Profile for Blancofied > Reviews

Content by Blancofied

Blancofied "Maurice" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Newtons Foot Therapy Chiropody Sponge
Newtons Foot Therapy Chiropody Sponge
Price: 2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't expecting it to be this strong!, 24 May 2014
Wowza! This thing is really powerful.

Upon receiving this through the mail, I thought this was just going to be another shenanigan item that's advertised as being effective but does the complete opposite. The reviews on here changed my mind though and when I started using it, I was very surprised.

I had a callus on my big toe which really annoyed the living daylights outta me since it was causing discomfort. I used the Newtons Sponge and started scrubbing -- note that you don't want to scrub too much because this thing is STRONG, as in... you scrub too much and you might start peeling off too many layers of skin.

One time I scrubbed too hard and there was a lot of redness around my toe, but the callus was gone. From then on, I started using this item maybe twice a week and creamed my feet every night.

No problems since and I'm callus free!

Try it!

Rozana Basmati Rice (10 kg)
Rozana Basmati Rice (10 kg)
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars University students, you can't go wrong with this, 24 May 2014
This is my fourth and final order for this University year, having thoroughly enjoyed eating plenty and plenty of rice these last few months (and gaining a couple of pounds on the way) haha.

Please don't judge, I did share the rice with some of my starving roommates who weren't aware you could buy rice from Amazon.
Anyway, when it comes to the rice, it tastes just as good as anywhere else. I use a rice cooker, and as soon as I pop the rice into the cooker and turn it on, within minutes my entire room smells of Basmati rice -- it has a strong scent, which can also be tasted when you eat it, but it's lovely.

The rice tastes good -- it's not chewy, just perfect Basmati rice. What else can you ask for?

Seagate STBV2000200 2TB Expansion USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Seagate STBV2000200 2TB Expansion USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Price: 57.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, reliable and great for a lot of storage, 24 May 2014
So I initially though this was an external hard drive that you can carry around -- but as the item came I realized it's actually one with a plug so it needs to be plugged at all times to use it... which was fine to me, no big deal. I probably missed that bit on the description.

Needless to say that I bought this item to store all of my MacBook Pro folders and documents on it as I geared up to change my hard drive inside the laptop to an SSD. I had about 400GB worth of stuff on my laptop -- the transfer took around 1hr15mins which I found pretty impressive, considering the large file size.

I did notice that when I moved filed separately, as in 5GB movie files, they'd transfer over within 30 seconds, so I believe that when you drag stuff over in bulk, there'll be a slight delay in the duration which may take an extra 15 minutes to complete. Still no big deal, right?

The hard drive is quite thick, I must say. It's half the size of a Harry Potter book in height, and we all know how big those Harry Potter books are -- but then again there's a lot of storage on here. Note that since it's a plug-in hard drive and not a portable one, the fact that it's quite big shouldn't be a worry seeing that it'll only stay in one place.

In conclusion I'm totally happy with it. It's fast, reliable and I still have so much space on it. I'd definitely recommend anyone interested in buying it, not to hesitate.

Tilda Everyday Basmati Rice 4 kg
Tilda Everyday Basmati Rice 4 kg
Price: 12.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Uni student, 14 April 2014
Really like this rice.
Tastes really good and the scent in rather strong too. The same as you would get from the normal Basmati Rice.
Nice size which lasted me a long time in University and will definitely get another one or two for the next term.

Kenwood SB056 Smoothie 2GO Black
Kenwood SB056 Smoothie 2GO Black
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for six months, then it spoils., 7 Dec 2013
Great while it lasted, I'll give you that.

The product was great at first, it crushed ice perfectly and really blended all the fruits and vegetables that I was putting in my smoothies. A few months later and the motor became very loud and it started to turn rusty which surprised me. Almost like when you buy a fake silver watch and then it suddenly loses its colour and turns rusty -- not that I buy fake watches. Heheeh :)

Perhaps it was just my product that made the motor break after six months or perhaps it just couldn't handle the ice after time, either way it's a great product... just died out quickly.

Dead Sea Spa Magik Dead Sea Bath Salts 1kg/35oz
Dead Sea Spa Magik Dead Sea Bath Salts 1kg/35oz
Offered by Shop For Spa
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for skin disorders and scars, 7 Dec 2013
Second time buying this item, it's awesome and does the job.

Firstly, I've suffered from dermatitis my entire life -- it comes and goes which is the annoying part. So I had been hearing so many good things about this that I decided to buy it.

It took a couple of days before I noticed a clear difference; my dermatitis was almost completely gone and my scars had faded immensely... I was shocked. I continued using this product two for times and my dermatitis was all gone at this point while my scars had also improved by 60%.

I can not stress this item enough; if you're looking for something that will benefit your skin in more ways than one and perhaps you suffer from a skin disorder, I'd highly recommend this for you to use. It's great and has made my skin so much more happier in terms of how it looks -- no more dermatitis, it's all under control now :)

Film Art: An Introduction
Film Art: An Introduction
by David Bordwell
Price: 44.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel like a semi-Steven Spielberg after reading this book, 7 Dec 2013
Okay so I started University back in September and I'm studying Film. My seminar teacher was very vocal about students getting this book as opposed to borrowing it from the library seeing that it won't always be available.

