Profile for Henry M. Murphy > Reviews

Content by Henry M. Murphy

Henry M. Murphy (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Uniross Smart Charger + 4 x AA 2700mAh Performance Batteries
Uniross Smart Charger + 4 x AA 2700mAh Performance Batteries

4.0 out of 5 stars Batteries good, charger ok, 2 Feb. 2014
I love these batteries but the charger is very basic and is limited to charging either 2 or 4 batteries at a time. You only get a red light or a green light when charged. It's basic, but does the job.

Nikon SB-800 Speedlight
Nikon SB-800 Speedlight

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guns., 2 Feb. 2014
I have 2 of these and they are my favourite guns. I have other guns which are not as good as these. Good recycle times and consistent. Also, and don't put this to the test but they are well made. I had one fall from a light stand at 6 foot high and it just bounced. Not a crack or anything. It just carried on working.

Western Digital My Book  Essential 500GB External USB 2.0 Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB External USB 2.0 Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, 2 Feb. 2014
I bought this a long time ago and it's still in everyday use. Having no problems with it, I purchased another one the same but bigger, a 2 TB.

Lexar 4GB 233X CF Card
Lexar 4GB 233X CF Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable., 2 Feb. 2014
I use these cards all the time. Never had any issues. I have though since purchased some faster ones as I shoot RAW.

Lexar 8GB 233X CF Card
Lexar 8GB 233X CF Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable., 2 Feb. 2014

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 (PC/Mac)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok for beginners, 2 Feb. 2014
I purchased this a while ago. I also use Lightroom 5. I feel this is a limited program and suited to those who do basic editing. When purchasing this, I didn't read up on it enough. My problem with it was that it didn't support 16 bit files which had been exported from LR. So editing 8 bit files produced banding and pixelation. In the end I had to bite the bullet and purchase Photoshop CS6. But, for the new photographer wanting to get into processing images, this is ideal.

Sanyo Eneloop AA 8 Pack Batteries 2000mAh
Sanyo Eneloop AA 8 Pack Batteries 2000mAh

4.0 out of 5 stars Liking these, 2 Feb. 2014
I like the fact that these batteries hold their charge longer than the others I use. They also slide into my pocket wizards and other battery compartments easier than the ones I currently use, so I assume the size is very slightly smaller in thickness. I have only used these on 1 photo shoot and found that they were hot when I removed them from my flash gun. I hadn't noticed this before with the previous batteries. Saying that, the rating at 2000mAh is not the same as those I usually use at 2700mAh, so I may have overworked them. I have since purchased another set. Compared with the previous batteries I use, these are more expensive.

Vapextech Super Smart nimh Battery Charger 8 cell AA or AAA
Vapextech Super Smart nimh Battery Charger 8 cell AA or AAA
Offered by Vapextech

5.0 out of 5 stars Good charger, 2 Feb. 2014
I like this little charger and am considering buying another. I like the fact that the led's show the individual batteries charging. The battery chargers I'd been using before just had a red and green light so I never new how much charge they had in and how likely they would be in the charger for. Also, my previous chargers would only allow me to charge 2 or 4 batteries at a time. This one chargers batteries individually so as the batteries show they are charged, I can remove and replace with other batteries. On a photo shoot, I may take up to 6 flash guns requiring 4 x AA batteries each. For the 6 pocket wizards, I'll need 2 batteries each making a total of 36 AA batteries. That is before I include spares. So being able to charge 8 batteries at a time is really useful. Should I purchase a 16 cell charger? No. Why not? If it fails, I'm stuck. If I purchase 2 of these, in the unlikely event 1 fails, I still have the other to charge my batteries.

Professional Studio Photo Light/Lighting/Lamp Stand/Tripod
Professional Studio Photo Light/Lighting/Lamp Stand/Tripod
Offered by NetGadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Light Stand Review, 14 Feb. 2010
I purchased three of these lightweight lightstands from Bumperbargains and was pleased with them for the price. It was a pity that they couldn't combine p&p but they said this is Amazon policy and not theirs. These stands are lightweight and I wouldn't put a studio flash head such as a Bowens Monolite on one for fear of it collasping but they are ideal for using as a portable stand for your flash gun. The stands I received also came with a bag with a shoulder strap which is handy. Remember these are lightweight. Ideal for the stobist but not for the heavy studio flash heads.

Epson Stylus Photo PX650 6 Colour Photo Printer (Individual Inks, Screen and Card Slots)

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday Use., 27 Dec. 2009
I use this printer every day. I do have another Epson which is now redundant because I like this one so much. I purchased it because of the facility of printed onto CD/DVD's.

Page: 1 | 2