Profile for Mr. R. Thomas > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Thomas

Mr. R. Thomas "tommoa1" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
'How do I Love thee? Let me count the ways' - Elizabeth Barratt Browning (Moon on the Tides - Relationships Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money., 10 Oct 2014
contains nothing that is not available on the internet. Contains spelling mistakes. can't be more than four or five pages.Doesn't even include the poem itself. Come on Amazon don't lower your standards just to make a few pennies.Shame on you.

The Aeneid (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition)
The Aeneid (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition)
by Virgil

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the small print if buying the kindle version, 16 Jun 2014
I purchased the kindle version of The Aeneid translated by Robert Fagles from the page advertising Fagles version (Which I already have a copy) I intended to test the brilliant audio reading facility on the Equally brilliant Kindle Fire. Anyway to cut a long story short, after I had downloaded the kindle version I noticed that it was NOT the Fagles version but Dryden's version.Annoying don't you think. I checked the small print but nothing lead me to believe that it was not the Fagles version.
OK it only cost £1.02. But it was not the version as advised. I'm more angry with myself than with Amazon.

Coffee Break French 10: Lessons 46-50 - Learn French in your coffee break
Coffee Break French 10: Lessons 46-50 - Learn French in your coffee break

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Mar 2014
Every lesson is of the highest standard and I particularly like the songs. Each episode is a new experience and makes learning a foreign language a pleasure

Sanford Design Kneaded Eraser, Large
Sanford Design Kneaded Eraser, Large

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete con, 10 Mar 2014
The Sanford Design kneaded Eraser, Large As shown on the Amazon page is not the product sent to me. When I complained they initially said that the product they sent was exactly as shown on Amazon which was a blatant lie.
I had to spend time copying the Amazon page and sending it the the supplier who were reluctant to admit their error. Eventually they decided to give me a refund.
Incidentally the picture currently shown on Amazon is not the same as the picture attached to this request for my comments
My advice, keep your eye on this supplier. And where goods are supplied by a third party don't get fobbed off.

Numbers 1 to 100 (Wall Chart)
Numbers 1 to 100 (Wall Chart)
by Schofield & Sims Ltd
Edition: Unbound

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product backed up with excellent Delivery, 26 Nov 2012
The product is of excellent quality and comes with a few good ideas of how to best use the chart when teaching the grandkids.Excellent service. The extra bonus is the fact the Amazon used DPD for delivery. They actually e mail you to tell you that delivery will be within a specific hour. Brilliant service. Amazon you should use them every time

tommoa1

My Kitchen Table: 100 Cakes and Bakes
My Kitchen Table: 100 Cakes and Bakes
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars multiple copies, 13 Dec 2011
I've now ordered four copies the first one was for my wife and the others for her friends who marvelled at the cooking results. Just one thing Hope that Amazon don't send you book by The Home delivery network because the service offered by this company is poor. They take much longer than alternative carriers in my experience and they don't seem to bother to update their tracking system at all. Great book shame on Amazon for falling down on the service it provides

New French With Ease (1 book + 1 mp3 CD) (Assimil with Ease)
New French With Ease (1 book + 1 mp3 CD) (Assimil with Ease)
by ASSiMiL
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars a problem with mp3, 10 Dec 2011
May I start by saying I already have the Assimil Spanish Course in MP3 and it works brilliantly. The French course didn't start well (A bit like real life I suppose) Sorry I digress. Firstly my i tunes didn't recognise the mp3 disc. When I eventually managed to copy the disk to I tunes the tracks were not in the correct order.I've since cobbled together the playlist and am working through the course. The audio readings are not as well spaced as the Spanish course which has a slight pause after each sentence, giving you a moment to reflect on what you had heard and have a quick glance at the English translation.So I may well buy the audio CD's and try them.
Foolishly I also purchased a 12month usage of the e course. Don't waste your money the book and CD is by far the better option. And don't try to contact the help line. When I rang them no-one could or would speak English. You'd think they would give free course to their employees, wouldn't you.
Having read this again it seems more like a moan.But I rate this course a 4 out of five and would highly recommend it. It is a pleasurable way to learn a language.

tommo

Long CHAIN Keyring With Belt Clip Silver Metal
Long CHAIN Keyring With Belt Clip Silver Metal
Offered by Ray Online BIZ

4.0 out of 5 stars large and solid, 20 Nov 2010
the product is great, but it is little bit larger than I thought it would be from the picture. but a good solid product

The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday
The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, 31 Oct 2010
Kindle needs to get its act together if they want the newspapers to succeed. I trialled the Mail along with the independent and have discontinued both of them, mainly because of the clunky way that the kindle handles newspapers. I still took the paper edition, [until today] because an advert appeared for the Ipod version. I own an I pod touch which I bought over a year ago and downloaded the aps. The result is a newspaper with lots of pictures and in colour for wait for it FREE.
I dropped the independent because they have shot themselves in the foot with the introduction of the 20 p mini paper

Good luck whichever choice you make
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2011 10:33 AM BST

Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher, Book 15)
Worth Dying For (Jack Reacher, Book 15)

2.0 out of 5 stars Endangered writer, 23 Oct 2010
When I first came across the Jack Reacher series I bought all of the books and read them over a couple of months. Once started I could hardly put a book down.However Childs's last two books have been disappointing and as for "Woth Dying" being a follow on from the nail biting end to 61 hours .Well there is no other word for it but that statement was a down right fib.
Lee Child you are on my endangered writers list, one more strike and your off my reading list

Page: 1 | 2