Profile for jopsy > Reviews

The Story of the Little Mole - Plop-up Edition
The Story of the Little Mole - Plop-up Edition
by Werner Holzwarth

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulously funny book!, 18 Aug 2014
This is a book that everyone with a sense of humour should own! My friend bought this for my daughter when she was 4 (she's now 9) It's still a firm family favourite! I bought this book for a friend and her grand daughter. She too (aged 3) loves it. I took my version to school and with my year 2/3 class we used this book for a 4 week literacy block! The children hadn't ever seen this book before (apart from 1) They absolutely loved it! A real hit!

Lakeland Northern Lights Magic Colour Changing Log Fire Fir Cones x 30pcs
Lakeland Northern Lights Magic Colour Changing Log Fire Fir Cones x 30pcs
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical!, 18 Aug 2014
My daughter is Harry potter mad! Her friends arrived with a handful of magic fir cones-we set the fire and 3 of us watched as the magic began! These are mesmerising and we had to have some of our own! We will definitely be buying again. These are a great gift for young and old.

Perfect
Perfect
by Rachel Joyce

4.0 out of 5 stars A clever book, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Perfect (Paperback)
I haven't read another book by this author. I chose it from reading reviews and thought I'd give it a go-I felt like a change! This was indeed a change -It was very well written, sad, funny and clever. I felt like the characters had a lot more to give and ended by wanting to read more! I lent it to a friend who wasn't very keen ; but my husband enjoyed it!

What Alice Forgot
What Alice Forgot
by Liane Moriarty

4.0 out of 5 stars A jolly good read!, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: What Alice Forgot (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book, it was 1/10 that I took on my 2 week hols! It was one of those books that made you consider how other people see you. You cannot possibly begin to imagine yourself in her shoes. It was one of those books which you just need to make other people aware of!

Window
Window
by Jeannie Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth a look!, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Window (Paperback)
A wonderful book to use to explain changes over time. I used this with my year 2/3 class for a block of Geography based on Australia. The children loved the pictures and it proved invaluable for starting discussion, which over time became very thoughtful. The children were able to see the positives and negatives of change and make their own decisions. We looked at other books by the same author and she inspired artwork too!

The Gingerbread Nativity: A Four-week Exploration of Advent
The Gingerbread Nativity: A Four-week Exploration of Advent
by Renita Boyle

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 18 Aug 2014
I buy lots of books, I am not sure what I expected when I bought this book; but I was really disappointed with this and shoved it on a shelf never to be seen again!

Alleluya!: 77 Songs for Thinking People (Classroom Music)
Alleluya!: 77 Songs for Thinking People (Classroom Music)
by David Gadsby

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden oldies!, 18 Aug 2014
I LOVE these books! I have over nearly 20 years of primary teaching acquired lots of these books. My classes have learnt lots of the same songs as me when I was their age. Some of the songs have 'old fashioned' words that may need some explaining; but on the whole it's worked well for me! I cannot read music; but I know most of the tunes. My daughter aged 9 plays piano so can mostly play the basics for me to get the idea! I think in this case the oldies are best!

Hexbug Aquabot Robotic Fish - Blue
Hexbug Aquabot Robotic Fish - Blue
Offered by No1 Gadget Store - FREE UK Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars A splashy success!, 18 Aug 2014
My daughter loves her hexbugs and 'needed' one of these. It is small and very easy to use. It has been in our sinks and baths as well as to most friends houses! It isn't very exciting if you're an adult; but if you're 9 it can give you hours of fun!

Talk for Writing across the Curriculum: How to teach non-fiction writing 5-12 years
by Pie Corbett

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 18 Aug 2014
As a Literacy coordinator in a Primary school I had been sent on a course and was recommended to us to buy this book. I bought one for myself and used it to support the staff training I delivered. I then bought 8 more for the staff to have one each. We have all used them to support our planning. This has benefitted the large majority of pupils in my Y2/3 class. I cannot recommend it enough!

Liberty Love: 25 Projects to Quilt and Sew Featuring Liberty of London Fabrics
Liberty Love: 25 Projects to Quilt and Sew Featuring Liberty of London Fabrics
by Alexia Marcelie Abegg

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book with nice ideas, 18 Aug 2014
I confess that I am a Liberty fabricaholic. I have acquired lots of pieces over the years; but I just cannot cut into it! This was where I expected the book to come in. This book is lovely-a book of ideas and background. I was pleased to see that there is more fabic that I can buy! There were some lovely ideas; but I think I'll use different printed fabric as it still couldn't make me use my Liberty! This would be a lovely book to buy for a sewing/quilting friend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9