Profile for M. Conway > Reviews

Content by M. Conway

M. Conway (Newcastle, England)

Yoga for Osteoporosis: The Complete Guide
Yoga for Osteoporosis: The Complete Guide
by Loren Fishman

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and easy to understand, 11 Jun. 2013
As a yoga teacher in my 60's and recently diagnosed with osteopenia (as a result of earlier medical problems) I bought this book which I have found to be full of informative and useful information. It is easy to understand, describes the structure of bones, understanding DEXA scores etc. It provides guidance for the safe practice of yoga and I wish that I had bought this book before others I have as I would not have felt the need for another book.

Yoga For Better Bones
Yoga For Better Bones
by Margaret Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Yoga For Better Bones (Paperback)
I bought this book having been recently diagnosed with osteopenia. It taught me nothing that I did not already know and to be honest I was really disappointed with it. I have since bought another book re yoga for osteoporosis which is far superior.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2013 2:55 PM GMT

Kenwood CM024 kMix Coffee Maker - Peppercorn Black
Kenwood CM024 kMix Coffee Maker - Peppercorn Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it, 8 Feb. 2012
We have had two of these coffee machines and the machine is good as long as it is working! The first one started dripping liquid from the bottom of the jug handle after just a couple of weeks so we had to place a towel underneath to stop the liquid running all over the worktop. Just before the guarantee ran out the machine failed completely and the water we had placed in the tank immediately came running straight out of the bottom of the machine. We took it back to the retailers who replaced it. Exactly the same thing has happened with this new machine except it only lasted two months before all the water ran straight back out. There is very obviously a design flaw here. There are only two people in the house only one of whom drinks coffee so the machine was in no way overworked. In frustration I wrote to Kenwood to request a refund. They politely refused with an offer that they would repair it if I would like it repaired. No thank you, I have no faith in this product.

Revo HERITAGE Stylish Digital DAB FM Wi-Fi Internet Radio with iPod Dock
Revo HERITAGE Stylish Digital DAB FM Wi-Fi Internet Radio with iPod Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars A very welcome addition to our kitchen, 14 Jan. 2011
Although a little on the expensive side this Internet Radio with ipod dock is exactly what we had been looking for. The reception is just perfect, comes with a remote control and sound quality is excellent. I cannot find anything about this product that I do not like. It is stylish and looks good in our newly fitted kitchen. If you can cope with the price then I would recommend buying it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Tefal Pro Minute Plus GV8600 Steam Generator
Tefal Pro Minute Plus GV8600 Steam Generator

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, 14 Jan. 2011
I bought the Tefal Pro Minute for my own house. I had never used a steam generated iron before but I absolutely love it. My ironing is done in half the time and not having to continually fill a water resevoir is time saving in itself. This model uses tap water, has a locking device and can be carried to its cupboard space all in one. I liked this iron so much that I bought my son and daughter-in-law one and they both agree that it is an excellent product. I would definitely recommend it.

Love Is Space
Love Is Space
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars First Deva Premal CD but definitely not my last, 25 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Love Is Space (Audio CD)
I bought this CD not really knowing what to expect. I have bought so many similar CDs that I have listened to once or twice and are now demoted to the bottom shelf of my CD rack. This one, however, is different. I have listened to it over and over again and I love it. I cannot wait to order another one of Deva's CDs. One word of warning though - from my experience it is best listened to while relaxing at home or on your i-pod - not when you are driving as it makes you very switched off.

The Concise Human Body Book: An Illustrated Guide to Its Structure, Function and Disorders
by Dorling Kindersley

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, comprehensive and compact, 28 Oct. 2009
I purchased this book as it is a requirement for a course which I am due to commence and one of the subjects I have to study is anatomy and physiology. It is very easy to understand, very well illustrated and I have found members of my family absorbed in its pages. It would, in my opinion, be an excellent study aid for young people and those studying biology etc. My favourite book so far as to finding out just how the human body works.