Profile for Mr. Richard The book boy > Reviews

Content by Mr. Richard Th...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 164

Mr. Richard The book boy "Book boy" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
i-Rocks Rock Series K10 Keyboard
i-Rocks Rock Series K10 Keyboard
Price: 22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than cheaper membrane keyboards and good value too., 2 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Much better than cheaper membrane keyboards

I Rocks K10 keyboard.
------------------------------
You know you are getting something special when you pick this keyboard up, it weighs far more than usual and does not flex when handled. The keys feel great. Each key is on its own mount with switch unlike the cheaper membrane keyboards.

--------------
The keyboard with attached USB 3.0 cable and instructions.

Setup.
---------
It’s plug and play and works with USB 3.0 and is backwardly compatible with USB 2.0 standards.

---------
This is a very nice keyboard indeed. The keys are very nice to touch and don’t feel ‘dead’ like many cheaper keyboards, there is feedback. This helps make it so easy to use and I find myself making less mistakes. It is very nice to use and makes typing a pleasure. I agree with other reviewers that the keys are noisy compared to other keyboards but this really is not a problem. The keyboard is angled to make it comfortable to use during long sessions.
Up to 30 keys at a time can be triggered for game use. The keyboard also has some extra keys including a Windows lock key. Here is also a full numeric keypad and switch LED indicators.

----------
A premium keyboard designed for the rigours of game use but it is also very nice to type with. I cannot see anyone being disappointed with this product. Considering the excellent build quality the price is pretty good too. highly recommended.

Omron Walking Style IV Step Counter - Blue, Size 1
Omron Walking Style IV Step Counter - Blue, Size 1
Price: 27.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and accurate, 21 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Only got this this morning but was eager to try it

What you get.
In the box is the main unit which is quite small, instructions in many languages and a lanyard to attach it to a belt etc.

Set up
When you first switch it on you need to set it up to get the best results. This entails setting your weight and average stride distance so that it can calculate distance and calories burned correctly. It's quite easy as the instruction are in the form of pictograms and it does not take long to set up.

Using it.
I attached it to my belt and took the dog for a good brisk walk. The unit told me I had done 2800 steps and burn 145 calories which seems about right for a walk. I am going to use it all week just to see how many steps I take and calories burned walking the dog. The unit has a cumulative memory so you can measure your steps and calories burned over time.

Overall.
Not the cheapest meter on the market but it is customisable and seems very accurate. However it is great quality and will be very useful and interesting to use overtime. Probably best for the serious sports person as there are cheaper options for plodders like me !!!

Offered by Wiziwoo Limited
Price: 7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and very useful little backup device for mobile devices, 21 Aug 2014
Kingston Technology 16GB USB 3.0 Micro Duo Flash Drive

This is a 16Gb Flash drive that works as a standard USB flash or you can connect it to a mobile device to download pictures of files.

Set up.
---------
There is basically nothing to do, just plug it in and the phone sees it as storage. Use the phone file manager to move data on and off it, it’s that simple. It also works with my Google Nexus in much the same way.

Quality.
----------
It is well made and has a neat folding design that allows you to connect using a full sized USB or mini phone sized adapter, it’s all built in and no cables needed.

---------
Using my Nokia Lumina it quickly copied my picture and data files, giving me a backup and the possibility of freeing up phone memory. It is so simple to use due to its clever design. It’s very small and there is a lug on it so that you can attach it to a lanyard or key ring. I would recommend this as the device is tiny and would be easy to lose.

----------
A neat multi-function device to back up data from an Android smartphone or tablet. I says Android on the box and I think they do a iOS version as well. IT comes in 16, 32 and 64 GB versiuons A great inexpensive little device.

Philips GC4521/87 Azur Performer Steam Iron with 200 g Steam Boost and Safety Auto Off, 300 ml, 2600 Watt, Black
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but irons beautifully - even I can use it !!!, 20 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Why do we need such and expensive iron ?
----------------------------------------------------------
We get through a lot of irons in our house – we are all re-enactors and have lots of kit that need ironing time and time again. Stuff ranges from delicate silk to heavy wool materials.

--------------
The iron, instructions and filler jug.

Versatility.
--------------
This iron has lots of setting to iron just about anything.

Construction.
------------------
It is very well made and should last years. The foot plate is heavy and just slides over garments of all thicknesses from silk to heavy woollen type materials. It is a joy to use feeling very solid.

