Profile for admanners > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Beginner's Guide to English Folk
Beginner's Guide to English Folk

5.0 out of 5 stars A great selection of fairly current folk music, 17 Sep 2014
A very good selection (3 CDs) of mainly fairly recent English folk music. I was surprised how up to date the music was not as many old tracks as I expected. However it is a good introduction to what is good in current folk music.

I Just Love Folk
I Just Love Folk

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good selection, excellent value., 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: I Just Love Folk (Audio CD)
A very good 3 CD selection of old Americana/ folk at a very good price.

Vigilante Man: Gems From The Topic Vaults 1954-1962
Vigilante Man: Gems From The Topic Vaults 1954-1962

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good collection at a great price, 17 Sep 2014
A very good selection of old Americana/ folk at a very good price.

Remedy
Remedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Up to their usual high standards, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: Remedy (Audio CD)
This CD is up to the high standard of their previous offerings although I don't think they'll ever better their first one!

Under Milk Wood (BBC Radio Collection)
Under Milk Wood (BBC Radio Collection)
by Dylan Thoams
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent version of this classic, 17 Sep 2014
This is an excellent version of this classic "radio play". Only thing that sort of spoils it, is having to change to the second CD for the second half, though obviously the whole play wouldn't fit on a standard CD.

Garmin Replacement FR405cx, Band Blue
Garmin Replacement FR405cx, Band Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars A great strap but fitting it is not easy, 2 July 2014
This replacement strap is identical to the original and as such a very practical flexible strap for wearing during exercise. However although a tool is supplied fitting this replacement is far from easy (in fact I found it very difficult). The video I looked at on youtube made it look simple, it might be after you've done it many times but since you will hopefully only do this once it is very fiddly one of those jobs where you could really do with an extra pair of hands!

Ghost Riders in the Sky
Ghost Riders in the Sky

4.0 out of 5 stars A classic westernn style track, 16 Jun 2014
I wanted to add this song to my collection but didn't need an album of songs so I downloaded the track. it is a classic and I personally like this version best but there are many versions of the song many of which are instrumentals.

The Common Linnets
The Common Linnets
Offered by Crawley Music

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely album, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Common Linnets (Audio CD)
Only bought this because I like their Americana style Eurovision song (which came 2nd in the contest). I was not disappointed it is a well produced album and the two vocalists produce lovely harmonies. At first I actually found the Eurovision song "calm after the storm" was one of the weaker songs but it has grown on me. The vocal style could be described as Everly Brothers (nothing wrong with that) and the music is mainly fairly "middle of the road" with a country/Americana edge but there isn't a poor track on the CD and you do get 13 tracks for your money.

Songs Our Daddy Taught Us
Songs Our Daddy Taught Us

4.0 out of 5 stars A classic album, 26 April 2014
A very early Everly Brothers recording. A bit of a classic but as you might expect from its title these are old songs. In true country tradition the subject matter of most of the songs is "sad"!

Sea to Sea Cycle Route Map: NCN C2C (National Cycle Network Route Maps) 4th Edition 2012
by Sustrans
Edition: Map

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what you need for the C2C, 26 April 2014
I's a map and gives all the basic information about the C2C route. A must if you are planning this cycle ride.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4