Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now
Profile for cat > Reviews

Content by cat

cat

H4NSP Zoom Recorder
H4NSP Zoom Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic device. Just be clear that this 'cheaper' version ..., 23 Jan. 2016
This review is from: H4NSP Zoom Recorder (Electronics)
My second one of these. Fantastic device.
Just be clear that this 'cheaper' version is the recorder only, no power pack, wind shield or other accessories are included.

Stagg 3m High Quality XLR to XLR Plug Microphone Cable
Stagg 3m High Quality XLR to XLR Plug Microphone Cable
Offered by PJS Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jan. 2016
Hard to fault at this price. Actually, simply can't fault it.

H&S® 10 Keys Super Heavy Duty Padlock Lock for Garage Warehouse Shipping Container
Offered by H&S Alliance UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jan. 2016
Good value & sturdy.

HopCentury Game Video Capture Box HDMI 1080P HD Card Recorder Device for XBox One 360, PlayStation PS4 PS3, Wii U Gameplay, PC - Record Screen Action to Share it on Youtube
Offered by HopCentury Electronic Co., LTD (UK Team)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by the cheap price - this is a quality device., 23 Jan. 2016
Easy to set up and very versatile.
Worked with Mini-display to HDMI out adaptor from macbook pro with no issues recording for hours on end. Handy little tool with many uses.
Just to be clear, this does record the sound from the HDMI output. If you want to use the mic input, for example to narrate along to game play, then you will need to use the YPbPr input.
There seems to be lots of similar devices about, we chose this one simply because HopCentury seems to respond to questions and provide support. Glad we did, it's proven to be reliable and it does everything that's promised.

A1CS FUSION5 HD Tablet PC - 10.1" IPS Screen - 1280 * 800 SCREEN - BLUETOOTH - Android 4.0 ICS - 1GB RAM - 16GB STORAGE - 2160p

1.0 out of 5 stars steer clear of these 10inch IPS disasters, 12 April 2013
In summary, I have bought 3 variations of these 10inch IPS tablets from this version up to the top of the range even including 32g versions that never even hit the market place. In all, 7 tablets ( yes, SEVEN different tablets! ) have passed through my hands from this seller and all have been returned due to faults.

I've included some of the relevant text from my other review relating specifically to the premium plus, (16G and 32G models) which applies here too because this may be useful for some users. You should be able to find my other review.

Whilst not all of these faults I am about to list related to this particular model (at least the ones I had anyway) they do all relate to the 10inch IPS models. Faults included, non-responsiveness of the screen, locking up, switching off, dead zones on the screen, erratic screen behavior (google it...) as well as the inevitable screen bleed and dead pixels. The quality control has to be questioned. Even my "replacements" were specifically checked prior to dispatch to me, and guess what? They were faulty too. So, either they were not checked, or possibly they developed significant faults very soon after. Neither scenario is good, right?

So the most recent tablets from A1CS were eventually sent back after several faulty replacements. I have been refunded the cost if these but I have not had the return postage costs refunded, which I'm taking up with Amazon because whilst A1CS (or F5CS as they appear to be called now) initially demonstrated a very good level of customer after care service, it appears they have now lost interest in me and are now ignoring my e-mails and have been for two weeks now.

To sum up, I have had 7 tablets from A1CS, all 10.1 inch, all IPS screens, three different models. These 10.1 inch IPS versions just aren't reliable at all I'm afraid. Like another user, I ended up buying a couple of 10.1 galaxy tab 2's instead and the difference is quite astounding considering they are not a huge amount more expensive. You can pick up refurbished versions from reputable sellers with a years warranty for under £200 if you look about, the screen alone in the Samsung is SOOOO much better although I accept that the connectivity isn't as good.

What made it particularly hard for me was that these were Christmas gifts for my kids who are still at the Santa age and trying to explain to them why their tablets needed to keep getting replaced was very difficult.
When I got the Samsungs, my daughter asked if these ones would work or would they need to get sent back too ? I said that they would be fine, you know what, I was absolutely right. The Samsungs have been faultless.

My advice ? Don't spend a lot of money on these chinese imports, steer well clear of this particular model and similar 10inch IPS models from this seller. At time of review this is still listed at around £145 and that is just way too much money for this. If it was reliable and worked, I would consider it reasonable value but this particular model is very, very slow and laggy, compared to the similar dual core models.

If you want a cheap tablet, try and get at least a dual core otherwise you will become very frustrated with how slow they are. Accept that it will fail sooner or later and therefore understand that your investment is a write off.

