Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Bulging Box of Books (Horrible Science)
Bulging Box of Books (Horrible Science)
by Nick Arnold

5.0 out of 5 stars Super science books, 29 Nov 2013
My granddaughter(aged 7) devoured these books as soon as she saw them and started to read extracts aloud. They are informative and in my experience loved by junior school children. In some instances ,this series has actually enabled children to learn to read or to pursue reading which they have hitherto not enjoyed.

Emotional Intelligence: Why it Can Matter More Than IQ
Emotional Intelligence: Why it Can Matter More Than IQ
by Daniel Goleman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Intelligence:Why it can matter more than IQ, 18 Jan 2013
As a teacher ,i found this a modt interesting book. however it would be most informative for anyone wishing to understand poeple and their motivation. It would also facilitate a greater expertise in aiding children to realise their potential.

Cain's Legacy
Cain's Legacy
by Jeanne Safer
Price: 13.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Cain's Legacy, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cain's Legacy (Hardcover)
I bought this book initially because I have several friends who are experiencing great problems with their siblings. I thought it was a most interesting book and gave many insights as to why sibling rivalry can occur and possibly as to how to deal with or reconcile oneself to such issues. It would also be a useful book to read prior to having children in order to preempt these situations occuring.It

Mozart: The Horn Concertos (DECCA The Originals)
Mozart: The Horn Concertos (DECCA The Originals)
Price: 7.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Mozart : The Horn Concertos, 18 Jan 2013
I chose this recording because of Barry Tuckwell's expertise. It is an excellent introduction to both Mozart and Barry Tuckwell.I frist heard this music over 60 years ago, it made a great impression on me then and this rendering met all my expectations.

Pop-up London
Pop-up London
by Jennie Maizels
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop-up-london, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Pop-up London (Hardcover)
This is an absolutely brilliant book. I bought it for my grandaughter (age 6) and she was thrilled with it. I also bought it for English relatives in Australia to inform them about London and they were equally complementary.
The paper technology is outstanding. The little pop-up articles giving information about various historical fact are ideal for children and encourage them to read further. As a teacher of 40 years experience ,I cannot praise this book highly enough.

Music Of Satie
Music Of Satie
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Satie:Gymnopedies/Gnossiennes, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Music Of Satie (Audio CD)
I enjoyed this greatly and have played it repeatedly. It was played with the skill that I expect of this trio

Satie: Le fils des Etoiles, Sonneries de la Rose, Croix, Gymnopedies, Gnossiennes, Ogives, Prelude de le porte heroique du ciel
Price: 14.64

1.0 out of 5 stars Satie: Les etoiles, Sonneries de la rose,Croix, Gymnopedies and Gnossienes, 18 Jan 2013
I thought this rendering of Satie was absolutely dreadful as indeed did the recipients of the cds. It was quite unlike any other version that I have heard, it didn'tcorrelate with the score and indeed on occasions I wondered about the pianist's competency.