Profile for Mr. K. Brookes > Reviews

The Big Country - Westerns The Classic Collection
The Big Country - Westerns The Classic Collection
Offered by disks4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Top 5 films of a;ll time?, 23 Nov. 2014
This is probably the greatest romantic cowboy film ever made. The only downside is that the producers never made a sequel.

BT Big Button 200 Corded Telephone - White
BT Big Button 200 Corded Telephone - White
Offered by Eleze

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone for the elderly, 20 Feb. 2014
My friends laughed when they saw my new phone but their laughter waned after a while. I don't need to [put my glasses on to see the buttons and the volume and clarity of sound is better than any £500 techno cell phone. Best 20 quid I have spent this year. Well done BT!

48 Hours to a Healthier Life
48 Hours to a Healthier Life

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be free from the NHS!, 20 Feb. 2014
Actually this book should be the textbook for the main subject taught in every British and USA school and a GCSE in 'Human Health'.
There are over 5 million obese people in the UK and 20 times that in lovely USA. If we only understood what our bodies had to deal with - and our health service - as a consequence of dreadful eating habits, there would be no obesity and a healthy and very happy people.

The Hairy Dieters Eat for Life: How to Love Food, Lose Weight and Keep it Off for Good! (Hairy Bikers)
by Si King

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Jan. 2014
I've tried 10 recipes out of this book and the beef goulash is simply my favourite. I hope they do a new TV series as I'm waiting; super guys and deserving of all their hard earned success

Wahl 5545-427 3-in-1 Nose Ear and Eyebrow Hair Battery Trimmer
Wahl 5545-427 3-in-1 Nose Ear and Eyebrow Hair Battery Trimmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't, 23 Jan. 2014
While I don't like to say negative things about anything this little trimmer is not the most functional trimmer. So I've binned it!

Salter 9069 Ultra Slim Glass Electronic Scale - Blue
Salter 9069 Ultra Slim Glass Electronic Scale - Blue
Offered by Harts Of Stur

4.0 out of 5 stars Too accurate!, 23 Jan. 2014
Although I love this ultra slim machine I just wish it didn't tell the truth so consistently. Don't know how to change it from kilos to stones:-(

The Trevor Nelson Collection 2
The Trevor Nelson Collection 2

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped, 23 Jan. 2014
Television sells; well it did to me and after listening to my favourite record 'ain't nobody' by Rufus and Chaka Khan Trevor's selection didn't do anything for me. There are so many fabulous R&B and Smooth Jazz records out there but there's simply no-one to bring them together; SHAME!

Its Hard To Be Hip Over Thirty & Other
Its Hard To Be Hip Over Thirty & Other
by Judith Viorst

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of modern poems, 23 Jan. 2014
My daughter bought this for me a few years back for Christmas. I read it cover to cover in one sitting; laughed giggled and reflected on a life over 40. Simply brilliant, shame it's no longer in print.

Confidence Tricks - Presenter
Confidence Tricks - Presenter
by Antony Mars

4.0 out of 5 stars For those terrified of Public Speaking!, 23 Oct. 2013
In April of this year (2013) I had a panic attack as my daughter's wedding grew ever closer - June 1st. My greatest and only fear in life is public speaking and the oncoming nuptials were making me physically sick. So I had to do something about it after a little research I discovered that Alan lived just 15 minutes away from me in Hove. So I booked some 121 sessions. I bought this book and read it cover to cover. With my breathing exercises, how to stand properly and just talking out loud; the up coming nightmare looked less daunting week by week. I wrote my speech and practiced it over and over and it went down brilliantly. The events manager said it was one of the best speeches he had ever heard and I had to email 2 copies to guests. Like any skill in life you just have to practice to grow in confidence. I recommend you start your journey here. A book and a few 121's has overcome my greatest fear. Well done Alan this is a brilliant book.

TP-Link TD-W8960N 300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 Mar. 2013
I know ZERO about this stuff but my friend who is a WIZARD said it was easy to install, so it must be good. No problema at all after 3 months, well done.l

Page: 1 | 2