Profile for Shropshirelass > Reviews

Pilot Frixion Erasable Rollerball Pack of 3 - Black
Pilot Frixion Erasable Rollerball Pack of 3 - Black
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea!, 9 Aug 2014
Love these pens for my daughters school work. It saves having to cover the page in tippex!

Pilot Pen Frixion 0.7mm Refill Pack - Black (Pack of 3)
Pilot Pen Frixion 0.7mm Refill Pack - Black (Pack of 3)
Price: 5.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 9 Aug 2014
Much better value than buying from high street stores and would definitely purchase again.

Although a word of warning; the eraser on the pen outer will run out before you've managed to use the third refill, so you will have to buy a replacement pen at some point.

The pens are, however, a great idea for school and stops schoolwork getting messy with tippex etc.

Essential Oil Starter Pack - Citrus Oils - 5 x 10ml - 100% Pure
Essential Oil Starter Pack - Citrus Oils - 5 x 10ml - 100% Pure
Offered by Mystic-Moments
Price: 6.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaky bottles create a disappointment, 9 Aug 2014
Great smells at an excellent price, but very disappointed that 2 of the 5 bottles had leaked most of their contents in the box before arrival.

It did make it the greatest smelling parcel I've ever received, however, better lids on these little bottles would have ensured that it arrived as it should have. I wouldn't buy again for this reason - such a shame as they smelled so lovely.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable as a starter kit., 9 Aug 2014
You do get a lot of kit for your money, compared to the proper rainbow loom kits, and the storage box is an absolutely brilliant feature of this product for keeping all the stuff together, however, I have had to buy another hook tool as the one in the kit broke within 2 days (tip: I bought a crochet hook very cheaply which is aluminium and MUCH stronger than the normal loom hooks provided).

There are plenty of band colours in this kit, and they are fairly strong, but will snap if you put them under too much pressure. Not quite as strong as the proper rainbow loom bands, so for the more tricky things you can make, you might get frustrated at the amount of bands that you lose, but for bracelets etc, they are fine.

The board provided is a little different to the proper rainbow loom ones; slightly smaller and the attaching pegs (the pink bits which hold the board together and allow you to move the pieces of board) are different; they won't allow you to properly align the boards in one long length; however, used side by side they are fine and easier to remove than the rainbow loom ones.

Altogether, it isn't a bad bit of kit; it is fine as a starter, but be prepared to replace some of the bits, buy an extra board/hook etc to make it more durable.

Apple iPad Mini / iPad Mini 2 Premium Quality Screen Protectors Anti Glare Matte edition (2 in Pack - Front) by TUFFskinz
Offered by TUFFskinz

- 1 x bubble removal card
- 2 x dust removal strips;
- 1 x alignment sticker;
- instructions

I highly recommend that you view the installation video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZzeCZf2j_4 as this shows you very clearly how to install the product.

Once you have taken the time to clean the screen really thoroughly (and I mean REALLY thoroughly) the screen protector is a breeze to apply. Using the alignment tape, you just:

1) clean screen;
2) clean screen again;
3) clean it again to be sure :)
4) align the screen using the tape provided;
5) clean the screen again just in case;
6) remove backing protective cover using the tape attached;
7) drop the protector into place (there will be very few air bubbles as it seems to self apply;
8) use the card provided together with the cloth to gently push away any bubbles from the edges that might be there;
9) remove the top protective cover;
10) there is no 10, but it just seemed a nice round number!

This product is the easiest to apply of all protectors I have used and, due to its' anti-glare finish, makes the screen so much easier to see as it stops the reflection of light/sun.

I highly recommend the product for the ease of application, with minimal air bubbles (which are easily removed provided the screen is clean) and for its durability. I also have one on my phone and it has lasted well.

2 Sets (4 Inks) Kodak 30 XL Compatible Black and Colour High Capacity Ink Cartridges. 2x Black and 2x Colour
Offered by PerfectPrint
Price: 10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke my print head, 27 Sep 2013
After using these cartridges satisfactorily for about a week, the print started to blur. Then, the black gave up altogether. I removed the print head which was covered in black ink and gave it a good clean up and reinstalled, but the black just kept on leaking all over the print head. I reinstalled proper Kodak cartridges but it was too late; the print head was broken. I could not comment on whether this is usual, but it is certainly my experience so I couldn't recommend them to anyone.

Print heads are expensive to replace, so I had to buy a new printer. An expensive mistake, sadly.

Pest-Stop Electronic Rat Killer
Pest-Stop Electronic Rat Killer
Price: 36.72

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing product for zapping mice!, 3 Jan 2013
I first became aware of a "problem" when I found a couple of mouse droppings behind the microwave! Eek, everyones worst nightmare!

I purchased six traditional mousetraps and duly applied peanut butter to each, as I'd heard that this was one of the best foodstuffs to attract the little blighters.
These were placed in strategically planned places around the kitchen; the undersink cupboard, behind the microwave, behind the fridge, behind the dishwasher etc.

Night after night I would return to the traps and each time I did the hairy little so-and-so's had eaten the free meal and departed leaving me only a little brown specimen as a thank you.

I really didn't want to try poison as a) I don't like the idea of a slow painful death for the little critters, even though they give me the creeps and b) they can crawl off to die somewhere unreachable and either rot or get eaten by another animal, so I decided to go for this product.

