Profile for Kristian Ditlev Jensen > Reviews

Content by Kristian Ditle...

Kristian Ditlev Jensen

Writing with Power: Techniques for Mastering the Writing Process
Writing with Power: Techniques for Mastering the Writing Process
by Peter Elbow
Price: 22.53

5.0 out of 5 stars This book gave me my job, 6 Jan 2000
It is in fact very simple: This book - or rather, an older, former edition of it - was given to me as a birthday present ten years ago. Ever since I have been writing. Writingwritingwriting. Today I am a professionel prose writer. Writing is how I make my living. I write fiction, essays, feature-, science-, and literary journalism in Denmarks leading newspaper. But it all began with this book. With its fine "questions to help you write about ..." (e.g. Is your problem a type of insanity? Do you need to take a pill, or to be cared for and nursed while living trough the madness). With its fundamental division between being creative and being discriminating. With its very clear and - frankly - choking ways of presenting things in a way that can make you believe in yourself. I found the book here on the net, because I am going to buy it. My first copy was almost used up, when I lented it to someone who didn't return it. No wonder. But, Rebecca, when you are finished could you pass it on? Please. Someone else might need it.