Profile for Sandbanker > Reviews

Content by Sandbanker

Sandbanker

TECHGEAR Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 S5363 / Samsung Galaxy Wave Y S5380 [EB454357VU]
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

2.0 out of 5 stars Look Carefully!, 26 Mar. 2015
The item we received was not as described and illustrated. It was a 4.44Wh (1200mAh) battery WITHOUT Near Field Communication. Samsung logos were printed on the labels, but were hidden by pieces of black sticky tape. Look carefully at the illustration and you will see it is supposed to be 6.48Wh (i.e.1750mAh) WITH Near Field Communication. We decided to keep the item because it was needed urgently and I will submit a further review in due course if the battery fails to perform adequately in service.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excited Grandaughter, 23 April 2014
I bought these pencils as a long awaited reward for an artistically talented 12 year old Grandaughter. They arrived promptly, in good condition and she is over the moon with them. Yes, they are expensive, but from what I have seen of her work with them then perhaps they are worth the outlay. I wonder how to buy individual replacements for this set?

Change of Heart
Change of Heart

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 25 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Change of Heart (Kindle Edition)
I have read many of Jodie's books which I have loved. This is so heavy and full of religion that I am finding it hard not to keep skipping great chunks. I will finish it and hope that it will improve but I prefer her medical/courtroom dramas.

Braun CCR3 Clean and Renew Electric Shaver Refill Cartridges - Pack of 3
Braun CCR3 Clean and Renew Electric Shaver Refill Cartridges - Pack of 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Economical Use, 8 Feb. 2012
I find these cartridges surprisingly expensive. You can buy refill fluid, but this does not work out much cheaper and it is a messy process if you try to flush out the old cartridge. My technique is to top up the old cartridge with surgical spirit a couple of times before I finally discard it. Surgical spirit is surprisingly cheap! I also add a minute drop of the lubricating oil which was supplied with the original shaver. This way I can make a cartridge last at least 3 months.

Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter Cassette - 70S, Series 7, Pulsonic - 9000 Series  BRAUN CASSETTE 70S
Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter Cassette - 70S, Series 7, Pulsonic - 9000 Series BRAUN CASSETTE 70S
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

3.0 out of 5 stars Degraded Foil Design, 8 Feb. 2012
The original foil design supplied with the shaver lasted the full 18 months, and required a very light touch. The new design, which looks much cheaper to make, seems to last less than 12 months. This is despite the diagram on the back of the packaging which implies 18 months life. I find that it is necessary to press much harder than I did with the original foil in order to achieve an acceptable shave. This extra pressure must result in more wear. I looked at a new 9000 series shaver on display in Boots today, and noted that this also is fitted with the new foil design. It remains a very expensive shaver and I am disappointed if Braun are letting their standards slip. I have had the shaver for exactly 5 years and have worn out 4 heads.

Duronic TVB103M Super Heavy Duty Premium Lockable Black Universal 33"-65" LCD/Plasma/LED/3D/4K TV Wall Mount Bracket Tilt with [Security Locking Bar] - Max VESA 600 x 400

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed adaption, 16 Aug. 2010
Nice and strong and easy to fit to wall.

However the TV brackets needed major modification (hacksaw and file) to fit to the back of a 4 year old 32" Panasonic TX-32 LXD1 which has a significant projection on the back near the bottom.

Another curious problem was that the hole in the locking bar did not seem to have any corresponding hole or notch on the frame for securing it with a lock or a nut and bolt.