Profile for oliver mcfarlane > Reviews

USB Data Cable For Blackberry Playbook
USB Data Cable For Blackberry Playbook
Offered by T-I-S

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect!!, 10 Dec. 2012
I must admit I was a bit sceptical about buying this cable with it being so cheap but I received the cable quickly, plugged it in and it works perfect!!
Happy happy!

6 x BRIDGE PINS for ACOUSTIC GUITAR - cream with black dot
6 x BRIDGE PINS for ACOUSTIC GUITAR - cream with black dot
Offered by Hellfire Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitted to my Yamaha F310 and work well!, 10 Dec. 2012
Not much to say about Bridge pins but they fit my Yamaha F310 which is only a cheap guitar. But they fit perfect and work perfect, cheap and good quality.
Very happy.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (PC DVD)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Nuketown 2025 Edition (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game, some amazing levels best yet seen in the series!, 10 Dec. 2012
Im quite surprised at the amount of negaitive reviews on here. I have almost completed the Campaign mode and I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed most of it. I say most of it becuade the game is not perfect, but then no games really ever are perfect. The only thing I dont like about this game is when you have to tap buttons during sections of the game where you have to for example counter a melee attack etc. But there are moments in this game when I have been blown away by level design and gameplay. Are people becoming harder to please these days with games??
For example there is a level where you retreiving a target from a futuristic city. This level looks truly amazing in imagination and design, you eventually track this target down to a night club (undercover of course) as you approach the nightclub you can hear the music in the back ground getting louder and louder as you approach, everything is perfect, the queue's outside, the bouncers on the door all realistic, as you get closer to the night club and make your way down the stairs there are two girls sat on the stairs, one is absolutley hammered and the other is trying to comfort her, seen that a few times in real life!! Then you turn a corner into the actual nightclub and it looks AMAZING! The place is bouncing on the dance floor, laser lights and flashing lights, pounding bass (with good sound setup) men are trying to pull women, the woman looking less than impressed walks off in a huff, the man goes back over to his mates and they high five, amazing attention to detail, you then walk onto dance floor and find your target etc etc all hell breaks loose, shoot your way out protecting target etc........Anyway this is only one level but I'm trying to get across that there are really excellent parts to this game, I am finding it thouroughly enjoyable and entertaining and rate it 5 stars all day long, try it yourself without expectations and you will enjoy this.
You have a good mix of new idea's and staple diet Call of Duty. Which I find is good balance.
The futuristic weapons ideas are very clever and probably based on element of truth with existing weapon developments (if you watch discovery ha ha!!)
I agree some of the game is typical COD but thats we want too, There are a lot of inovations with this game and I rate it excellent.
Then you also have Zombie's to play too, Multiplayer and the squad based strike team missions which is kind of a advanced command and conquer deal, controlling units and ordering them via birds eye view, pretty good!!
Anyway, give it a try, see what you think!! I think Treyarch have done an excellent job.

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black
Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars FAULTY CONSOLE, 30 Nov. 2012
Not a review just friendly word of caution from life long Nintendo fan, Nintendo are brilliant but happened to get a dodgy one, a few of these dodgy ones have been produced with faulty graphics not displaying to tv,
Getting a lot of negative feedback for this but I just wanted people to know of this potential problem before spending over 300 pound, I'm sure these are fantastic when working,i cant get a replacement as I work away from home so will ask for refund,
I think this is helpful in case ur buying as gift for Christmas check it works,
Thankyou
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2012 2:56 PM GMT

BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Black - tablets (QNX, Slate, BlackBerry Tablet OS, Black, 2.1+EDR, 1024 x 600 pixels)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb tablet!, 16 Sept. 2012
I bought this for a very good price from curry's, im a regular amazon customer so wanted to review this on here just by saying its brilliant little tablet, good size, feels solid in your hand, good battery life of about 5 hours i have been getting although i did not let it run completely out, web browsing is fast and could reach the wireless hub in my living room to my converted loft which i was impressed with although it had reduced to half signal the web browsing was still very fast. Initial set up of the tablet is very easy it does not take long at all, I have been playing angry birds and need for speed which both run perfect, screen quality is excellent i was really surprised when i watch the free hd video you get on the playbook as a demo, really did not expect this tablet to be so good for the money.
There are loads of apps available on the apps store but it already had free docs to go which can open word and excel documents and edit them etc which i use for my work invoices so well happy, video and music playback spot on, had the tablet for a week now and 2 of my mates have gone and bought one.
my other mate who paid 600 quid for an ipad is devasted when he saw this running ha ha!!! and this had 64gb hard drive!! awesome!! the mini hdmi and usb require adapters though so dont forget to buy the hdmi one if you want to hook this up to your tv but it comes with mini usb for pc connection and also comes with neoprene sleeve.
well happy!!

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars These are brilliant!, 11 May 2012
These are brilliant, I live in an old house with solid walls, Got an office in my converted loft and the wireless signal was weak as my router is downstairs in the living room. I plugged these in and connected the ethernet cables and they just fired up . I have 30mb cable broadband and there is no loss of speed at all. Well happy!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC DVD)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Game ever created, 5 Dec. 2011
Over 35 hours into this game and it is simply stunning!! I have to say the game is full of surprises and attention to detail its like Oblivion on steroids! I run this game on high using a HD5870 I5 MSI gaming laptop and it runs great, the graphics and game design are excellent. I found myself coming across certain areas of the map and the graphics are truly breathtaking in some areas, the best I have seen. The immersion into the world of Skyrim is much helped with a good surround sound system or good headphones because they have made an excellent job on the audio side of things too.
You really cant appreciate this game until you play it, if you need to upgrade your system then now is the time!!
I found it took me a good 10 hours or so to get really absorbed into this game and now I cant get enough of it!!
Go on treat yourself lol!! This game will last a long long time!
Olly.

Twilight Of The Gods : The Mayan Calendar and the Return of the Extraterrestrials
by Eric von Daniken

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting and compelling read., 11 July 2011
I have read this book on the back of the twelth planet by Zacharia Sitchen. I found this book very compelling and easy to read. I like Erich von Daniken's writing style as he seems to get his information across with ease. This is his first book that I have read myself and I am now looking for another of his to read. Twilight of the Gods has given me a good insight into South American history(the version I believe in!!) and I am feeling the need to go visit myself!! Especially Puma Punku in Bolivia and also Machu Picchu in Peru.
I love this book!
I recommend this book to anyone with an open mind.

Darksiders Hellbook Edition (PC DVD)
Darksiders Hellbook Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Clearance Game Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very good game!!, 30 April 2011
I love playing this game. Great characters, great game design. The detail which have gone into the games enemies, demons and bosses etc is extensive and the game plays very well. You have very cool finishing moves and can upgrade you weapons, armour etc. I use the 360 gamepad for this which makes playing the game so much easier than when i first started using the mouse and keyboard which was quite awkward to be honest.
This game is mostly about the action but you sometime get "tomb raider" style puzzles. This game reminds me a little bit of fable with the 3rd person fighting style except this game has loads of different and cool fighting moves which suit the 360 pad perfect.
The RPG element of the game sees you collecting various upgrades, artifacts and relics. You collect sould from the dead enemies and environment which you can trade with a demon for extra moves, weapons upgrades etc.
This game overall just feels very satisfying to play and you feel your character "WAR" has great power and strength when you take down demons and monster the size of highrise buildings!!
Great fun to play i recommend this.
PS i did not buy this pack shown but bought it deirect from steam.
Thanks.

In Silico
In Silico

5.0 out of 5 stars The tempest - this track is unbelievably AWESOME!!, 30 April 2011
This review is from: In Silico (MP3 Download)
Every now and again through searching music you come across a certain song/tune that blows you away. And the one I found this year is "The Tempest" by Pendulum. Its a work of art.
I mainly listen to metal/rock music but I love pendulum.
May their work long continue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3