Profile for Rowan > Reviews

Moods of Future Joys: Around the World by Bike - Part 1
Moods of Future Joys: Around the World by Bike - Part 1
by Alastair Humphreys

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Mar 2014
In our book club we sometimes try to read a book out of our usual comfort zone. I suggested this book. It was recommended by a chap I talked to on a train. We all enjoyed it and it gave us an insight into Africa.

The Rose Of Sebastopol
The Rose Of Sebastopol
by Katharine McMahon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Rose Of Sebastopol (Paperback)
This was our book club choice. Most unusual as all of us liked it. I read this a month she and I now have more understanding about what is happening in the news about Crimea.

Life of Pee: The Story of How Urine Got Everywhere
Life of Pee: The Story of How Urine Got Everywhere
by Sally Magnusson

4.0 out of 5 stars Greet fun, 24 Mar 2014
Full of information and written in an interesting informative way. Good to pick up and read in bits. A great bathroom book.

Giving it Up: Daily Bible Readings from Ash Wednesday to Easter Day
Giving it Up: Daily Bible Readings from Ash Wednesday to Easter Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 24 Mar 2014
I have one copy on my kindle and thought it was do well written and full of good ideas, that I bought a paperback for a friend to read.

Emartbuy® Bundle Pack of 5 Capacitive/Resistive Touchscreen Stylus Pen suitable for Apple Ipad / Ipad 2 / Ipad 3 / New Ipad 4, Ipad Air, Ipad Mini & Ipad Mini 2 Tablet
Offered by emartbuyuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Mar 2014
Work well with mimi- ipad. I bought others which claimed to work but didn't , This is my second pack so I leave them all over the house!

The Medea Complex
The Medea Complex

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Medea Complex (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the first half of the book and found it gripping. The second half didn't seem to have been written by the same author. I finished the book and overall enjoyed it, but the police dialogue was strange.

Flight Behaviour
Flight Behaviour

2.0 out of 5 stars Just given up, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Flight Behaviour (Kindle Edition)
I was looking forward to another book by this author, but I have just strived still the point where I have lost interest. I got snout half way through and found it a struggle. There are loads of other books I can't wait to begin. Life is too short for this one. It needed editing snd then may have moved faster.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
I had to read this book for my book club. I look forward to our discussion in December. I couldn't put it down and enjoyed all the twists but I must admit the ending seemed a bit lack lustre as I had hoped for another twist.

The Catcher in the Rye
The Catcher in the Rye
by J. Salinger

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Catcher in the Rye (Paperback)
I am reading this for my book club. I have reached page 87 and decided that I a not wasting any more time reading such tripe. I am looking forward to the discussion on this book. I think it is a book to read when you are a teenage boy not an elderly woman. I was surprised to see we were able to read this in 1958 but not D.H.Lawrence who wrote such beautiful prose and poems.

Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet
Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 21 Oct 2013
A good story with lots of laughs. I am really enjoying this series of books. Just ordered the next one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6