Profile for H. Ahmed > Reviews

Luther Season 3
Luther Season 3
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite out of the three, but still closely in line with what the show is all about., 27 Mar 2014
For some reason, I didn't find myself as drawn in to season 3 as I was with the first 2 seasons. However, Idris Elba still delivered as usual and the show has stayed true to it's premise. Would still definitely recommend.

Victorinox Swiss Army AirBoss Automatic Black Dial Mens Watch 241507
Victorinox Swiss Army AirBoss Automatic Black Dial Mens Watch 241507
Offered by BrandsOnTop
Price: £1,111.00

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, looks great., 22 Feb 2014
I was looking for a watch for a while, after browsing many forums for weeks I came across this and fell in love. The photos on here don't do this watch justice, look for some else where and you'll see the marvel of this watch up close, where you can see the watch face in its true glory.

This is the first high quality watch I've bought, and you really feel the difference in quality when this is on your wrist compared to some cheaper brands. The leather is soft, but I did change the strap in favour of a black leather one. The face is clean and easy to read, the lume is quite bright so you can easily read the time in the dark.

I paid roughly £540 for this, which I feel was well worth my money. If this watch is on here again for a similar price, don't hesitate, take the plunge, you won't regret it.

G10 NATO MOD NYLON WATCH STRAP, Choice of Styles & Sizes (HARLEY, 20mm)
G10 NATO MOD NYLON WATCH STRAP, Choice of Styles & Sizes (HARLEY, 20mm)
Offered by Monkey Swag

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality strap, definitely not "Premium quality", 22 Feb 2014
I'm not one for leaving reviews for items, but I'm concerned with only 2 reviews and both rating it 5 stars, others may also buy this strap expecting better quality than what it actually is.

There's 3 main gripes with the product, but before that I'll say they do look nice, and they work, in so far as they keep a watch on your wrist.

Now the bad:
Firstly the nylon is quite hard, if you have tried a nato strap from other places, the nylon is softer, and therefore more comfortable to wear.
The clips are made of what feels like plastic, not even stainless steel.
The biggest problem however is the stitching, there is stitching on the inside of the strap which is very hard, it physically digs in and scratches your wrist when it's worn, which makes it extremely uncomfortable. I'm not sure who thought putting hard stitching on the inside of the strap would be a good idea, but it truly is horribly uncomfortable.

Normally I would ignore that and say "Oh, you get what you pay for", but for £10 there are FAR better quality Nato straps to buy. The only reason I gave this 2 stars is because it was delivered quickly, and people normally assume 1 star ratings are ranting about the item, instead of having genuine concerns of the items quality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2014 10:38 AM BST

The Walking Dead, Vol. 3: Safety Behind Bars
The Walking Dead, Vol. 3: Safety Behind Bars

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant comic., 12 July 2013
I was a bit sceptical at first, having watched the series first and not being able to mentally detach from the characters in the show. But after volume 2, followed by this volume, I'm completely sold. I will be swiftly purchasing the next few volumes. I also welcome the differences between the comics and the series and find it incredibly interesting to ponder over the little details that were incorporated in to the series. Definitely a must read.

The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye
The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye

4.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 29 Jun 2013
The series draws you in and really allows you to experience the trivialities that the characters experience. It does a good job of being realistic, rather than slapping on copious amounts of blood and gore.

Brainwavz Zirconia Headphone Stand - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes
Brainwavz Zirconia Headphone Stand - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes
Offered by MP4 Nation

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as shown in the picture, 27 Jun 2013
I can't really fault this product. It was bought as a present for someone else and they seem to like it. Looks very nice and minimal. So yeah. Pretty much as shown in the picture and it does what it aims to do.

Chilli Chocolate. South Devon Chilli Farm 'Hot Six'
Chilli Chocolate. South Devon Chilli Farm 'Hot Six'
Offered by South Devon Chilli Farm

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good flavours, 27 Jun 2013
The chocolate was really well flavoured. I especially liked the coffee/ chilli chocolate. Very good variety of different flavours and it arrived sooner than I thought it would. The only thing that I would say is that it would be nice if there was a milk chocolate range of chilli chocolates. I'm not the biggest fan of dark chocolate but then again, this was bought as a gift. Nonetheless, I would definitely buy it for anybody else who likes dark chocolate and spicy foods. I would purchase it for myself it there was a milk, chilli chocolate selection, too.

Kigurumi Onesie - Black Dragon (Large - for people up to 190cm tall)
Kigurumi Onesie - Black Dragon (Large - for people up to 190cm tall)
Offered by Ekidna UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as it appears., 2 Jun 2013
This onesie was pretty much as it appears in the pictures. Bought it for someone as a Christmas present and they loved it. Great colour combination and the wings at the back are a really nice touch. The ears at the top do sort of look like a baby moose's antlers, however.

Super9COS My Neighbor Totoro Kigurumi Pajamas Adult Anime Cosplay Halloween Costume ,size M (64"-68")
Offered by East Link

4.0 out of 5 stars Like being wrapped in a cloud full of sheep., 2 Jun 2013
If you want to feel like you're being hugged by a pack of sheep then this is what you need to purchase. The material was the softest thing I'd ever felt. Awesome buy. The only thing that I wasn't massively keen on was the elastic-y cuffs at the bottom of the legs and at the end of the sleeves. That and the fact that the crotch of the onesie is ridiculously low. Other than those two things, which I was definitely able to look past, this is a must.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2013 1:29 PM BST

Ladies PU Collar Chain Button Chiffon Blouse (14, Wine)
Ladies PU Collar Chain Button Chiffon Blouse (14, Wine)

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible material, 2 Jun 2013
Although I did love the style of this top, I guess it's to be expected that a product may not appear how it does in the picture after you purchase it online- I was thoroughly disappointed when I pulled the top out of the package. I knew straight away that I didn't like the material. If it weren't for the fact that I had accidentally made a cut in the top while trying to cut through the impossible packaging, I would have returned it. Obviously because the top was damaged by my own doing, I was not able to do this. The skull chain also looked rather tacky and was made from some sort of plastic that had just been painted gold. So yeah, the general appearance of this top looked a lot cheaper than I thought it would have. Then again, I suppose the price is going to match the quality.

Page: 1 | 2