Profile for Ancat > Reviews

15-Minute Italian
15-Minute Italian
by Francesca Logi

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful in addition to other language guides, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: 15-Minute Italian (Paperback)
This has it good points. For example, it is good for using in a spare 15 minutes when waiting in the car. The early sections I found were more relevant for the tourist Itlaian vocabulary I was hoping to acquire. I would take the book on holiday with me as there is a good vocab at the back and useful phrases throughout. I found some of the non-Italian commentary a bit irksome, but all in all useful enough for what is was intended.

Italianissimo Beginners': Course Book
Italianissimo Beginners': Course Book
by Denise De Rome

4.0 out of 5 stars Full and comprehensive, 20 May 2013
I think this is a very well written and presented course. I gave it 4 stars rather than 5 for two reasons. I am attending a holiday Italian class where this text book was recommended, I would find the book alone difficult without the backup of the classroom situation. Because of attending the class, I did not purchase the CDs, but I think the accompnaying CDs would be really helpful if not attending a class.
The book is well laid out and very clear, and certainly has helped give me more confidence both to try out, and to understand Italian when I visit later this year.

AmazonBasics Leather Folio Cover with Multi-Angle Adjustable Stand for Kindle Fire 7-Inch- Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 2 Sept. 2012
This is excellent for my Samsung 7" Galaxy tablet. It looks good, is robust and protects the tablet. The images on the Amazon site show its versatility. Great, just what was needed.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch Tablet - White (16GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch Tablet - White (16GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous!, 2 Sept. 2012
I love this tablet, I have given it 5 stars, but the 7" size may not be for everyone. I find it compact and easy to slip into a handbag, some may feel choosing a smaller screen size compromises the viewing screen unacceptably.
It was so easy to start using and the range of apps is very good. This is my first tablet, I do not even have a smartphone, so this was a move into new territory. However, it has been so easy to use with no major issues at all. I would recommend this without any hesitiation whatsoever.

Little Messengers of Hope
Little Messengers of Hope
by Carolyn Shores Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 7 Feb. 2012
This is a beautiful book in all senses of the word. The collected writings alongwith the illustrations bring hope and peace. It is a book for picking up and almost every page brings reassurance although I have some favourites!

2012: A Book of Grace-Filled Days
2012: A Book of Grace-Filled Days
by Margaret Silf

5.0 out of 5 stars A reading for every day., 5 Jan. 2012
Margaret Silf was recommended to me and this book seemed to stand out on Amazon's page. It is still very early in the year, but I am getting a lot out of the daily readings and Silf's interpretations of the scripture. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone who needs some help with the daily discipline of reading God's word.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars nice gift, 5 Jan. 2012
Can't say anything about how well the pen works as it was a gift, but it looked good, (the crystal helps,) and it arrived promptly, was well packaged and the engraving was well done.

Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer in Gloss White with Liquidiser
Kenwood KM336 Chef Classic Stand Mixer in Gloss White with Liquidiser

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 28 Nov. 2010
Have wanted one of these for absolutely ages. Cannot think why I did not buy one before! They are so simple and easy to use. All attachments are so well thought out and they all fit inside the bowl so I do not feel it instrusive to have it sitting on my worktop. Have not bought the cover yet, but probably a good idea to do so.

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Barcelona
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Barcelona
by AnneLise Sorensen

4.0 out of 5 stars compact and comprehensive, 23 July 2010
Used this useful book for the few days we spent in Barcelona. It was an easy size to carry around and covered key points about the city. I do not think one book can every cover everything you would want but I did not really feel the need for much extra info. The small map of the transport system was also very handy.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium Trilogy Book 3)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium Trilogy Book 3)
by Stieg Larsson

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read, 22 July 2010
Bought this on a friend's recommendation. I was hooked from the very beginning with the good characterisations and many twists and turns in the plot. I have since bought the other two books, still have the third one to read and almost do not want to start it as, sadly, there are no more to look forward to.

Page: 1 | 2