Profile for Jackie Gibbins > Reviews

100ml Lavender Essential Oil
Offered by FRESHSKIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money., 7 Aug 2014
This review is from: 100ml Lavender Essential Oil
A lovely fresh lavender. And a big bottle too. This will last for ages.

Uni PC-3M Posca Paint Pen White
Uni PC-3M Posca Paint Pen White
Offered by OMGHOWCHEAP LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the job., 7 Aug 2014
V pleased with this pen. I wanted it to write on my kitchen storage jars. Perfect. And washes off with hot soapy water.

The Greatest Knight: The Story of William Marshal
The Greatest Knight: The Story of William Marshal

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent storytelling!, 17 May 2014
Have only just discovered Elizabeth Chadwick, and am thoroughly enjoying her writing. I picked up To Defy a King in a charity shop and enjoyed it so much I wanted to read the rest of the William Marshall series. Brilliant writing.

Revelation (The Shardlake Series)
Revelation (The Shardlake Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly good yarn !, 2 Feb 2014
I love the Shardlake series, and this was a really good adventure. It kept me unsure of the culprit until the 'Revelation' itself!
Very highly recommended.

Weber's Complete Barbecue Book: Step-by-step advice and over 150 delicious barbecue recipes
by Jamie Purviance

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful., 29 Aug 2013
Very instructive book. Not only does it have a wealth of recipes, but the how to of barbecuing section is very detailed, easy to understand and worth buying the book for.

The recipes are divided into different sections, chicken, beef, vegetables etc. We've tried several recipes so far and have been delighted with the results. At the back of the book is probably the section I use the most. Rubs, marinades and sauces. These are really good. Quick, and just as good cooked indoors on the grill or in the oven. It is of course American, but easily adapted for the UK.

Great book.

Real Fast Puddings
Real Fast Puddings
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars How I love this book!, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Real Fast Puddings (Paperback)
I have most of Nigel Slater's books but had overlooked this one for some time, thinking it wouldn't really be useful for us. We tend to only have pudding on Sundays.

I also thought that it would probably be fruit heavy, by virtue of the 'fast' aspect. And yes, there are a lot of fruit based puddings, but so many sound so delicious I know I will be trying them out. There are also crumbles, pies, puddings and chocolate recipes.

I think this is a really useful little book to have. And, no, there aren't photographs. But quite frankly you don't need them. They aren't the sort of dishes that need pictures. This is homestyle cooking.

Easy entertaining with Jane Asher
Easy entertaining with Jane Asher
by Jane ASHER

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good ideas., 29 Aug 2013
I bought this book years ago but recycled it a while back when de cluttering. Searching for a recipe online I came across this, and ordered a copy on Marketplace.

Rereading all these years later I was surprised how many good ideas there are. Not just the recipe section but the ideas for table settings and decorating ideas for parties etc.

And I recommend the curried prawn roulade. It's earmarked for this years Boxing Day tea!

T&G CrushGrind Spice Mill, Black, 125 mm
T&G CrushGrind Spice Mill, Black, 125 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 29 Aug 2013
I bought one of these mills for grinding peppercorns, and was so impressed I then ordered a second for sea salt.
My son and his fiancée are staying with us while waiting to move into their new house, and my son has already requested a pair for a housewarming gift.

Very well made. Sturdy grinder, and easily adjustable to alter the size of the grind.

The Kite Runner
The Kite Runner

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent storyteller., 1 July 2013
This review is from: The Kite Runner (Kindle Edition)
I'm still only two thirds of the way through this book, but I already know that I will be downloading his next book as soon as I have finished. It's a fascinating insight into the lives of those whose world has become entwined with ours. It's touching, absorbing, and a really good read.

A Thousand Splendid Suns
A Thousand Splendid Suns

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing read, 16 Jun 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's a very different world from the books I normally read. Have now started The Kite Runner, by the same author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4