Profile for J_Pugh > Reviews

Artemis Fowl
Artemis Fowl
by Eoin Colfer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant, but far from awful, 28 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Artemis Fowl (Hardcover)
The first time I tried to read this book, I failed miserably. The characters beat me, the plot was a mystery in my mind and I just couldn't get going.

I tried again a few weeks ago, and this time i succeeded. The book was quite strange in a way really, and when the writer first took us to the elves world underground, I had to read his descriptions a few times before I actually realised where they lived. Once that was cleared up, I motored on well. The description and words the writer used I marvelled at, and the ending was clever too.

All in all, a book I would read again, but only if I had nothing else to read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2008 8:34 AM BST

The End (A Series of Unfortunate Events)
The End (A Series of Unfortunate Events)
by Lemony Snicket

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Ending To The Series, 28 Feb. 2008
I had bought the first ten, and had the last 3 for christmas. I finished the three in about 2 weeks. The series had me gripped from the start, from the weird disguises of Count Olaf to the pointless descriptions and totally off the point paragraphs written by the extremely talented Lemony Snicket. An excellent series that I would recommend to anyone and everyone.

Raven's Gate (The Power of Five)
Raven's Gate (The Power of Five)
by Anthony Horowitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Briiliant Book, 28 Feb. 2008
This book, and the others in the series, are absolutley brilliant. I had read the Alex Rider series, which I was gripped to. The vivid description and empathy shows just how clever a writer Anthony Horowitz is.