Profile for Niels Peter Hermansen > Reviews

Content by Niels Peter He...

Page: 1 | 2
The Feel The Fear Guide To... Lasting Love: How to create a superb relationship for life
by Susan J. Jeffers
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars I really do understand the title of this book. ..., 15 Aug 2014
I really do understand the title of this book. Then why do I give It a 4 star mark? Because I do one or the other feel that perhaps the author simplifies Things to a level that they can't bear. But beyound that Susan Jeffers has many valuable points, and she is a master in handling language.

The New Cold War: Putin's Threat to Russia and the West
The New Cold War: Putin's Threat to Russia and the West
by Edward Lucas
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars well written with good research, 21 Jun 2014
I do believe that this book gives a well researched picture of the Putin dynasty. He shure does need a critical eye if as I am a believer of western democracy. On the other hand I do recommend reading of other writers with a different point of view. Why? Because Lucas's viewpoint can very well be too biased.

The Photoshop Elements 12 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
The Photoshop Elements 12 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby
Price: 21.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Want a practical approach to PSE?, 4 Mar 2014
This book is in my view very interesting for people WHO wants a practical and well illustrated approach to PSE opportunities. By following guidelines which takes its departure in a concrete problem and or wish to improve a photo and or create a "artistic" Photo you have in this book a great helper.

Take Charge of Your Emotions: Seven Steps To Overcoming Depression, Anxiety, And Anger
by Linda J. Solie
Price: 9.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Has Christianity a monopoly on taking charge of emotions?, 12 Dec 2013
Linda J. Solies book about taking charge of Your emotions is in my opinion quite fascinatng in it's approach to the subject. The books continuing mixing between what I call a Scientific based psycological approach and a christian based value set is managed in adddition to my expectation. Linda J.Solies presentation of these in may peoples view perhaps contradictionary views have in it a substance that although I myself is a christian I believe has value for others to. But this is also the problem with the book - I find that you indeed need a very clear conception about your own religiosity to get a appropriate outcome of reading it. I shall not be the one to deem about my own religiosity, but I will anyway be relatively hesitant to whoum I will recommend the book. Not few people among my own acquaintances have been quite surprised that I haved read this book and found it interesting on this background. Say - on surface perhaps a quick reader but in reality a book that is demanding perhaps too musch of the reader. Was I a muslim what then? The answer to this question is not in anyway touched in the book - a weakness that only van be reflected in the given stars considered the authors belief in religious matters.

Anger Cure: A Step-By-Step Program to Reduce Anger, Rage, Negativity, Viole Nce, and Depression in Your Life: A Step by Step Program to Reduce Anger, ... Violence and Depression in Your Life
by Kathleen O'Bannon
Price: 13.04

3.0 out of 5 stars In my opinion a very controversial book, 12 Dec 2013
Should I say it myself, I am a person who is openminded and without prejudicies. Kathleen O'Bannon's book "The Anger Cure" does indeed give you food for thought and has many very interesting views about anger and it's causes. Among other Things your lifestyle, your diet and yor intake of vitamins. I find all this interesting and has also found ideas that I myself can use (I am diagnosed as bipolar II). But I must also say that the Scientific references in my opinion seems rather poor. And that's a shame because I can not for the best of myself see why one shouldn't take a clear Scientific approach. I'm sorry to say that I can't say I am convinced of this is the case in O'Bannons book.
If you are a critical reader I will have no hesitations recommending this book. If you go for a book with receipts you can take for you without much further consideration I can not recommed this book.

Dead Can Dance
Dead Can Dance
Offered by MUSIC-4-THE-MASSES
Price: 8.02

5.0 out of 5 stars First album from Dead Can Dance is a must for fans, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dead Can Dance (Audio CD)
This first album from Dead Can Dance is in the opinion of I a must for fans of Dead Can Dance. I have since the early start of Dead Can Dance been listened to them, but never been a dedicated fan. After a concert at the "Roskilde Festival" at the Arena Stage this year (2013) I was so moved by their perfomance, that I am now a devoted fan. Their music touched my inner feelings in a way that only a handfull of bands is able to. And tears were flowing. Seldom have I've heard such a performance.