Just Google 'a1cs erratic screen' and see what comes up.

Other models from this seller do appear to be more reliable, HOWEVER; do try to read up on the most recent reviews because they tend to reflect the most recent product placements, simply click the 'most recent first' option. There seems to have been a few reliability issues recently.

A1CS's customer service was very good to me for a spell, until recently I couldn't fault it. Unfortunately they've fallen at the last hurdle. Ignoring e-mails is unforgivable particularly when that is the only way of contacting the seller.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions in the comments section and expand on my experience if it helps anyone.

Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone
Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Behringer C-1 Good value, but questionable build quality, 7 April 2013
I bought this having spent some time reviewing and it seemed like very good value with lots of positive feedback. You will see scathing comments from the 'anti-Behringer league' but please, do bear in mind the cost of this item. I suspect most of the scathing reporters will have spent substantially more on their microphone of choice.

My initial thoughts were of great disappointment as there was a terrible buzz / hum. This was regardless of what phantom supply was used and what lead. I looked long and hard on the old faithful internet and everything pointed to an earth loop problem suggesting that my hardware was earthing to different points which could cause the problem. I found a particularly good response on a forum relating to an earth loop hum on a different product, so using the guidance of that learned forum member, I ruled out each symptom one by one to conclude there was a fault with a microphone.

I worked through these possible causes, using different phantom power sources, initially on my presonus firestudio mobile, then from my spirit folio RAC PAC mixer. Both resulted in the humm or buzz. I tried an alternative shure dynamic mic plugged into both, no humm or buzz even with the phantom power on so it wasn’t a 48v problem. I bought another XLR lead through AMAZON which arrived next day thanks to my prime membership, but still the C-1 hummed so it didn’t seem to be the lead.

To alleviate the earth loop possibility, I disconnected my macbook pro from the mains charger and powered the presonus through firewrire only (no need for a wall-wart which is very handy ! ) – so the power was all from the battery. The C-1 still hummed but again the shure dynamic mic didn’t..

Now by co-incidence, it was at that point that I went to change over the XLR lead again and the buzzing stopped ! I realized that when I tightened the mic onto the mount, the lead was wiggled and the buzzing stopped. When I investigated further, the three pins at the bottom of the mic that the XLR lead were actually loose! Tightening or loosening the mount would make the buzz go away, but if the mic was moved slightly it would come back. So the solution that I found on the forum was correct, namely there was a manufacturing problem that resulted in a dodgy earth actually in the mic itself !

I’m not sure of this’ll work but here’s the link to that very useful information that I found..

[...]

So I did have a short opportunity to try the mic after a bit of cable wiggling and it did sound pretty good for a £34 microphone. I can see why this is a firm favourite. I did find it a tiny wee bit noisy, that may have been something to do with my set-up though.

So I sent it back but replacements aren’t in stock. I’ve waited for a few days for them to return to stock but I have now decided to get the rode NT1-A instead. My decision is based largely on the reliability.

So if you get a good–un, I’m sure you’ll be pleased. If it buzzes, check it over, you may just have a faulty one, like I did. Some of the scathing reviews I have seen I must conclude can only be down to a faulty item, because when it works, for £34 it really is very good. I can only give 4 stars on the basis that my one had to go back due to the manufacturing fault.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2014 10:38 PM BST

A1CS FUSION5 PREMIUM+ HD TABLET PC - 10.1" IPS SCREEN - 16:9 SCREEN RESOLUTION - DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR - ANDROID 4.1.1 JELLY BEAN - 16GB - DUAL-CAMERA

1.0 out of 5 stars Some problems, a long journey, & I eventually gave up !, 9 Jan. 2013
I bought two of these to replace two other 10.1's (the HD premium) that were returned.

One of these newly purchased HD premium plus tablets suffered from the erratic screen syndrome that some other buyers have described here and elsewhere, it was obvious immediately on switching on. So it was sent back to amazon and I bought another to replace it. The replacement seems fine - so far, but after only one day's use. ( Remember that's now my fifth tablet ! )

Now after only a few days of use the other HD P+ tablet has started with the erratic screen. After an hour of being switched off, it had stopped and it is back to normal.

The erratic screen is when the tablet seems to think that it is being touched despite this not being the case. Evidence of this can be seen by using one of the the developer functions in the settings that allows you to see on the screen a little white circle to indicate where the screen is being touched. In my case these white dots were popping up at a horrendous rate all down the left hand side of the screen. The tablet was as a result opening APP's, changing settings etc all by itself. It was simply not usable. To be clear, this still happened whether or not the developer function to show screen touches was enabled or not.