I ended up buying the book despite the high cost of 40 pounds -- do I regret it? Absolutely not!

The book is quite thick and is packed with all the topics you are going to be covering in your Film course, assuming you are using this for your course. Even if you're buying this for another reason, the book is filled with information from mise-en-scene, cinematography, film form, lots and lots and lots of examples with screenshots and images from films such as Avatar that explains how CGI works in those films to motion capture and so much more.

It even recommends you which films to watch in every topic you read. So if I was looking at lighting, it would recommend me to watch a specific film and shows me images that explain the topic more to the knowledge of understanding. I absolutely love this book!

It has helped me so much to engage with students during seminars and talk with my seminar leader about things I'm curious to talk about. Yes, the book is expensive but it's AH-mazing! I absolutely love it and seeing that my course is three years long, it's going to benefit me and shape me to become the film director I'm aspiring to become. :)

Sidenote: In this book, you'll also learn more about directors, actors, settings, shooting a movie, behind the scenes of how stuff comes together like Lord of the Rings and their incredible use of computer generated motion techniques, etc. I can't praise this book enough.

Hope my review will convince at least somebody out there that you get what you pay for. :)

Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash 150 ml
Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash 150 ml
Price: 2.66

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Simple Spotless Skin' -- Miracle product!, 28 Nov 2013
What the BLOODY hell? Seriously, I pretty much gave up on acne products a long time ago, thinking that I'd have to live with acne for the rest of my life. Short story on my background; I've had acne since the age of 12 - from red spots to blemishes all over my face. I refused to look in the mirror some days because my skin was so aggravated.
I'm eighteen now and I no longer get red spots but just underneath the skin acne and a lot of blackheads on my forehead. So I started reading these reviews on here and I remember this product being advertised on YouTube so I was intrigued to try these products, after all, they were cheap as hell. Then again cheap usually means crappy quality... at least so I thought.
I got this product over a week ago and used it as soon as I unpackaged it. I use this twice a day and it's just amazing. It's really cleared up my skin to a point where I took a photo of myself with flash (flash shows all the imperfections on your face, haha). My cheeks are clear of spots almost entirely and I've noticed a better improvement on my forehead. So incredible!!
I'll forever be grateful for this company! Who would've thought, right? All that expensive crap on shelves in stores just a waste of money when something like this which costs no more than 3 quid does the job so perfectly!
I'm aware that we all have different kinds of skin types and this may not work for you, but trust me when I tell you my skin was HORRIBLE... I doubt your skin was worse than mine, and I'd highly suggest you'd give this a go.
I'm so happy with this face wash that I've also started using the blackhead scrub, the toner, moisturizers, etc.
Give this a go!

Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)
Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you kidding me right now? BARGAIN!!, 28 Nov 2013
Jesus! These are awesome; the bass control on the right side and the volume control on the left really come handy with this item. I saw a few speakers on Amazon which didn't have the bass control which is annoying because I'm always changing the amount of bass I want in the sound. So that's one positive right there.
The speakers look tiny on the Amazon photos but they are actually quite large - I'd say as big as a size 10 foot. Haha, no seriously. To me, I love the size and it's not big to the point that it's clucking up space. It's as big as tall as an air freshener bottle.
Now the sound is really fantastic. It's beautifully clear; I was pleasantly surprised by how good they sounded -- I really don't see why people spend so much money on expensive speakers, these are pretty much the same. I'm seriously not kidding. The sound is so clear, it's like listening to the audio in a recording studio. I love it.
If you're on a budget or if you've got millions stored in your bank, get these!!! You won't regret it, I promise.

Acer S240HLBID 24-inch Monitor 16:9 FHD LED 5 ms 100M:1 A DVI w/HDCP HDMI Acer EcoDisplay
Price: 119.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear HD screen -- absolutely stunning., 28 Nov 2013
I'm a first year undergraduate student and the school had been bugging me about not being allowed to have televisions in your room unless you want to buy license fee, yada yada yada.
So I looked on Amazon for a monitor that would be just as good as a television; displays HD content and is fairly large.
This screen is BEAUTIFUL and STUNNING and THIN! For the price, you'd be an idiot not to buy it -- it's just awesome and really just does the job perfectly.
I was pleasantly surprised by how thin the monitor was; I was so careful with it because I had never had anything like this before but the additional stand that's supplied holds the monitor firmly in place -- no worries over on this end.
I use this for my Macbook as an external display and to play XBOX 360 games. The first game I tried was GTA 5 and the graphics were crystal clear, thanks to the HDMI port on the back of the monitor. It's such a beauty and I really enjoy using it.
Only downside to all of it is that there's no speaker -- which I knew before I bought I thought I'd just mention it. There's no input, output for sound either which is a little bummer too. I currently just use a cable to mirror displays from Mac to this monitor and use the sound from my laptop or attach another pair of speakers.
Overall, great monitor -- very clear screen and very thin.

JUST TO POINT OUT IF YOU DO BUY THIS... a lot of people were saying they had trouble finding the power on button on this monitor. I was searching for it too for at least ten minutes. Haha! It's right underneath the Acer logo; the transparent bar just needs to be pushed up once and it'll light up. You welcome. ;)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4