Profile for LorenzoDM > Reviews

Content by LorenzoDM

LorenzoDM

Ocean Circus 3D (Region Free) (Blu-ray 3D + Blu Ray)
Ocean Circus 3D (Region Free) (Blu-ray 3D + Blu Ray)
Dvd ~ Oliver Schindler

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun for a first time 3D Blu-Ray buy, but bad documentary, 19 Aug. 2012
Unfortunately if you are expecting a high quality National-Geographic style documentary, this is not for you.

Filming seems mostly amateur and many scenes and commentary are poor in quality.

Use of 3D is fun if it's the first you are watching but don't expect much more than that.

Kingdom of Plants in 3D (Blu-ray 3D)
Kingdom of Plants in 3D (Blu-ray 3D)
Dvd ~ David Attenborough
Offered by The Canny Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning images and 3D graphics, fantastic documentary, 19 Aug. 2012
David Attenborough is fantastic as always and if you have a 3D screen and want to experience a next generation documentary, this is the one.

The pictures are absolutely beautiful and stunning and so are the 3D effects. Also the content was very enticing, I can't wait for another David Attenborough 3D documentary.

Highly recommended!

Olympus Tough TG-1 Rugged Digital Compact Camera - Silver (12MP, 4x Wide Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch OLED

2.0 out of 5 stars Much potential but unfortunately disappointing, 19 Aug. 2012
I bought this camera for the experience Olympus has in making "Tough" cameras and for the good specifications compared to competitor models.

Initially I was impressed with the solid build, the waterproof seals and the picture quality. I took it on holiday to the beach to take underwater pictures but not only. I was very impressed of the first few photos and videos. Though if you swim with the TG-1 with it facing down (as you might when recording underwater videos), the video sound records a lot of noise like wind (not a good idea to have the microphone on the top of the body).

The second problem I had with the build is that though this camera is supposed to be Tough, it took the slightest knock to make scratches and marks on the body. No doubt the camera resists these, but I literally had just bought it! Even my normal little compacts resisted better than that.

Thirdly the GPS took a long time to locate its position (about 4 minutes). The tracker option is recommended though this does drain the battery when on.

And lastly, the reason which made me return the camera back to Amazon: after a few days of occasional underwater use at the beach, after really thoroughly rinsing the salt off and drying the camera overnight, the camera developed a fault. It would form condensation on the lense and on the screen making it impossible to take photos anymore for 10 minutes. This happened everytime the camera was submerged underwater. The water and air temperatures were undoubtedly quite different which was probably a cause, but this camera is supposed to resist -10 C. I think the mediterranean sea is nowhere near that temperature!
I don't know whether other models would do the same or if this one is defective, either way I returned it to Amazon, as when I wanted it the most on my holiday it was steamed up and useless...

I was quite disappointed after reading good revues and after definitely experiencing the good quality of the pictures of this camera. Perhaps next time I will try another brand.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2013 10:58 AM BST