Profile for Ali Bongo > Reviews

Content by Ali Bongo

Ali Bongo "intro queen" (South West)

Page: 1 | 2
Relate Guide To Staying Together: From Crisis to Deeper Commitment
Relate Guide To Staying Together: From Crisis to Deeper Commitment
by Susan Quilliam

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're both committed to making it work, 11 Jun 2014
Excellent book with some great plans and ideas. Sadly it didn't work for me but that was definitely not due to a lack of trying lots of different things... :-(
It doesn't really deal with trying to make something work when only one partner is willing to make an effort.

Skip Ball - MK2 Version - various colours
Skip Ball - MK2 Version - various colours
Offered by Toypost

5.0 out of 5 stars Ankle skipper :-), 11 Jun 2014
These seem to be to infant children what loom bands are to the older ones, certainly in my house anyway. My daughter loves this and spends hours and hours trying to perfect the technique, with varying degrees of success!!
She loves the jingle inside too, and at 5 it's a great way to keep her interest in exercising. Super fast delivery too, brilliant all round. Thank you

The Big Dinosaur Box (4 Disc BBC Box Set) [DVD]
The Big Dinosaur Box (4 Disc BBC Box Set) [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur box set, 11 Jun 2014
Absolutely stunning. Bought this box set for my 9 year old son to while away a week he spent in hospital after surgery. It kept him amused and kept his mind off the pain for 2 days solid and intermittently for the next few days and he still watches the DVDs at home now :-)
He is totally dinosaur mad which helps but the animation on the DVDs is first rate and the story is interesting too.

1800 Colourful Loom Bands & 75 Clips!
1800 Colourful Loom Bands & 75 Clips!
Offered by Right Goods Right Price

5.0 out of 5 stars B'looming' marvellous :-), 11 Jun 2014
Excellent products, my daughter was delighted :-) she's making loom bands in all her spare time at the moment so to have so many is brilliant.
She loves the different colours in the packs and says they are good quality as there is little breakage when she's 'looming'!!!

Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating SPF15 Peach Sheer Tint Finish Lip Balm 2g
Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating SPF15 Peach Sheer Tint Finish Lip Balm 2g

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Thanks Mumsnet!, 11 Jun 2014
Fantastic product. I'm about to order another one. I first saw these highly recommended on mumsnet as a 'swears by' and yes they were right :-))
Looks great, goes on well, works a treat on my very sensitive dry lips.

Glitter Loom Bands - 600 Bands 24 S Clips - Thingers UK
Glitter Loom Bands - 600 Bands 24 S Clips - Thingers UK
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic glitter loom bands, 11 Jun 2014
These bands are the best apparently!! My daughter has made numerous bracelets with them and is selling them to her friends as they all want glittery ones :-). The glitter is quite subtle but looks amazing, especially when combined with 2 or more colours. Am ordering more as she will run out soon, fantastic product and great quality as latex free so feel different (but nice!). Speedy delivery too and excellent comms from seller. Highly recommended :-))

Retro Sweets Mega Gift Box (Jam Packed With 60+ Retro Sweets)
Retro Sweets Mega Gift Box (Jam Packed With 60+ Retro Sweets)
Offered by A Quarter Of - The Retro Sweets You Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro sweets mega box, 30 Nov 2013
Mega by name and lives up to all expectations!!
This is a Christmas present for my other half but I had to have a sneak preview and ohhhhhh...... I want one!!
It brought back so many childhood memories :-))))

I can't wait for him to open it on Christmas morning, and then hopefully share with me

Dyspraxia: Developmental Co-ordination Disorder
Dyspraxia: Developmental Co-ordination Disorder
by Amanda Kirby

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyspraxia: developmental co-ordination disorder, 10 Oct 2010
This book was amazing!! I sat down and read it all in about 2 hours. It was as though someone had switched a light on. I've been telling health professionals for a couple of years now that there is something different about my 2 sons, aged now, nearly 6 and nearly 4, to no avail. I got this book after going to the Dyspraxia Foundation website and looking at their recommended reading list.
Every scenario describes one or both of my sons, obviously not the teenager part but we "look forward" to that!!

My eldest son had a paediatric appointment last week (ironically the day before this book arrived!!) so I await with bated breath the forthcoming report and /or diagnosis...
Health visitor for the youngest is next week...!!!

Thank you so much Dr Kirby, you have helped us so much :-))) a grateful pair of parents X

Pasta Chef Pasta In minutes NO Pans!
Pasta Chef Pasta In minutes NO Pans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pasta Chef No-Pan pasta cooker, 1 Aug 2010
Wow!! I wonder how I managed all these years without one of these! Just didn't need one then I guess...
It's fantastic, just boil the kettle, put the pasta in the jar, pour over the boiling water then put the lid on and leave it for 10 minutes. Perfect every time.
I even had to leave it drained for about 1/2 hour the other night while dealing with a sick child, I just poured some more water over it out of the kettle, shook it up a bit and voila! The pasta all unstuck and was perfectly edible (we were slightly sceptical too, initially!!)
10/10
I haven't used the 2nd smaller jar yet, but I suppose that could be used for smaller amounts of pasta, the recommendation is to use it for vegetables.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2011 4:48 PM GMT

Zoggs Junior Aqua Plugs
Zoggs Junior Aqua Plugs

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoggs Junior Ear Plugs, 27 Nov 2009
This review is from: ZOGGS Aqua Plugz (Sports)
Utterly brilliant!! These are what I have been waiting for for 2 years since my daughter had her grommets inserted. Much much better than the bio-ears squashy plugs we had been using, they fit in perfectly and stay in, they don't affect her hearing and they don't hurt when I'm putting them in. Fab.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2010 9:19 AM GMT