Profile for M. Landy > Reviews

Content by M. Landy

M. Landy "artymousemover" (United Kingdom)

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (DVD + UV Copy( [2013]
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (DVD + UV Copy( [2013]
Dvd ~ Hugo Weaving
Offered by Discs4all

4.0 out of 5 stars A worry for the series..., 12 April 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the Film/Dvd, it's an adaption after all, BUT I feel a sense of impending doom, remember the new Star Wars trilogy, the clumsy knitting together of old story lines and characters, I guess we will soon see a young Gimley frolicking with his father in even more flash backs, which is all well and fine, except it pushes the Hobbit from a brilliant book to something more diluted. This really should have been one exceptional 4-hour film.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2013 7:05 PM BST

Dr. Marten's Unisex Original 2976 Boot
Dr. Marten's Unisex Original 2976 Boot
Price: £69.29 - £139.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A real bargain, 9 Nov. 2012
I've been looking at these boots on the high street- £110 was just too expensive, only £58 here, it's a no brainer!

SwitchEasy Folio Style Canvas Case for iPad 3 - Red
SwitchEasy Folio Style Canvas Case for iPad 3 - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tough case, 16 April 2012
Although this seems expensive compared to other cases, you really cant put a value on protection, especially when it comes to a vunerable Ipad, my friend dropped his Ipad onto a wooden floor, badly cracking the screen,(apple wanted £200 to repair it) I've allready dropped mine and this case easily protected it. Build quality is very good, tight-fitting. It has a maganet built in, and starts up on opening the front cover. The viewing angle is great for me (i'm an artist) Only one slight critism - the velcro is very tight inside, but this will probably ease with time. Well recommended - it looks like it will last me the life of the Ipad.

Palo Metal Stylus Pen in Black a with rubber screw tip for most Capacitive
Mobile Phone Telephone HQ Tablet Stylus Pen Apple iPhone Ipad Ipad 2 Ipad 3
Ipad Mini Ipod Touch Wifi 3G 3GS 4G 4GS 5 Nokia Samsung Galaxy HTC
Palo Metal Stylus Pen in Black a with rubber screw tip for most Capacitive Mobile Phone Telephone HQ Tablet Stylus Pen Apple iPhone Ipad Ipad 2 Ipad 3 Ipad Mini Ipod Touch Wifi 3G 3GS 4G 4GS 5 Nokia Samsung Galaxy HTC
Offered by Palo

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little doodler, 11 April 2012
(using pen on New Ipad) "No problems yet, pen could have been longer for my big hands, but an old pen top fixed that, slight dragging sensation, a bit like dragging a balloon down a window, but much better than just using a finger. Screen stays cleaner. One critism is that the fat end of the pen sometimes obscures what you're drawing."

Call of Duty 3 (Wii)
Call of Duty 3 (Wii)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

3.0 out of 5 stars A cheap blast, 10 July 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty 3 (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought this just recently very cheaply (£13 brand new) and if you ignore the flaky control system, it's basically a very good involving first person warshooter. Compared to medal of honor this was much more fun, with varied missions - the tank driving in particular was really atmospheric - although I cant find out how to replay that mission?
I can understand some reviewers getting frustrated with some of the control issues, but these don't really spoil the game, just be patient.

Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS)
Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Renaissance

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough scrabbler, 25 Sept. 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Anyone who loves Scrabble won't be dissapointed with this DS version, the graphics are gorgeous, silky scrolling and zooming (strange eerie music though...like playing scrabble in the afterlife?) I like to think im a average scrabbler (350-400points) but this beat me hands down on the fourth tournament rubber. It has a theosaurus description as you play the tiles...a nice touch, plus a simple save game option.

Apple iPod 30GB Video/Black (5th Generation)
Apple iPod 30GB Video/Black (5th Generation)

4.0 out of 5 stars WAS a great piece of kit, 3 Oct. 2006
Very classy, intuative mp3 player, with all features you need, battery power doesn't seem to last the claimed 24 hours though. All to easy to scratch the lovely chrome back, recommend a good case. Be warned, it doesn't come with a dock. I'm planning to install the ipod in my [car] but can't find a decent dashboard attachment.

Update (June 2014)
iPod stopped working after 8 years, asked Apple, and apparently the hard drive packed up - the guy in the apple store was totally disinterested in my complaining "what did I expect after 8 years?" I was told, when I said I wished I'd bought something else, he just said "what else?" My faith in Apple products has taken a dip, I can't afford to spend £180 every few years to keep up with the latest trend, ironically my old Sony Walkman is still going strong after 35 years!