Profile for Bagsy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Bulldog Handbook
The Bulldog Handbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Informative, 29 Sep 2014
This is an extremely informative and interesting book. It covers everything from the history to the care of Bulldogs. Anyone who owns or is thinking of getting a Bulldog will find this book helpful.

New Mens DUNLOP Black Brown Faux Leather Mule Slipper Quality Slippers Mules Sz = Black UK 9
Offered by Footwear Studio

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 12 Sep 2014
Comfortable slippers. What more can I say

Galactic Empire Wars: Emergence (The Galactic Empire Wars Book 2)
Galactic Empire Wars: Emergence (The Galactic Empire Wars Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 12 Sep 2014
Whilst I enjoyed the slaver wars and I am looking forward to the next book in that series. I really feel that the author has hit his stride with this new series of books. This second book in the series starts a couple of years on from the first - the survivors of the human race are settling in to habitats on asteroids around the solar system and feverishly preparing for the return of the Kleese. Not prepared to just build up their defences they raid Kleese outposts and look for help in the fight. There are lots of well thought out battles and we learn about different empires and also by the end of the book about a mysterious group of Kleese who are even more dangerous and ruthless than the current ones. Looking forward to the next book. Highly recommend this series.

The Verdict
The Verdict

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as John Grisham, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Verdict (Kindle Edition)
A really good legal thriller. The writing was very good and although legal thrillers are not my usual choice I do like John Grisham and I would compare this to something that Grisham has done. I do hope that this author continues with the lead character as this particular reviewer found him engaging and would be happy to read another book with him in it.

Their Darkest Hour
Their Darkest Hour

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from Chris Nuttall, 25 July 2014
What can I say this author keeps delivering the goods. Earth has been invaded and conquered. But this is not the end humans being humans fight back. This is not the normal type of earth resistance book where the good guys battle overwhelming odds and always win. This is much more realistic with people having to choose between collaboration or resistance and it is not always a straightforward choice. The book is set in occupied Britain and without spoiling the story it describes how such an invasion might work and how people react in different ways. Suffice to say the book ends on a hopeful note but there is going to be a lot of death and destruction to come before hopefully we are free. Highly recommended. If you have not read any of this authors works before please go and read them IMHO he is a highly talented and prolific author who seems to be able to turn out books at an incredible rate.

Out of the Black (Odyssey One Book 4)
Out of the Black (Odyssey One Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series - please do not let this be the end, 9 July 2014
I honestly think that this series has got better with each book. The battle for Earth is thrillingly told and the author has really surpassed himself with this book. The only thing is that according to the Amazon description on the website - this is it the end. Really the author cannot leave it like this. I really want to know what happens next and who the originators etc are. I can only hope that the author is going to continue the series so that we find out who are behind the Drasin and why they do what they do. If you are new to the series read them from the start. If you like military sc fi you can do a lot worse than read this series. Highly recommended

Barbarians at the Gates (The Decline and Fall of the Galactic Empire Book 1)
Barbarians at the Gates (The Decline and Fall of the Galactic Empire Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 5 July 2014
Another Chrs Nuttall hit. This author keeps coming up with the goods

Tower Lord: Book 2 of Raven's Shadow
Tower Lord: Book 2 of Raven's Shadow
by Anthony Ryan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, 5 July 2014
I really hoped that the author could maintain the standard of writing he displayed in the first book and whilst I enjoyed the book I did think that the multiple viewpoints were occasionally off putting though it did allow the author to explore different parts of the world and through that we did found out more about the enemy. I suppose what disappointed me was the fact Vaelin did not have more of the book and every time I was just getting into his character off we were to another character. So for that I have given the book 4 starts instead of 5 like the first book because I did still enjoy the book but I do not think it was as quite as good as the first. This does not mean that I won't be buying the third book in fact I cannot wait and I do thoroughly recommend the series to all fantasy readers

The Trafalgar Gambit (Ark Royal Book 3)
The Trafalgar Gambit (Ark Royal Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great conclusion to a great series, 16 Jun 2014
Chris Nuttall has done it again - he seems to turn out great books at an incredible rate. Without giving out too many spoilers let me just say that the author does not mind killing of some of his main characters but it suits the story. Once again the Ark Royal and it's crew are sent on an impossible mission with the future of the human race at stake. There is quite a bit of politics in this book but it is a necessary part of the story and there is still time for some battles and a final confrontation. If you have not read this series start with the first book in the trilogy. Well worth reading

Bosch - Season 1
Bosch - Season 1
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars well worth watching, 28 April 2014
I enjoyed this show and would like to see more. There were a couple of things that jarred though hence the four star rating. For some reason when shows are made for the web there seems to an excess of swearing as though because they cannot get away with it on mainstream US tv they make up for it with these type of shows. Please do not get me wrong I swear myself and was in the Navy so I am used to hearing it, but there was no real need for it in this program it just seemed to be there for the sake of it. The other thing was that surely if he was on trial he would have been suspended so though they tried to explain it, it didn't quite ring true.
Apart from those two little niggles though i enjoyed it and would definitely watch more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5