Profile for Simon > Reviews

Super Reading Secrets
by Howard Stephen Berg
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars A Laudable Introduction, 24 Aug. 2002
The book is FANTASTIC, VERY, VERY easy to read, and an OUTSTANDING workout for the mind, which in my opinion makes you more intelligent, but with learning there is always one snag, as I'll tell you in just a minute.
My 4 star rating is based on, an outstanding book, for those who are comming across this subject for the first time, and it's price, I really DID want to give it 5 stars, but because of the subject, I felt, in the end, it didn't quite make it.
For those who gave the book 2 stars or under, I beleive they either they haven't dedicated themselves to book for the 2 months, as stated, (because that is how long it takes to learn, with 16 - 30 minutes practice a day), or, they are not people who do much reading in the first place.
The book has around 30 exercises to set you off, including better comprehension and memory, when I say set you off, I mean, the 3 P's, just like when learning an instument, you need, Practice, Perseverence and you'll get Perfection.
Because of the Price, IT SHOULD BE ON YOUR SHELF!
One mistake I made when starting the book was spending too long on the 2nd chapter "How to Increase your reading Speed", make sure you don't spend more than 2 weeks with this chapter, because it's chapter 3 that is going to make you learn the fastest, which is "Schematic Speed-Increasing Techniques".
One last thing, I have read many books on the subject of speed reading, and the one thing they all say you need, which this book doesn't, is a good vocabulary, the better you are with words, reading, creative writing, the FASTER you will learn, I took a Verbal IQ test just before starting learning to Super Read and I scored VERY BADLY, 1 out of 20, it took me 5 months to learn how to super read, but then Einstein couldn't speak until he was 6, and was classed as a dropout.
The fact is: The mind thrives on problems to solve and it will grow if you work at it, Reading a page in 3 seconds is Very Possible if you work at it.
I highly recommend in conjunction with this book, "Teach yourself speed reading", as it has some FANTASTIC concentration exercises.
Happy learning
Simon Macera

A Man's Field Guide to Dating
A Man's Field Guide to Dating
by Robert A. Wray

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect training for the potential perfect man, 11 Dec. 2001
Fantastic!!!! I can't say anything else, It's backed up all my theories about women, and it's all good, this book will make you an expert and also an expert in choosing YOUR dream girl in both personality and looks, DON'T DELAY - Get this book NOW!!! A truely HONEST book

Page: 1 | 2