Profile for Amycat > Reviews

Davina - Fit in 15 [DVD]
Davina - Fit in 15 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile workout for busy people, 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Davina - Fit in 15 [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant! Very versatile. When you're short of time during the week you can choose a 15 minute segment with the 6 minute stretch, but when you've got more time you can run 2 or 3 together. I haven't completed all of the workouts or the longer 'chill out' section yet, but the intervals and core workouts are fantastic. I'm already very happy with this product.

National Theatre calendar 2013
National Theatre calendar 2013
by Flame Tree Publishing
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for theatre geeks, 8 Mar. 2013
I bought this for my daughter as a change from Johnny Depp calendars, and she loves it. It's good quality, and the selection of posters makes it just a little bit different from most calendars.

Cherry Amber Sterling Silver Victorian Cuff Bracelet 20cm
Cherry Amber Sterling Silver Victorian Cuff Bracelet 20cm
Offered by Noda

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly small fit, 8 Mar. 2013
I didn't really focus on the dimensions when I ought this. 8" is quite small, so the bangle would be best suited to an older child or teen, or an adult with delicate wrists. Having said that, it is absolutely gorgeous.

Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)
Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A little pretentious, but otherwise brilliant, 8 Mar. 2013
I was a little put off by a couple of earlier reviews saying this was hard to follow and pronouns are badly used. I have to say, I agree:Mantel's use of 'he' to mean Cromwell even when, in context. it should clearly refer to someone else is very irritating to start with, but you soon get used to it. The style is a little too self consciously affected for me to give the book 5 stars, but it's a period I love to read about, and is very well researched and, apart from the affectations, written, so overall I would recommend it.

1001 Beers: You Must Try Before You Die
1001 Beers: You Must Try Before You Die
by Adrian Tierney-Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite impressive, 8 Mar. 2013
I bought this as a present and wasn't sure what to expect. When it arrived, the book was much glossier and more impressive than I expected - a pretty decent present. The recipient, who was turning 40 and is a bit of a beer monster, was very appreciative and has vowed to sample all 1001 beers before he turns 50!

The Heresy of Dr Dee (THE JOHN DEE PAPERS Book 2)
The Heresy of Dr Dee (THE JOHN DEE PAPERS Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 8 Mar. 2013
It took me a while to get into this. The style was a little odd; a strange mixture of anachronisms and attempts at period detail. But once the plot got going I really quite enjoyed it and started to overlook the flaws.

Otter House - Meerkat Madness - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Otter House - Meerkat Madness - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 8 Mar. 2013
Bought as a present for a work colleague with a broken ankle, apparently it was a great way to pass a few hours while he was laid up.

Green Board Games BrainBites Shakespeare
Green Board Games BrainBites Shakespeare
Offered by Toys On Your Screen

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, but limited range of questions, 10 Jan. 2013
I bought this as a stocking filler for my teenage daughter, a self-confessed Shakespeare geek. It's easy to play and good fun, but there aren't really enough questions. The facts on the cards are interesting though, and we both learnt something. Although my daughter loves it, it is probably better for younger children who know less bout Shakespeare to start with.

SAMRICK - Samsung P3100 Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) - Purple Executive Specially Designed Leather Book Wallet Case With Exclusive Viewing Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 10 Jan. 2013
This is exactly what I was looking for to go with my new tablet. It fits the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 perfectly with the holes matching the camera etc. It's also finished well, with a nice, soft finish inside. I am very happy with my purchase.

House of Marley Smile Jamaica In-Ear Headphones - Curry
House of Marley Smile Jamaica In-Ear Headphones - Curry
Offered by Prime Communications

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality, but not durable, 31 Oct. 2012
My daughter bought these earphones and was at first very impressed - good noise reduction, good sound quality, look good. However, one of the earphones stopped working after about three weeks. We thought this was just bad luck, and I bought her a replacement pair (being a teenager, she hadn't kept the receipt!) These arrived about three weeks ago, and again one of the earphones has stopped working already. My daughter does use her earphones a lot, but she does not misuse them, and the fact this has happened to two sets suggests there is a problem in the manufacture. I am returning the earphones to Amazon and buying something different.