Profile for Brian Murphy > Reviews

Brian Murphy (UK)

NEW Miami Fabric Manual Reclining Swivel Recliner Armchair & Footstool
NEW Miami Fabric Manual Reclining Swivel Recliner Armchair & Footstool

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product & Great value:, 11 Oct 2013
A few hours ago I praised the delivery, now this chair is assembled & in use I cannot fault it for comfort, appearance & ease of assembly. One simple picture sheet & all fixtures on a bubble card so no sorting a 'bag of bits' so built in less than an hour. Be careful of the recliner spindle as it has a light oil coating, best leave it covered until fully assembled to avoid putting it onto the fabric (mines Beige). The covers are all zipped (or stretched on bases) so can be removed for cleaning. This chair (unless you must have leather!) has a quality look & feel that belies it's price, why pay £££££ more, totally recommend.

NOTE: I posted earlier about delivery but it did not appear. There has to be mention of the fact that this chair was ordered late on 9/10, email confirmation of delivery between 14 & 17/10, text from Couriers (on 10/10) DPB that it would arrive on 11/10, further text at 07.20 on 11/10 saying Paul (Driver) would deliver between 08.29 & 09.29....... No one is going to believe me but the van pulled up at 08.30....... That's what I call an amazing service,well done!!!

Video-2-PC DIY Video Capture Kit. For Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & XP. Links your VCR or Camcorder to the USB port on your PC. Copy, Convert, Transfer: VHS, Video-8, VHS-C, Hi8, Digital8, & MiniDV video tapes to digital format H.264, MPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 & uncompressed AVI files & burn to DVD. Tested with Windows 8.1 & Windows 7 32 & 64 bit, Vista & XP. 14 day refund offer if not completely delighted.
Offered by ConvertStuffUKShop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, delivery & Customer Support:, 14 Mar 2013
The title of the review says it all. The product arrived well ahead of delivery date & while it might seem a lot to pay for some leads & software, compared to some I've used in the past this is an excellent product with the most comprehensive instructions(paper) and on screen tutorials. This product is not 'plug n play' & does require you to follow instructions precisely.
I had some issues with the audio that I could not resolve & also the licence number. I exchanged several emails with Tim Rustige the proprietor of TR COMPUTERS (Unlike many, He is far from anonymous)& although I believed it to be my problem rather than the product He offered to exchange it. I did resolve the issue & have successfully copied, edited & burned to DVD. I had considered a 'VHS/DVD Combi' (£200)with the facility to straight transfer my Tapes but wanted to edit & title them etc.... It's going to be a long job but this product does what it says it will, if not, you WILL get support. Many thanks Tim for the time spent putting me right.

Prestigio Road Runner HD1 Car Digital Video Recorder
Prestigio Road Runner HD1 Car Digital Video Recorder

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service:, 24 Mar 2012
After much research & reviewing many cheaper versions I decided to pay a bit more for this model in the hope that it would provide a better experience. This I have yet to determine as it is now hooked up to my PC for initial charge (3/4 hours) before putting it to the test, after which I will provide a more concise review. In the meantime I suggest you search the model on 'You Tube' where many people(mostly in Eastern Europe!!) have shown this camera in operation.
At this time however I would like to praise 'Amazon' in respect of delivery. I ordered this item late on 21st March 2012 with free post & packing & had email confirmation followed by further notification (on 22nd) that item despatched & delivery expected on Tuesday 27th.
At 07.20 today (Sat 24th) the package arrived, well packed & complete so as long as the product lives up to my expectation (some don't)I am so far happy with the service provided & would recommend (NOTE: This is my third purchase from Amazon & same applies for each). Prestigio Road Runner HD1 Car Digital Video RecorderMy proper rating for this will come later.

As promised, a follow up review of this car cam:
PRO's: Simple, intelligible set up instructions. Easy menu to navigate change/modify settings. Can be charged via USB OR Car 12v & has seperate AV cable to attach to TV for playback. Audio can be on or off (useful if you don't want background chat/music etc). Easy download of clips via USB or Card Reader. It really does switch on/off with engine & you can hear it start & stop without the need to drive with the screen open which can be a distraction in normal use. This means you can mount it at bottom of screen rather than the top (with screen open)where it's a bit conspicuous & you have trailing cable (quite a lot of cable). I have no idea how long it will hold charge if used unconnected but think it best to be charging continuously whilst in use.
CON's:Personally, I doubt the performance of this camera is any better than some of those at half the price. It's very slow adapting to changing light conditions & my limited use at night suggests that it needs to be surrounded by bright City lights as intermittent light sources tend to create flare as it tries to keep up. Number plates & road signs can only be clearly read in 'close up' under ideal lighting conditions. The suction clamp is compact & effective once properly affixed however it is sold as a seperate item on Amazon for £4.95 & it shows. The screw that locks the ball into the desired position failed on me first time with insufficient 'bite' on the thread to remain tight. Luckily I had spares from those mini camera tripods you can get from the £ shops which worked but I intend to replace it with something a bit more substantial. In conclusion, it does the job but you get what you pay for I suppose & in the event of some loony smacking into you at the lights, it has to be better than nothing. Also, it's worth paying a bit more to avoid having to read Chinese (Chinglish)instructions but maybe not so funny!!(see my video at [...]
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2013 10:32 AM BST