Profile for jopsy > Reviews

Content by jopsy

jopsy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Dragon Dance: A Chinese New Year Ltf: A Chinese New Year Lift-The-Flap Book (Lift-The-Flap, Puffin)
by Joan Holub

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction, 10 Feb. 2013
Good for in class. Nice, simple pictures. Easy to move flaps. The children enjoyed rading this themselves. The pictures are basic; but useful as a talking point.

Star Trek - Tos Mr. Spock Mug
Star Trek - Tos Mr. Spock Mug

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright & cheery, 10 Feb. 2013
A bright mug. If you like Star Trek you will most probably like this mug. I bought 2 as gifts. The recipients really liked them. I personally thought it was a bit heavy and cheap. (then again I prefer China!)

China (Usborne Beginners)
China (Usborne Beginners)
by Leonie Pratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great early reader book, 10 Feb. 2013
Good book. Well set out. Really useful in the classroom. My children (ages 6-8) realy liked this. They could mainly read it by themselves. Great pictures too.

Star Trek - Tos Capt. James T. Kirk Mug
Star Trek - Tos Capt. James T. Kirk Mug

4.0 out of 5 stars Who wouldn't like the Captain on their mug?, 10 Feb. 2013
It was a bright basic mug. It was bought for a gift. The recipient really likes it. The colour is a bit too bright for my liking. It's aloso a bit heavy (I prefer china ;)

Celebrating Chinese New Year: Nick's New Year
Celebrating Chinese New Year: Nick's New Year
by Cheryl Kirk Noll

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic information, 10 Feb. 2013
Nice pictures. Bright and basic. My special needs children really liked this book as it was accessible. It's a good starter for Chinese New Year.

Lazerbuilt Hello Kitty Bag for 15.6 inch Laptop - Black
Lazerbuilt Hello Kitty Bag for 15.6 inch Laptop - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely for a 7 year old, 10 Feb. 2013
My daughter really likes it. It does it's job. My husband thinks the size is a bit odd. I'm not entirely sure how long it would last, ours is really only used in the house.

D Is for Dancing Dragon: A China Alphabet (Alphabet-Country)
D Is for Dancing Dragon: A China Alphabet (Alphabet-Country)
by Carol Crane

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Feb. 2013
I bought this book for my class of year 2/3's. It has been really useful. We have all leant a lot. The level is pitched just right. I'd recommend this book. The pictures are good and the info is in bite sized chunks.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for brother in law!, 10 Feb. 2013
He liked it, and has worn it a lot.
My sister said the quality was good.
It was posted quickly.

Stash Happy: Patchwork
Stash Happy: Patchwork
by Cynthia Shaffer

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the front cover!, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Stash Happy: Patchwork (Paperback)
I've been quilting & patchworking for around 2 years. I have been sewing for over 30. I saw this book on a few blogs and decided that as I had a lot of bits of fabric I'd gove it a go. It truly was one of the least inspirational books I have bought in quite a while, and I buy a lot! I liked 3 ideas. The rest were uninspirational. The photography is however lovely! This is not a book for someone who owns lots of books, or who plays around with fabric by themselves. I sent it to my sister-A new sewer.

Charlotte Street
Charlotte Street
by Danny Wallace

3.0 out of 5 stars Believeable characters & setting, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Charlotte Street (Paperback)
I really like/enjoyed and indeed even encouraged, others to read everything Danny Wallace has written previously. I pre-ordered CS. I have read this in between having to work/have a life ;)It was exactly that-a book I could put down, and pick up again. I liked the plot, most of the characters and the setting; but for me I prefer his non fiction stuff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10