So, it seems to be OK for the moment but I am trying to determine if others have experienced this erratic screen problem.

When it works, it is a joy to use, but I am now not confident that it will work now when I switch it on. I am waiting on resolution from A1CS and I have asked them to call me. They have asked me to send the tablet back to them as expected but this is exceptionally inconvenient as these were Christmas gifts which to date have seen very little, if any use. My kids are losing interest. Who wants a gadget that doesn't work ?

Whilst A1CS customer service appears to be very good, I can not recommend this tablet as it stands at least until I can determine if it has an inherent fault or if it is simply a 'one off' ( or 4 off in my case !). I would welcome any comment from users of this tablet.

I am confident to recommend A1CS as a seller, but I am not confident to recommend this product.

ADDITIONAL COMMENT AT 11-01-13

A1CS went out of there way to contact me through Amazon which I was very impressed with as these units were bought directly through Amazon's PRIME.

A1CS have advised that their technical guys are looking at the erratic screen problem with a view to resolving. Leeann from their office called me and spent some considerable time on the phone with me today to explain what is being done. We have a agreed a solution. Leeann has advised that there are instances of the screen problem being related to the charger, particularly when it is actually plugged in and that a charger replacement is a 99.9% certain fix. I have no reason to doubt this as she came across as extremely knowledgeable, very helpful and honest. She advised that it has been recognized there could be a problem on very few of the tablets with the erratic screen on low battery even when it is not plugged into the charger and that the technical team are currently looking into this.

So if you are unlucky enough as I was to get one of these with the 'crazy' screen, it seems to be an easy fix or a simple replacement solution. You will get your postage costs back if you need to go down this route.

So accordingly, I have reviewed my rating and put it back up to 5 stars. I feel confident to recommend this product now, please be assured and be mindful that if you are unlucky enough to get a faulty unit, A1CS will go over and above the normal call of duty to ensure that you are satisfied. At these good odds, it's worth a gamble for the remote chance of a return to get an outstanding tablet at a fraction of the cost of the 'brand' equivalent in my opinion.

I have always thought highly of A1CS customer service based on my own experience and what I have read elsewhere, how my grumble was dealt with totally reinforces that opinion. You can not go wrong with this seller.

In due course I'll report back to confirm if all's OK, I expect it will be all good.

UPDATE APRIL 2013

So the tablets were eventually sent back after several faulty replacements. I have been refunded the cost if these but I have not had the return postage costs refunded, which I'm taking up with Amazon because A1CS (or F5CS as they appear to be called now) are not ignoring my e-mails and have been for two weeks now.

To sum up, I have had 7 tablets from A1CS, all 10.1 inch, all IPS screens, three different models. These 10.1 inch IPS versions just aren't reliable at all I'm afraid. Like another user here, I ended up buying a couple of 10.1 galaxy tab 2's instead and the difference is quite astounding considering they are not that much more expensive. You can pick up refurbished versions from reputable sellers with a years warranty for just a few pounds more than the cost of these unreliable imports, the screen alone in the Samsung is SOOOO much better although I accept that the connectivity isn't as good.

I've left the text above unedited this time so that you can maybe appreciate the long journey that I've been on. It was previously altered in favour of the seller after my initial scathing product review because I was impressed with the fact that A1CS contacted me directly to resolve this, so I was taken aback by the customer service. I persevered, but it did not pay off.

My advice ? Don't spend a lot of money on these chinese imports, steer well clear of this particular model and similar. At time of review this is still listed at around £180 and that is just way too much money for this. If it was reliable and worked, I would consider it reasonable value because when it did works it was pretty darned good. Just don't expect it to last any time or to keep working.

Other models appear to be more reliable, however; do try to read up on the most recent reviews because they tend to reflect the most recent product placements, simply click the 'most recent first' option. There seems to have been a few reliability issue recently.

Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2013 12:48 PM GMT

Creating the Perfect Lifestyle (Influenced by: Tony Robbins, Oprah Winfrey, Jesus, Jack Canfield, CS Lewis, Rick Warren, The Bible, Anthony Robbins, Oprah Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Great Book!, 8 Oct. 2012
I found "Creating The Perfect Lifestyle", a really great book! It is very good value for money and very easy to read and absorb the information.
I enjoyed Oli's book very much and felt inspired to finish my own children's picture book,"Scarlet Underpants Meets The Tooth Fairy", which is due for release October 31st 2012.
My advice, buy it. You will be happy you did and will probably find it will change your life!
Thanks