---------
I don’t think this iron will be phased by anything we throw at it. It is easy to control and slides effortlessly over material. It can also be used to steam hanging garments. My wife and daughter have some huge multi layered medieval dresses to iron but using this iron the job was done quickly, accurately and without the usual expletives !

----------
Yes it is a lot of money for an iron but if you have lots of complex ironing to do like us then this is the iron to get. Beautifully made and easy to control with lots of settings. It also has a water cleaning and descale system. The best iron we have ever used.

Seagate STBV4000200 Expansion 4TB USB 3.0 3.5 inch External Hard Drive
Seagate STBV4000200 Expansion 4TB USB 3.0 3.5 inch External Hard Drive
Offered by Value_Deal
Price: 126.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price for 4Tb of back up, 20 Aug 2014
Large amount of storage at a good price.

-------------
You get the main drive, mains cable and transformer and UK plug fitting USB 3.0 data cable.

Set up.
----------
Not much to do here, just plug it in and Windows sees it first time. I have connected it to a USB 3.0 socket to back up my pictures and it's working well.
It is also backwardly compatible with USB 2.0 so will work on older ports to.

Speed.
----------
On the USB 3.0 port is definitely faster backing up which is good as I have over 2Tb of pictures to copy out.

It comes with some management software on the disk but I have not used this as I just want it to copy picture to.

----------
A good price for 4Tb and it works quickly and quietly. As for longevity only time will tell and if I get any problems I will report back.

Price: 8.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, well made and excellent quality, 20 Aug 2014

What you get.
------------------
The card comes in a blister pack with the micro SD card and the Micro adapter.

Specification.
-----------------
This is a 16Gb card conforming to the class 10 specification. The card claims 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write which is quite fast for this type of card.

Quality.
----------
The card is a Kingston and is well made and should withstand the rigors of everyday use. I have had other Kingston cards from years back and they still work fine after many reformats.

In Use.
---------
This is quite a fast card and should work well with todays high speed phones and cameras that use the micro format. I used this in my GoPro today at a joust using full resolution. The images obtained are great with no drop out or frame loss from the card. So this card works well. I cannot comment on longevity but all my other Kinston cards have given no problems over many years of use.
The card adapter works as it should and my laptop had no problem reading the card first time.

----------
A fast and good quality card from Kingston.

Deep Down, a Tale of the Cornish Mines
Deep Down, a Tale of the Cornish Mines
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice period story set in Cornwall., 16 Aug 2014
A nice story about Cornwall from long ago by RM Ballantyne. It's all about the Penzance area and mining district. It is a free Kindle book and well worth reading if you like books set in period times. I enjoyed it very much. Not bad for free !

by CGP Books
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A traditional approach but accurate and well designed., 15 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A traditional approach but accurate and well designed.

AS/A Level Maths for Edexcel - Statistics 1: Student Book

This is a book in the CGP A level mathematics series for EDEXCEL.

Book format.
-----------------
The format of the book is very traditional but uses a tried and tested approach. Here and example is given followed by progressively harder work through exercises and tests. The back of the book has examples to try out to check progress.

Accuracy.
-------------
This book has been well checked and so far I cannot find any errors which is a very good thing. I have used a lot of CGP text and revision books when teaching and have always found them excellent.

CD ROM.
-------------
In the back of the book is a CD ROM with some examples EDEXCEL papers and full worked answers which help the student see how it should be done. This is a very useful addition to the book and makes it a little more interactive which appeals to students these days.

----------
This is a more traditional type of revision book but very well executed and presented. You can’t go wrong using CGP books as they have had many years of development.

Lithium Battery For Nokia 808 PureView
Lithium Battery For Nokia 808 PureView
Offered by UK Battery
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just as good as the more expensive Nokia one., 14 Aug 2014
Cheap replacement for my Nokia battery which needed charging ever 3 hours. This one is fine and gives me 4 days of standby. Excellent battery and service.

Cable Mountain 2m Ultimate High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet and ARC
Cable Mountain 2m Ultimate High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet and ARC
Price: 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine., 14 Aug 2014
I needed to play some video from my laptop to my TV. I did not want to pay a fortune for a cable so selected this one from Amazon. It works fine and the cable and plugs are of excellent quality. A great cable at a great price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20