Profile for Phil > Reviews

Content by Phil

Phil

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Canon PIXMA MG3550 All in one printer - Black (Print, Scan, Copy, Wifi and Air Print)
Offered by Inkubus Bargains
Price: 54.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Money, 2 Jun 2014
Purchased this printer to replace a new Canon MG2450 printer/ scanner, which turned out to be a load of rubbish and wasted us 30 odd, especially since the supplier was less than helpful when it came to attempting to return the item! The supplier was NOT handely2k, who supplied the MG3550, and who showed great care in making sure we received the MG3550 in good time and in good order - full marks handley2k!!!

So far the MG3550 is performing excellently, although it is early days yet, just as one would expect of a Canon printer - we have several other different models and they are all brilliant. Just one word of warning though - judging from our experience don't attempt to buy too cheap it will cost you more in the long run!

STREETWIZE - SWWB22 - SINGLE WIPER BLADE-22 with Safety Guide
STREETWIZE - SWWB22 - SINGLE WIPER BLADE-22 with Safety Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars They Realy Work!, 5 April 2014
Thought I would try theses nice cheap blades to replace expensive ones that juddered. Brilliant no judder - wonderful! Thanks.

StarTech 2 Port PCI RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16550 UART
StarTech 2 Port PCI RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16550 UART
Price: 18.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Bit Of Kit, 5 April 2014
Excellent product. Does low profile computers too. Works without hassle. Brilliant! Thank you StarTech.com Will recommend and buy again. Thanks!

Casio MQ-24-7BLL Mens Analogue Resin Strap watch
Casio MQ-24-7BLL Mens Analogue Resin Strap watch
Price: 5.79

5.0 out of 5 stars I'TS A CASIO WATCH - SAY NO MORE!, 25 Nov 2013
Well I will say more! This is the second Casio watch I've owned and it's excellent value for money - so go ahead and treat yourself - you won't be sorry! It's nice and thin, nice and light - both in looks and weight, and it works - what more do you want from a very cheap watch. Only one word of warning to those who have thick wrists - the strap is a little short - it can be changed by the look of it but you may decide to spend a little more and buy a watch with a slightly longer strap - difficult on line, of course - now there's an idea for on line retailers of watches - how about quoting the length of the strap in your specifications?

Jesus Teaches on the Mountain: Sermon on the Mount Children Sunday School Lessons
by Rev. Stephen R. Wilson
Price: 2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Can Be Deceiving, 21 Oct 2013
We purchased this book on speck for a very good customer who knows just what she wants. We were very impressed with the book although the cover is somewhat "traditional". Even I felt I could use this book to attempt to teach young folk something about the Sermon on the Mount (and kids scare me to death!). If your looking for a good resource to assist in teaching children on the Sermon on the Mount look no further - this little book is excellent! Even more so because there is so little material available for children on this subject - whether you call it The Sermon on the Mount or The Beatitudes.

Needless to say our customer is delighted with this book too!!!

NIV Thinline Bible
NIV Thinline Bible
by Zondervan
Edition: Leather Bound

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware Of This Sellers Descriptions, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: NIV Thinline Bible (Leather Bound)
This Bible was advertised on Amazon as "very good " condition. Sadly it was not! Judge for yourself. The Bible had the previous owners name embossed on the front cover, and most pages had notes in hand writing in the margins and on the fly leafs. Is that a Bible that should be described as being in very good condition? We think not! Buyer beware!

As a seller on Amazon too we take great pains to ensure that our description of a books condition is accurate. Sellers who fail to live up to this standard have an adverse affect on all of us - utmost trust and reliability is vital when selling on line, whether direct or via a third party like Amazon!

One thing in the sellers favour. They authorised the credit via Amazon immediately - thank you very much.

Replacement Extra Long 16mm Spindle Shaft Quartz Clock ticking movement motor mechanism + battery (for clock faces up to 14mm thickness)
Offered by Vinyl Guru
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Going!, 28 Aug 2013
Needed a clock movement to replace the one in one of those terracotta clock faces that all the garden centres seem to sell. The spindle needed to be quite long for the clock hands to clear the fancy bits on the clock face so go for a long spindle - longer than you would think you may need. This one did the job a treat, and has been outside on a north facing wall of the house for some time now - and it still works, and to perfect time too!

CrazyOnDigital Premium Purple TPU Skin Case for HTC WildFire A3333.
CrazyOnDigital Premium Purple TPU Skin Case for HTC WildFire A3333.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!!!, 28 Aug 2013
Don't waist your time ordering one of these for your HTC Wildefire A3333 - it wont fit and may upset you phone like it did my wife's - we had to remove the battery from the phone and after replacing it it did work again - phew!!! Suggest you look at the FLASH SUPERSTORE HTC WILDFIRE LUXURY PU LEATHER FLIP CASE/COVER/POUCH PURPLE / TAN AND LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR
by FLASH SUPERSTORE - This one fitted the phone perfectly, works a treat (at least the wife's not complaining this time), and looks the part, and it also protects the screen from damage - very important!

Duracell Electronics 357/303 1.5 V Silver Oxide Button Cell Batteries - 2-Pack
Duracell Electronics 357/303 1.5 V Silver Oxide Button Cell Batteries - 2-Pack
Offered by ECOTRONICS
Price: 1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Be Suprised If No Good, 28 Aug 2013
I ALWAYS use Duracell batteries by choice since they seldom let me down. These were purchased for stock to replace one I placed in a very old travelling alarm clock, and this battery had been in my battery box for several years, and it works fine!

Robert Chapman: A Biography
Robert Chapman: A Biography
by Robert L. Peterson
Price: 8.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Christian Should Read this Book!, 20 Aug 2013
I must confess I have a special interest in this book since I live in North Devon, and many of the people names and place names are known to me. However, having said that, I am more than delighted that I came across a good review for the book in one of our Christian news papers, and although I don't read many books apart from the Bible I knew I had to read this one.

Very few people will have heard of Robert Chapman and that is the way he would have liked it. But, back in the eighteen hundreds he was very well known throughout the world - not just because he was clever, a good administrator, or even a good pastor and man of God - but because he was a man of Christ like love. He is even called "The Apostle of Love"! I wish I could have known him personally, although thanks to Robert L Peterson, and his pain taking research I almost feel as though I have met Rev Chapman.

Having read the book once, and I know I will be reading it again sometime, I put it down reluctantly and asked our gracious Father to place upon me that mantle of love. Oh to have the love and patience that Robert Chapman had! Yes, one can learn to love but Robert's Christ like love is a very special gift from our loving God who is after all the author of love.

Most certainly I believe every Christian should read this book. If all of us who profess to be born again in our spirits thanks to the redeeming blood of Jesus could show just a little of this kind of love to our fellow beings, especially our brothers and sisters in Christ, then the Church of Jesus would most certainly be a force to be reckoned with!

Read this book and see if you don't agree with me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3