Profile for FRANKL FAN > Reviews

Content by FRANKL FAN

FRANKL FAN (High Wycombe UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Hi-Tec Eagle Wide Waterproof Trail Walking Shoes - 10
Hi-Tec Eagle Wide Waterproof Trail Walking Shoes - 10
Offered by B4BOOTSHOP

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT QUITE WHAT I EXPECTED, 7 Oct. 2014
First, I must say thank you to Hi-Tec for making a wide walking shoe. There must be lots of us with wider feet than the average and this year replacing my standard walking shoes (worn out after one year) has proved difficult, as the ones I've tried seem too tight across, even though they fit fine front to back. Either my feet are getting wider or the shoes are being made cheaper and cheaper.

I wasn't going to review these shoes, as they're not badly made, but just aren't great for me personally. However, Amazon have sent me a request so, all I'll say is that they aren't what I expected from the photo. I was looking for a pair of trainer-like walking shoes and the illustration seemed to show that. When they arrived, they're a cross between walking shoes and walking boots (IMHO). The sides are lower than standard walking boots, but the front upper is quite hard, like a walking boot.

The only other negative for me is that I've worn them twice now and the way the sides are cut means they are rubbing against my ankle on each side. I'm hoping they'll wear-in eventually.

These are just my personal problems with these 'shoes', but others may find they fit fine.

TomTom Start Classic 3.5" Sat Nav with UK and Western Europe Maps
TomTom Start Classic 3.5" Sat Nav with UK and Western Europe Maps

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZINGLY GOOD VALUE AND BETTER THAN GARMINS, 6 Aug. 2014
Bought this as two of my Garmins have stopped working and I'm too busy to go through the elongated Garmin repair system (they always tell you to push buttons and turn it on and off etc, but of course you can't because you've already told them the thing has simply stopped working - so I can't turn it on and off can I?!?)

I'd read some iffy reviews here of TomToms and had been put off trying one. But, for this price I figured if it stopped working or wouldn't take an update, then it's not the end of the world.

As it's turned out, I'm very pleasantly suprised. This is a good value item, with just about all the knobs and knockers you get on a much more expensive Garmin. Also, it's easier to attach direct to the windscreen than the Garmins. The size isn't a big deal. As it's so small and easy to fit, you can have it on the right hand side of the windscreen, so it's close to you as you're driving. Also, very good sound quality.

All in all, a very good buy. I'm intrigued and may not even send my other Garmins back, but just buy two more of these.....

Sakura Extra Heavy Duty/ High Back Car Seat Cover - Black (Single)
Sakura Extra Heavy Duty/ High Back Car Seat Cover - Black (Single)

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR MAZDA MX5 MK3, 6 Aug. 2014
Doesn't work in a Mazda Mk3 MX5. Unfortunately, the seat belts in this car are attached to the side of the seat, so you can't put the seat cover all the way down over the seat. Too much hassle to send them back at this price.

Best Breathe, anatomical nasal dilator, against snoring, for a restful sleep and to increase physical performance; 04011, 1 item each, sizes "M" and "S" (sizes mainly for women and children), with storage box, English, German and Italian leaflet
Offered by Official Distributor for Best Breathe

2.0 out of 5 stars JUST FOR BREATHING, NOT FOR SNORING, 6 Aug. 2014
As other reviewers have commented, they didn't work for me, in terms of reducing my snoring. However, when you read the pack carefully, I don't think it even mentions snoring. Mostly it refers to the benefits of keeping the nostrils open while you sleep. On that basis, I guess it works, but it makes no difference to my own snoring.

Kitchen Countdown Timer - Hours & minutes - large display and loud alarm - don't let your food burn again!
Offered by Winware

5.0 out of 5 stars SOLID KIT, 6 Aug. 2014
Not much you can say about this sort of item, except it does what it's supposed to. The alarm is nice and strong, so you can hear it over the telly in the living room. We have it stuck on the cooker (it's magnetic) and that seems to work fine.

Wisdom Clean Between Interdental Brushes 20 Count, Medium Green, 3 Pack
Wisdom Clean Between Interdental Brushes 20 Count, Medium Green, 3 Pack
Offered by Dental Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD ITEM, 6 Aug. 2014
These do the job and are quite robust.

Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer
Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for nose and ear hair, 6 Aug. 2014
Second time I've bought one of these. First one lasted a long time, but finally gave up the ghost. Very good for nose and ear hair, not to mention the little gadget that lets you tidy up your eyebrows.

Mens walking hiking trekking shoes trainers waterproof leather black (10)
Mens walking hiking trekking shoes trainers waterproof leather black (10)
Offered by footloose.shoes

2.0 out of 5 stars TOO TIGHT A FIT, 6 Aug. 2014
Simple review: shoes were delivered very quickly, but were too tight across the foot. Would suit people with narrow feet. Refund system was the usual simple thing with Amazon. No harm done.

Ancol Padded Dog Car Harness, Extra Large, Black
Ancol Padded Dog Car Harness, Extra Large, Black
Offered by Cotswold Engraving & Pet Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars FITS DOG OKAY BUT NOT THE CAR, 4 Jun. 2014
Received this the other day - very quick delivery. As per suggestions from other reviewers I 'went large' on the sizing and that worked too. However, the seat belt connector doesnt fit our car (a Volvo XC90). I'm looking at other options, but all the harness leads I can see online seem to have the same thin 'tongue' that just won't go into our seat belt restraints. So, three stars.

All-Green 6 Litre Biobag Compostable Kitchen Caddy Liners Food Waste Bin Liners, 150 Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 21 Mar. 2014
Now we've all got to go green or be shot, we had to buy some bags for our newly delivered food caddy (along with the other 200 bins).

Anyway, these are very good and the price is extremely reasonable. Nothing more to say really. Full marks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8