Profile for D. Johnson > Reviews

Content by D. Johnson

D. Johnson "oldplayer" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Digital Filmmaking Handbook
The Digital Filmmaking Handbook
by Mark Brindle
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend you buy it!, 29 Oct 2014
Great insite if just starting out in amature filming. A must buy for anyone who needs to what is required to make a broadcastable short film or just to give your home movies that 'proffessional' look.
I was surprised at how expensive it 'can' be but there is great advise in this book in how to cut corners on shelling out so much cash.
I have finished reading it but its a great reference guide for future prodjects.

Red Camera Case for Canon, Samsung, Fuji and Nikon Slim Line Portable Cameras WB250F WB250
Offered by 4Gshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong bit of kit, 29 Oct 2014
Strong, reliable and just the job for my Samsung WB200 camera. Simples!

Tiger sticky memo notes 350 sheets 2in/5cm square neon block like post its
Tiger sticky memo notes 350 sheets 2in/5cm square neon block like post its
Offered by Home Star Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 29 Oct 2014
Bit small but does exactly what I needed them for and sooooo cheap.
Great purchase.

250 Premium Quality Self Adhesive Address Labels On Roll 89mm x 36mm
250 Premium Quality Self Adhesive Address Labels On Roll 89mm x 36mm
Offered by Express Goods UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 29 Oct 2014
Great quality and soooo inexpensive. Great purchase!

7dayshop Monopod - High Quality Aluminium 4 Section (Max Height 170cm) for Photo and Camcorder Use with Shoulder Case
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive quality, 29 Oct 2014
Great bit of inexpensive kit. I filmed some rain coming down in slow motion whilst on holiday (sad I know) and the results were great.
Does exactly what it says on the tin!!!

TomTom Runner GPS Watch - Dark Grey
TomTom Runner GPS Watch - Dark Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ!!!, 29 Oct 2014
I needed a replacement for my Garmin that packed up on me. I like the look of this watch and it was a toss up between this or the Nike+ sports watch. I did the usual checking of the reviews on Amazon but this still left me undecided as to risk £120 or not.
I decided in the end to go to a reputable running shop and seek answers for myself.
The guy there who is a runner himself had road tested the TomTom himself.
Here is the result of personal investigation and asking the right questions:
First of all this watch looks great, is very comfortable and can be worn in normal watch mode for up to 30 days on a single charge.
Will last 8 hrs with GPS. The control button is very easy to use (no buttons on side of watch) mastered in less than an hour and I aint no brain box.
The functions are fantastic for just having a simple readout of what your doin at the time or you can use it as quite a comprehensive training tool. (see the website/youtube for excellent tutorials on the functions)
Personally I use it to record my runs and treadmill sessions. Oh and by the way the GPS is way more accurate than my Garmin ever was!!!!
Important advise: if you press left on the controls it tells you if your 'quick GPS' is up to date via a tick or a small PC. If the PC symbol is there simply connect to your PC and it will automatically update and a tick will appear! You can also do this via your mobil phone if you have downloaded the tomtom app. Simples!!!
This completely SOLVES the problem some reviewers are having with satelite pick up!!
I am using the app and website to record my activities and it also automatically links with Strava too.
Overall I am 100% chuffed to bits with my purchase. Fully recomment this gorgeous bit of kit!

Pure... 80S Remixes
Pure... 80S Remixes

5.0 out of 5 stars Extreme value for money, 17 Oct 2014
This review is from: Pure... 80S Remixes (Audio CD)
I love the 80's sounds and when I bought records...yes records...yes vinyls in that era I always got 12" versions as I felt one got ones monies worth.
This is no exeption! Absolutely love it. Yes there are one or two 'album fillers' but if you are into the 80's sound and love 'that extra beat' this is for you.
Strongly reccommend at this very modest price.

Vivitar DVR508 HD Digital Video Camcorder in Blue with 1.8" LCD Preview Screen & 4 x Digital Zoom

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN, 30 Sep 2014
Bought for my nephew to mess around and try his hand at film making.
He loves it and takes it everywhere.
Quality is what you'd expect for the price but the play back is great especially as it's 'just for fun'.
Worth every penny of the £20 I spent on it...yes just £20! Brillz!!

* 60 % OFF PROMO * Quad Core 7" 8GB HD Tablet PC - Android 4.4 KITKAT - Dual Camera - WiFi - Silicone Cover [September 2014 Model] (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars You will not be disappointed!, 30 Sep 2014
Was scepticle about purchasing this item as it was reduced in a 'promo' sale.
Well I was wrong to be so doubtful!
Feels solid and responsive. Loaded with Apps and widgets.
Not put anything on to the tablet yet as such but it's extremely fast at the moment.
Free silicon protective cover is a bonus too.
I got a leather tablet case with built in keyboard that attaches via mini usb port.(from separate seller)
This works most excellently and I have a mini laptop/notebook for use on the go.
Best purchase I've made for a while! Recommend!

Elegant Ivory Personalised Wedding Guest Book
Elegant Ivory Personalised Wedding Guest Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 6 Sep 2014
Lovely elegant surprise for my new wife. She was so pleased.
Service and care given by seller is second to non!
Highly recommend!