Their music seems to be a combination of traditional music from New Zeeland, classical music, pop and a touch of early 4AD rock!

My best recommendations

Americana [Blu-ray] [2012]
Americana [Blu-ray] [2012]
Dvd ~ Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Neil Young & Crazy Horse goes the cover way - Intense rock'n roll, 13 May 2013
Neil Young & Crazy Horse are on this album (and movie) giving us listeners and viewers glimpses of American traditions, values and history through cover versions of the Work of others. As has been the case quite often before Young and his Fellow musicians in Crazy Horse gives us an intense, heartfelt and honest performance where you really can feel how it must have been burning inside them all to get it all out. In a way I think I can sense a humoristic, at times sarcastic, at other times critical attitude to the stories from the songs. Mostly through the movie. Perhaps wrong but it gives the listener food for thought.
I can strongly recommend this album. If you are new to Neil Young & Crazy Horse perhaps not the most obvious choice as a first buy but for a hard core Neil Young fan a must.

by David Jay Miklowitz
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written practical guide, 1 Nov 2012
Miklowitz's book about how to live with and to live with one that has bipolar disorder is well written. Miklowitz writes with deep respect for everyone who is in touch with the disease. Be that the ill person him- og herself, family relative, friends or work colleagues. The book gives you a well founded review of the disease itself and the medications and various therapy techniques available to improve life conditions and hopefully make this more bearable. According to Miklowitz's you can't do without medication, in which I certainly agree, while therapy can do a lot of good, but it can't stand alone, and works onlyunder the condition that medical treatment is undertaken.
Most exciting perhaps is the chapters about especially what you as a patient can do to improve your condition. The book reviews different tools - eg. a mood chart - which can be of help in coping with the disease. I think tools like these can be very important for many. Think about relatives, colleagues and so on, who perhaps find it very difficult to accept that bipolar disorder is a disaese which you can medicate, but probably not cure. Often they get the impression that the patient uses the excuse, that because of this his or her behaviour is out of his or her own control. Here you get some tools where you a least can try to do something actively to make conditions better.
The books mix of reviews of the disease, its medication, therapy and tools for working actively as a patient with yourself in combination with its writing style makes it in my opinion an excellent book for all who wants to know more of the subject without needing reading several hundred or thousands pages.
My recommendations to this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2013 5:13 PM GMT

Istria (Croatia) Hiking & Cycling Map 1:75.000 KOMPASS #238
Istria (Croatia) Hiking & Cycling Map 1:75.000 KOMPASS #238
by KompassMaps
Edition: Map

4.0 out of 5 stars Kompass map gives excellent overview, 31 Aug 2012
This Kompass map gives an excellent overview of Istrien. Sorry to say, but digital maps in all their detail and functionality do not as a paperbased quality map give the same "physically" experience of the area covered and it also do nut give a comprehension of directions (N-E-S-W) on the same level. The map is oriented against cyclist but do also serve as a very reliable map for motorist. For tourist the 1:75.000 scale is good. This is not my first Kompass map. My knowledge about the other Kompass maps I have, have been a primary reason why I bought this one. I am satisfied also with this one, and my confidence in the series is still on a high level.

Rubie's Edward Scissorhands Wig Fancy Dress
Rubie's Edward Scissorhands Wig Fancy Dress
Price: 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Have fun on Roskilde, 9 Jun 2012
The idea eis purchase is to have fun at Roskilde Festival summer 2012. As a fan of The Cure since their early days in the years around 1980 it is fantastic to have the chance to see this formidable live band once more at this festival They do always deliver! And this time a bit of lookalike with wig, a bit of makeup and some black clothes I try to deliver just a little bit back. The Cure is great!

Page: 1 | 2