54 of 55 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
a perfect rabbit hutch, 20 Mar 2012
Why I chose this hutch:
- My rabbits are very bouncy, curious, and prefer to interact with people and see what's going on rather than to be shut away.
- This hutch has a big play area
- The sleeping area is small and cosy (which rabbits prefer) with a lift-up roof so it's easy to clean (which I prefer!!)
- There is an indoor play area for when it's raining
- It's fox proof (when the wooden shutter is closed for the night)
- There are lots of access points for cleaning, including the big gate at the front, which means you can go in with a broom whenever the rabbits have decided to do a bit of re-decorating.
- The rabbits like to climb up on boxes and wooden frames, and I thought that this had the necessary height in the play area to enable them to do that (unlike most other rabbit hutches).
I didn't choose this based on the price (my limit was £250): rather, I decided that even though this may not have been the most beautiful hutch, it was the only one available that ticked all the right criteria.
I definitely made the right choice. The size of the nesting box is perfect for rabbits, as it's really snuggly and warm. They spend all day outside, so this hutch gets the outdoor-indoor balance perfect in my opinion. I didn't find the assembly instructions very helpful, so it took me a whole afternoon to put it together, but once it was done I was pleased with how sturdy it was, and it seemed like a small price to pay considering how well it suited the rabbits.
About the size:
As everyone else is saying, the picture makes it look huge, but it isn't. Definitely get the tape-measure out to check before you buy!! It's big, but not enormous. I am 5ft2" and can easily lift the lid and look in (although I can also easily fit through the door and get inside). I have two rabbits in there, and I think that's the max in terms of the play area space. However, as the bedroom would be big enough for three or four rabbits, it would be easy to extend the play area if necessary.