Profile for Mr. N. Campion > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. Campion

Mr. N. Campion (Sunderland, UK)

Plain Hallmarked Sterling Silver Oval Cufflinks with FREE Engraving. (Please email engraving requirements)
Offered by Lapal Dimension

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've seen for price!, 7 Nov 2013
Only saw one better product in a jewellers and for what I was after and they were twice the price and I had doubts they could be engraved. Great product and good engraving. Service from seller was fantastic too.

ABUS  65/40  PADLOCK
ABUS 65/40 PADLOCK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for gym locker, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: ABUS 65/40 PADLOCK (DIY & Tools)
As title I bought this for the gym locker. The padlock is very solid and does the job fantastically well.

Velo Inclined Men's Plush Men's Saddle - Black
Velo Inclined Men's Plush Men's Saddle - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bike accessory I've purchased., 10 Aug 2013
Like every bike mine came with a razor blade for a seat. I bought some padded shorts but still suffered soreness. I was recommended this seat by a friend a used it on a 2hr ride for the first time today. It's brilliant! I had no such effects at all (still with padded shorts) today.

If you want a new seat for the same reasons get this one!

Kitchen Craft Hamburger Maker Wax Discs, Pack of 250
Kitchen Craft Hamburger Maker Wax Discs, Pack of 250

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product but be warned., 2 Jun 2011
I gave these five stars as they work great and make separating frozen burgers easy but be warned they are small. I bought a different burger press which apparently makes much bigger burgers than whatever kitchen kraft's own product does so check the sizes before buying. Purely my fault for not checking so I haven't docked any stars.

This is the burger press I bought which is absutetely fantastic!

Offered by BuzzBase

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant!, 2 Jun 2011
I'm amazed how easy this is to use. The insert which apparently is there to put a dimple in the burger to cook it evenly is even more usefull as a device to get the burger out which I now imagine would be an issue on other models. The burgers are a great size. A lot wider than I expected. I bought some kitchen kraft wax discs along with this and they are too small. So small I wonder how small the kitchen kraft press makes burgers. Get this one. You won't be disappointed.

Game Before the Game: The Perfect 30-Minute Practice
Game Before the Game: The Perfect 30-Minute Practice
by Lynn Marriott

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away!, 12 Feb 2010
I got this book for Christmas and I did ask for it after reading the reviews but I could not get into it at all and couldn't get passed the new wave 54 hippy thingy they kept plugging. I also found their suggestions a little unrealistic and not related to pre round warming up having bought this book thinking it would give me advice on how to prepare for my round. It doesn't!!!

There are some very good books/dvds on golf flexability which would help you with warming up.

as for improving golf I've gone for the following:
Ben Hogan's Five fundamentals.
Bob Rotella's Golf is not a game of perfect.
I'm also working my way through Dave Pelz's short game bible.

I know my game and mental side of golf will be much different from yours but I've had great success with these books and couldn't find any I could apportion to the game before the game.

Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible
Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible
by Dave Pelz

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Dry but great book all the same., 12 Feb 2010
I'm currently reading this one and found it very hard to get into as the first few chapters are about him developing a system for analysing statistics. However haveing got to the point where I'm trying improvements suggested I can fully understand why he has done this. Having stuck with it I am seeing the benefits on the course. I've only given it 4 stars as I think it could do with the photo's updating.

A book that is worth purchasing. Stick with it from the beginning a follow it through on your first read rather than skipping to the bunker section and you'll be rewarded.

I would also recommend reading Bob Rotella's 'Golf is not a Game of perfect' first as it has helped dramatically to get all the fears out of my game first.Golf is Not a Game of Perfect

The Dr. Bob Rotella Collection: Includes "Golf is a Game of Confidence", "Golf is Not a Game of Perfect", "Putting Out of Your Mind", "The Golf of Your Dreams"
by Bob Rotella
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the car, 12 Feb 2010
I'm a big fan of Bob Rotella's books. I started reading them 2months ago and they have shaved 11 strokes of my score. I know this is a big claim but they really did make me realise my potential and now I have more clarity on what I need to actually improve on.

Now I'm not a fan of audiobooks over a book in this type of area as it is all too easy to zone out at key moments but having read the books I tend to put these on in the car on my way to golf as a refresher which works quite well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2010 1:06 PM BST