Profile for K. Ward > Reviews

Content by K. Ward

K. Ward "obsessive_katy" (London, UK)

Homescapes 4'6" Full Body / Bolster / Pregnancy / Maternity Pillow Filled with Premium New White Duck Feathers - Wash at Home Range
Offered by HOMESCAPES

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 2 July 2012
A great value product that really feels luxurious. I'm using this as a pregnancy pillow (with great success so far), but it's definitely great for propping yourself up in bed too.

The Little Corset Book (Little Costume Workbooks)
The Little Corset Book (Little Costume Workbooks)
by Wolfgang Ambros

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter book for the costume curious, 20 Aug 2010
This was my first book on corset construction, bought when I was 16. It's a great starter in construction and a good aid to help you start to think about the shapes involved in creating good foundation wear.

Actually, I still refer to it every now and then. And it's been a good 11 years since I bought it...

THE ONE Kerala Trance Watch KT102B1 Black Leather Strap Blue LED
THE ONE Kerala Trance Watch KT102B1 Black Leather Strap Blue LED
Offered by Luna-Pearls

5.0 out of 5 stars Great unusual watch., 15 Jan 2010
Once you've got past giggling at the packaging, which read like a perfume advert, there's an incredible watch. Great styling, good build.

King of Nothing Hill
King of Nothing Hill

2.0 out of 5 stars oh dear..., 2 Oct 2002
This review is from: King of Nothing Hill (Audio CD)
hmmm...not all newspaper reviews are right...which is a shame because this could have been another Morphine or Natacha Atlas (some of my dad's other 'Review Discoveries') But it isn't. I like some of it. The instrumentals are really quite interesting, definitely a potential for some theatre/film soundtracking there, but I don't like the pseudo-Barry White thing he has going on.
The music is interesting from a sampling point of view. I like the mismatched sounds and the fact that he's not afraid to have a full blown string section, even though it is cheesy.
Ultimately, I think it's his lyrics that let him down. It really is cliché after cliché.
Some of it did sound like the Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me soundtrack though. Which is a good thing. But that's already been done now, I would have liked something different.
Having said all that, I do quite like the last track (Cold Comfort) if only because there's a voice that isn't Barry's on it.
I think Barry Adamson should sell his music to car companies so they can use it in adverts.
Just my opinion...