Profile for Melissa > Reviews

Content by Melissa

Melissa (London, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Twenty-Four Edvard Munch's Paintings (Collection) for Kids
Twenty-Four Edvard Munch's Paintings (Collection) for Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, 10 Mar 2014
I've downloaded a bunch of these free books. It's a great way to get re-acquainted with artists. A nice way to spend a couple of minutes absorbed in art without access to the museum they are in.

Murder Express
Murder Express

1.0 out of 5 stars What on earth did I just read?, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Murder Express (Kindle Edition)
I read this book about 3 months ago and it has taken me that long to calm down enough to write a review.
Firstly, I always read reviews and would never buy one without it being a certified decent read. It must've been a free book, because if I paid for that load of codswallop, I will track down Mr Scott and demand a refund.

Slave Girl - I Was an Ordinary British Girl. I Was Kidnapped and Sold into Sex Slavery. This is My Horrific True Story

4.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing, 23 Jun 2013
I travel regularly and take risks that in hindsight aren't always smart. This book has opened my eyes a little as to the evils that could lurk right in front of you and not know it!
The book itself is enjoyable (not sure its right to describe a book like this in such a way). Highly recommended!

The Perfect Retreat
The Perfect Retreat

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok time waster, 7 April 2013
If you're after some predictable fluff to read, then this is your book. I read the first few pages and knew the ending. Very much a housewife book, but who doesn't like happy endings?

My James
My James

4.0 out of 5 stars Important reading, 3 April 2013
This review is from: My James (Kindle Edition)
While I did find this book very interesting in parts, I did find that the beginning was a little repetitive. I've no doubt that what Ralph went through was horrific, and I would never want to be in his shoes. But I felt that at times he forgot that he had been given another 4 other gifts (babies) and seemed like none of them could live up to the perfect vision he had built up of James. Though I'm sure James was a little angel in the short time he spent with him.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2013 9:34 PM BST

The Love of My Life
The Love of My Life

4.0 out of 5 stars The love of my life, 31 Mar 2013
A realistic love story without the bull. A very enjoyable story. I loved how each story was told separately and then joined together.

Little Book of the London Underground
Little Book of the London Underground

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 13 Mar 2013
All the information you didn't know that you wanted to know about the tube and more! So many interesting facts to bore your friends with!

Faint Echoes of Laughter
Faint Echoes of Laughter

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad story, 13 Mar 2013
I read both books in two days. Couldn't put them down. This focuses on Stacey's life from her teenage years onward.

Empty Chairs
Empty Chairs

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this in a day, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: Empty Chairs (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put it down. Had to buy the sequel to find out what happened to Stacey as this book finishes while she is still quite young. Highly recommend

Did You Hear Me Crying? (The Heartbreaking True Story of a Child Abused) - Child Abuse True Stories

4.0 out of 5 stars Moving story, 24 Feb 2013
I read this book in a day. The story was well written and fast paced. I sympathized with the writer until towards the end, when I couldn't believe she kept believing Damian's lies. That got a bit frustrating, just hearing the same excuses over and over again. In the end, it was still a good book!

Page: 1 | 2