Profile for Mr. R. D. Collins > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. D. Collins

Mr. R. D. Collins "cyclo-path" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Intel 3rd Generation Core i7-3770K CPU (4 x 3.50GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 8Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Quad..., 22 Dec. 2013
I've overclocked this inside a Hackintosh (Hac Pro video editing machine) to 4.5GhZ. It runs around 30c with a third party installed fan and heatsink. Under full load (rendering and encoding full HD video) it just about touches 60c, which I'm more than happy with!

If you're interested in getting the last drop of power from your CPU, go unlocked!

Corsair TX750V2 Enthusiast Series 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU
Corsair TX750V2 Enthusiast Series 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU

3.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality but..., 22 Dec. 2013
This PSU is designed so that the fan spins up only when needed. Unfortunately, when it is needed, the fan sounds pretty crappy! I was disappointed to hear it for the first time, and even now I cringe when it spins up. It sounds like a creaky old door!

Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 Graphics Card(2GB GDDR5, PCI-E)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 Graphics Card(2GB GDDR5, PCI-E)

5.0 out of 5 stars Work: CUDA Play: Games!, 22 Dec. 2013
I bought this card to fit inside a Hackintosh I was building for video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. I can attest that this is a very powerful card, certainly not the most powerful, but it allows real time effects previewing and colour correction using Premiere thanks to CUDA technology.

I'm not a serious gamer, but I can play all games at highest settings in 1080p, but my screen is 1200 so I have to drop slightly for higher frame rates.

Really happy with this card.

TP-LINK TL-SG1005D 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch
TP-LINK TL-SG1005D 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Install and forget it!, 22 Dec. 2013
I love this product as it just works! It's easy to install and requires no configuring. This was purchased to provide an additional 4 ports to my studio, as you lose one port due to connection from the modem.

Works flawlessly, and gives me no drop in performance.

7dayshop Multi Use Memory Card Case for SD / SDHC / SDXC / microSD / microSDHC / microSDXC / Compact Flash etc. - Black
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality case for your precious media., 22 Dec. 2013
Bought this to carry my extensive collection of CF and SD cards. It's made of a durable plastic outer, and has a solid rubber insert. The cards feel safe and I can rest assure that my media is protected.

Kaavie Dual Nuts with 1/4" Tripod Screw Adapter for Flash Trigger, Flash Stand, Microphone, GPS
Offered by UK Highland Photography

4.0 out of 5 stars Not much to say, It works!, 22 Dec. 2013
Handy little product. I purchased this to use an Atomos Ninja 2 with a Canon C100. Quality is better than expected'

Silverline CB40 Adjustable Basin Wrench 280mm
Silverline CB40 Adjustable Basin Wrench 280mm

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality matches price., 22 Dec. 2013
It's a decent product for the price. It is quite rough around the edges, and stiff to use. I've had one or two accidents, due to the awkward nature of where the product is used, and the fact that it's not of the highest quality. But, I got what I paid for. Would recommend.

30M Ethernet Cable / 5E Network Lead / White / RJ45 Plugs / CCA / 30 Metres (BY CABLES 4 ALL)
Offered by Cables 4 ALL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price., 22 Dec. 2013
Purchased to created a secure wired connection in my editing studio. Colour is as advertised which blends in nicely with my white walls and skirting board. No quality issues whatsoever so I'm a happy customer.

Polycell No Sanding Polyfilla 200ml
Polycell No Sanding Polyfilla 200ml
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite..., 22 Dec. 2013
Good quality product, although it's not quite 'sanding free'. Nonetheless It's a high quality result and I will use again.

Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable but this is my second unit!, 22 Dec. 2013
It's a great mouse, incredibly precise and adjustable, with weights to configure as per your required feel.

My first unit died after only a few months of moderate use. Amazon replaced it quickly.

Page: 1 | 2