Profile for C. J. Rees > Reviews

Content by C. J. Rees

C. J. Rees "sci-fi-addict" (worcester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Kanex MultiSync Bluetooth keyboard with Numeric Keypad
Kanex MultiSync Bluetooth keyboard with Numeric Keypad
Offered by love Office Stuffs (VAT Reg.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not durable, 26 Jan. 2016
I liked this keyboard at first but after only 18 months use the spring in space bar is broken and the letters have worn off many of the keys. My Oh bought an apple keyboard at the same time for his computer and his is still working fine.

Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset
Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset

3.0 out of 5 stars Microphone too sensitive, 21 Oct. 2015
Sound is clear and the headset was easy to set up, but the noise cancelling microphone is far too sensitive, picking up other conversations in the office so the people I'm talking to get to hear everything going on here! But if I turn down the volume on the mic then they can't here me either!

TweetCaster for Twitter (and Facebook)
TweetCaster for Twitter (and Facebook)

2.0 out of 5 stars keep being fake virus warnings, 21 Jan. 2014
I love tweetcaster on my phone so naturally I installed it on my kindle fire too. However I keep getting fake virus warnings, presumably I'm meant to click on the link to supposedly remove them and so download an actual virus. I know they're fake cos the English in the warning is v poor and my antivirus doesn't find anything. The dev needs to sort this out.

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Jan. 2014
If you like The Big Bang Theory on tv, you'll love this! I read it in one sitting. Funny, but touching, despite the main protagonist being exactly like Sheldon Cooper. Most enjoyable.

Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

4.0 out of 5 stars Some limitations to be expected at this low price, 3 Jan. 2014
Having had an Android phone for a couple of years, I thought that an Android tablet for internet browsing would be a great complement. The Kindle Fire is good in many ways, especially the price but there are a few annoyances.

First is the very limited range of apps in the app store and the inability to use apps from Google Play. Even such standbys as Google Maps appear to be missing! I was disappointed that when an app needs updating it is impossible to click through to see what recent reviews have been given since the update. I always turn auto update off...I've managed to avoid updating apps with dud updates on my phone by checking on Google play as to other users' experiences before deciding whether to update. I would like to do this with the Kindle too. Another annoyance is that if one exits an app to look something up or whatever, the state of the app is not remembered when returning. So, for example in the middle of writing a post on a forum, I received an email so I clicked on the mail item via the notification bar, but when I returned to the Silk browser and my forum post, it had disappeared!

I find the tablet rather heavy to hold so sometimes I prefer to use my phone just because it weighs less.

I understand the reasons for having ads on the lock screen, but I was unaware of this before purchasing the Kindle Fire...it should be made very clear that there will be ads.

I am enjoying the links with other Amazon products, such as Kindle books, mp3s, Audible audiobooks, LoveFilm, Amazon store etc.

Overall, a very good product but the lower price compared with say a Samsung Galaxy Tab or an iPad does mean there are some disadvantages. As I love my smart phone, I have access to lots of apps so the limitations of the Fire is less annoying than it would be to someone who has the Kindle Fire as their only `smart' device.

SCRABBLE
SCRABBLE

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, shame about the ads, 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Love playing scramble with my Facebook friends but why are there ads when this is a paid app?? I like the teacher feature where it shows you how you could have got a higher score but it would be nice if the dictionary gave the definition of the word as the teacher comes up with lots of words I don't know, so a definition would help me remember them for another time (plus educational!)

Samsung Sound Station for Galaxy S II
Samsung Sound Station for Galaxy S II
Offered by GSMshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for what it is, 20 Jun. 2012
I was looking for something that could act as a stand for my Samsung so I could use is as a night clock by my bed and also to be able to view video without having to hold the phone. I was not expecting fantastic sound...it is only a passive speaker after all. I was pleasantly surprised. The boost in sound is dramatic. I can't understand why one reviewer says he couldn't hear a difference...perhaps he was putting it in the wrong way round or had not removed the protective cover. I found that a little tweaking of the equalizer in my music app produced an acceptable sound that was at least as good as from those mini speakers one can buy (and which failed after a few weeks' use in my case - at least there are no moving or electrical parts to go wrong in this one!). I suspect that adjusting the sound output with a graphic equalizer is probably essential to avoid the "bucket" sound that one reviewer mentions.

Of course a dedicated dock with power input and proper speakers would sound better, but the neat design of this is just what I wanted.

I'm only giving it 4 stars though because the price is very high for what is really just a lump of moulded plastic (albeit cleverly designed).

Homescapes - Organic - 400 Thread Count - Double - Fitted Sheet - 100% Egyptian Cotton - Anti Dust mite and Anti Allergen - Superior Percale - Excellent for Summers
Offered by HOMESCAPES

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but have had better, 25 Nov. 2010
This is a fairly smooth and soft sheet, but my Christy Indulge 400 thread count sheet is much smoother (sadly now discontinued). However, this Homescapes sheet is considerably smoother than the Dorma 400 thread count pillow cases I have, which are as rough as sandpaper! It seems that the thread count is not a particularly reliable indication of how soft and smooth the sheet will be. The sheet is soft rather than crisp which is what I was expecting of a percale weave. It has a nice quality of construction but is tricky to iron because of the elastic all the way round (and it does need ironing). The depth of the sheet needed to be a bit bigger for my bed with its (thin) mattress topper on it, but would be OK for a normal bed. Love the fact that it is organic as, otherwise, cotton is a crop that uses more pesticides than any other, I believe.

Christy Supreme 100% Cotton Flat Sheet Cream, Double
Christy Supreme 100% Cotton Flat Sheet Cream, Double

4.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 25 Nov. 2010
Lovely and smooth and easy- or, in my case, non-iron too. Much softer than my Homescapes 400 thread count organic sheet. Will be buying more.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Nov. 2010
Despite claiming to be 300 thread count, the sheet seems rough to the touch compared with my Christy Supreme 200 thread count duvet cover. I am hoping it will get smoother with washing, but not impressed on first opening the packet!

Page: 1 | 2