Having read the reviews that the rat killer version was considered the best option for our mousey "friends" I duly purchased one from Amazon as it's prices were much keener than elsewhere.

It arrived promptly complete with the batteries that I had ordered. Having fitted the batteries (which I didn't find too onerous a task as others had?) I applied peanut butter to the back plate as instructed (I used the handle of a plastic spoon) and placed the rat killer behind the microwave. I turned the machine on, waited for the buzzy beep sound and pushed the microwave back into position.

Our little mouses seemed active around 8pm - this was the time for us when we found the peanut butter had been taken previously from the traps we had laid (I expect it was because we were all absent from the kitchen watching the soaps so allowed them to go about their mousey business undisturbed!)

So, around 8:30pm I went to check the trap - and hurrah - one flashing light! Our first mouse had been electrocuted, and the peanut butter hadn't even been got to. I immediately re-set the trap and vacated the kitchen and caught one further mouse that night.

Further success was had on subsequent nights - the most we caught in one night was three. Over the course of 4 nights - all mouses had gone - I think it was nine in total. Either they had got the picture and moved to someone elses house, or we had got rid of them all.

The "corpses" were easy to dispose of; just turn the machine off and hold it over a bag (we used the black doggy waste bags) then tie it up and shove it in the wheelie bin.

Each time, the peanut butter was still in place, so we could just reset the machine and off we go!

This will now be stored away safely for any future events.

I highly recommended product as for me, it was the answer I needed where other products failed.

Vax U89-MAF2-R Air Force 2 Reach Multi Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U89-MAF2-R Air Force 2 Reach Multi Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible suction and reach, 4 Oct 2011
What it says on the box:
' 300 air watts for constant powerful suction
' Easily picks up pet hair
' Reduces allergens and bacteria
' Cleans to the top of your stairs
' Large capacity - 3L
' On board 3-in-1 tool
' 6 year guarantee

What is in the box:
' Bagless upright vacuum
' Telescopic extension tube
' Turbo tool
' 3-in-1 tool (crevice tool, upholstery and dusting brush)

I eagerly unpacked the box and followed the easy to use instructions on how to assemble the telescopic handle and I was ready and raring to go.

The first thing that I noticed was that this was a weighty bit of kit, and once turned on that the suction was so powerful that it takes some effort to push it around. Never mind though, I could do with the exercise!

Per normal when I get myself a new vacuum cleaner, I had pre-cleaned all of my carpets to see just how much this one will pick up.

Within just a few minutes of cleaning I had nearly half filled the container with dog hairs, debris and carpet fluff. The addition of the 3-in-1 tool and turbo tool made cleaning the crevices, curtains and stairs a breeze, and with the addition of the telescopic extension tube I could get right into the corners of the ceilings to suck away those cobwebs. This is one mean piece of machinery!

I can honestly say that I have never used a vacuum cleaner with such awesome suction.

The extra long power cable enabled me to have the cleaner plugged in one room and to clean all the other rooms without having to keep unplugging; and the extra long hose enabled me to clean the stairs easily without having to lug the vacuum up the stairs to do so.

As I tend to suffer with dust-mite allergies, I was delighted to learn that this cleaner has a HEPA filter that is easily washed by rinsing under the tap. With only a few days use I am pleased to report that my symptoms (itchy eyes and blocked nose) have been greatly reduced - hurrah!

Emptying this machine is so easy; I just remove the dirt container and hold it over the wheelie bin and then push the quick release button.

This machine has been designed so that it is easy to keep clean. Just a few clicks and turns and all of the relevant filters can be removed, cleaned and reinstalled.

There are a couple of negatives which I feel I should point out, if only for the manufacturers to try and improve them:

1) the machine is quite heavy, so if the overall weight could be reduced this would be helpful
2) the cord wrap system on the back of the machine inside the storage area for the hose and makes rewinding it quite tricky.

All in all I am absolutely delighted with this machine and would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially those with pets or allergies.

Le Creuset Silicone Large Spatula, Volcanic
Le Creuset Silicone Large Spatula, Volcanic

5.0 out of 5 stars Le Creuset spatchelor - more than just a mixing device, 7 Oct 2005
I received a spatchelor free when I purchased some Le Creuset saucepans. "Not much of a free gift!" I thought. However, it has become one kitchen utensil that I use daily. It is great for mixing sauces in the saucepan - and it won't scratch. I also use it for folding mixtures, stir frying, loosening fried eggs from the pan, and to move things around a non-stick pan. When it comes to pouring sauces/cake mixtures, using this cleverly shaped little device, you get the last little morsel out of the bowl or pan. Gone are the days of scraping around with a spoon. If you don't possess one already - give it a go........

Dora the Explorer: Lost City Adventure (PC)
Dora the Explorer: Lost City Adventure (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Dora Dora Dora the Explorer, 7 Oct 2005
If your child loves the program, they are bound to love the game. It includes three different levels of difficulty and can be played in game format or freeplay. Each level offers different skills appropriate for different ages. The game takes you through an adventure asking you to help solve the puzzles as you go. You also get to print out pictures for colouring in. A fun game for small children to play which helps to increase their mouse control, giving them an advantage when they are at school. The only problem is, I now have to queue up to use the computer!!!

Page: 1 | 2