Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "sayresy" (Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Bluedio R+ Legend Verson Bluetooth Headphones Revolutionary 8 Tracks 8 Driver Units Supports NFC Aptx Bluetooth4.0 Deep bass music effect wireless Headphones on-Ear Headphones Retail-Gift Packaging - Legend Titanium Newly Release Whole world

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - REALLY GOOD - wireless headphones, 4 April 2014
Ever since mobile devices have had bluetooth, (quite a while) I have enjoyed wireless bluetooth . Saying that, in the early days there were some real crappy choices out there and I have owned a few of them.

I work as a gardener/handyman on a country park estate and having music pumped into my head while working is a must.. Conventional headphones (with wires) are no good as I end up getting tools tangled in the wire and have chainsawed many a decent pair of in-ears.

These Bluedio R+ bluetooth headphones are great in a few well thought out ways.

1. They sound excellent and while I like all kinds of music I enjoy playing bass driven music on my cans. These bad boys are well up for the challenge and bass is gooood...

2. The are really sturdy/comfy and even though they are large design and technically heavy, they don't feel heavy when worn. The shape and design is perfect for my big head and I can assure you that they don't slide about.. I was cutting back a bramble grove and this is the toughest test for headphones as I invariably get tangled up in thorns and the headset gets ripped off.. The Bluedios were up for the challenge and my ears were in music heaven while my body was in bramble hell.

3. The controls are easily accessible, even with gloves on, which is a first..One quick push of the on/off button and the headphones are on and connected. Hold the button for 4 seconds and they are off. If there is no paired device in the area then when you power up the headphones, they immediately search for devices. Didn't need to use the NFC.

4. The fact that the Bluedios have a micro SD card slot means that I can just load a whole bunch of mp3's onto the card and have all my music with me. Not a feature I have used yet but could be handy.

5. The telephone incoming answer facility has always been an attractive feature of bluetooth headphones and the Bluedio R+ has it nailed down. My caller could hear me and commented on how clear my voice sounded. Was also surprised that I was standing in the middle of a pond whilst talking. Hands-free is great when it works and on these headphones it works great.

FINALLY
Very shiny large style cans with a constant operational glowing blue light and easy use controls. Great bluetooth 4 connectivity with additional NFC. Built in SD card reader and supports most audio extensions. Comfy sturdy fit with over ear cups. AMAZING sound quality with bass and tops coming with equal gusto. Very durable and handle being dropped (so far).. Charge really quickly and when power is low the blue light turns red..The headphones come with an audio cable to tether to a device if bluetooth not available. ALSO - what a great price - under the ton..

ORICO AC525-2S Dual 2 Bay Full Aluminum 2 x 2.5 to 5.25 - inch Mounting Adapter 5.25 " to 2.5 " Hard Drive Bay mounting bracket Converter (5.25 to 2x2.5 Blue)
Offered by AOXINDA
Price: 14.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Evolution of the 5.25" bay, 11 Dec 2013
I have a Fractal R4 case and it is setup for Ultra use, that is creative content and gaming. I use SSD's and really hate HDD caddys that block up the front of the case reducing useful airflow. I mean what's the point in having two powerful fans pulling in fresh air when the flow gets tangled in those damn cages.

I removed both drive cages and just stuck my two SSD's onto the bottom of my case. Solved the problem of airflow but not a brilliant long term solution by any means. I was browsing through the amazon store and came across this contraption and once verified that it would cater for my two drives bought it. Had no hesitation ripping out my DVD optical drive as I had unplugged the thing a while ago, (use an external one when rarely needed)and waited for this contraption to be delivered.

Loved the fact that it was blue and a rugged aluminium body with all the fittings. It accepted my two EVO drives and so I popped it into the 5.25" bay and hey presto, problem solved.

Fitted like a glove and the design allows for maneuvering within the bay so that it can be positioned exactly how you want it.

Really good value for money and a brilliant innovation. Plan to buy another one soon as I need to expand my drives from two to three.

Hama PC Tool Kit (Professional)
Hama PC Tool Kit (Professional)
Price: 18.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy Toolkit for the money, 2 Dec 2013
Toolkit arrived today and it has all the tools I will need for PC shenanigans.

The screwdriver bits appear to be magnetic though not to sure about that.

I would have given this toolkit a 5/5 but there were a couple of screwbits missing from the pack which is a bummer.

I might send it back but to be honest I can replace these quicker myself though it was a shame all the same.

ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT - Sound card - 118 dB SNR - 7.1 - PCI Express x1 [PC]
ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT - Sound card - 118 dB SNR - 7.1 - PCI Express x1 [PC]
Offered by Kikatek
Price: 90.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good so far..., 24 Nov 2013
Ordered the Xonar D2x/DT sound card as like everyone else I was sick of the onboard supplied sound that is really terrible, especially when gaming.

Arrived nice and promptly and layered in packaging - so everything was in top shape when I unpacked it.

Once removed from the box I plugged it into the floppy power connector and found a spare molex and the plugging in was complete.

Slotted into the PCI-E slot and screwed down - power on and installed the drivers I had downloaded from ASUS website and it worked straight off the bat.

I have ordered a cheap 5.1 speaker system as I dont want to always be wearing headphones when gaming and I watch a lot of movies on my PC so I thought a mid range speaker system will run nicely on this card.. I will add my comments once the speakers arrive and I have chance to hook everything up..TBC...

It looks great in my case and I have a blue theme going on in my windowed Fractal R4 case and I know a lot of people have taken the cards shroud off and unplugged the orange light. Not me.. It is not a big deal for me having a variety of colors as long as it's not red and it is a pretty looking card so visually thumbs up 5/5 score.
I also like the fact that the rear sockets/ports for the RCA and SPDIF connectors light up the color assigned to that input. BRILLIANT got a nice rainbow light show going on behind my PC - you can never have too much color ..lol

Once I have used this card some and see how it works with a set of 70, 5.1 speakers I will add to my review.

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX780 Superclocked ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port, 384-Bit, 2560x1600, Nvidia 3D Vision Ready)
Price: 382.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a bat out of hell, 16 Nov 2013
Having previously owned a sparkle 660 Ti (which is an awesome card) I felt that it was time for an upgrade and was originally considering purchasing another 660Ti and running a SlI configuration. Seeking advice from tech forums and youtubers I finally decided that a total upgrade would be the better option. I also run Adobe cc which in some cases makes full use of the KUDA cores in video rendering and large file manipulation. I was going to get the 760 - then thought that for a few pounds more I should go for the top of the tree ( Titan excluded)and the EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX seemed to be the one. ALSO with the launch of the 780Ti the price of 780's has dropped quite considerably and this now gives me the option of buying a second 780 and running them in SLI.

The card OC's really easy and there are never any temp issues. It has space age fan technology and is soooo silent, even under load. Runs Adobe Premiere PRO with ease and has cut rendering times right down.

On the gaming front - all my games such as BioShock Infinite - Tomb Raider - BF4, etc all run on Nvidia ultra optimised settings and the 110 CPU in my card is rock solid and when I feel like tweaking the OC I can get this card up to 1200mhz stable.

Finally I recommend for 20 buying the EVGA 780 back-plate. Not only does it look awesome but the card is quite heavy and the back-plate really helps with avoiding warp and any possible damage. It gave me great pleasure presenting a friends 14 year old son with a gift of my old 660Ti for his rig. Now excuse me I have an appointment in Saints Row...

UPDATE
I have just ordered a second EVGA GTX780 to go SLI for the very first time. Arrives Sat 12th Apr... btw this card is rediculously cheap at the moment 379.99 and so worth the money.

ALSO
If your thinking of putting together an EVGA SLI setup and like a good looking build, then go to the EVGA website (EU) and treat yourself to the 2-3-4 way EVGA pro SLI bridge and back plate. Looks awesome and the SLI adapter lights up, lol..

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Price: 84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars SSD FTW, 16 Nov 2013
I bought this as the price seemed exceptionally good especially as it has had rave reviews in most PC journals as well as by tech channels on YouTube. It is a great and comes with a fantastic software bundle. As with most software it should be installed via the website as latest drivers and updates really make a difference.

I have this as my gaming drive and also run my Adobe creative cloud applications on it. Get rid of that clunky HDD and run your apps from a SSD. You will never look back. Adobe photoshop loads in seconds and gaming is just liquid smooth. I will be getting another to replace my Intel 330 SSD that currently runs my OS. For data storage I have a USB 3.0 Samsung 1TB external drive that for me is a better solution than having a clunky internal HDD. Sorry WD Caviar black but you are now heading for my NAS server when I build it.

[AIR CUSHION] Spigen Google Nexus 5 Case [Slim Armor] Air Cushioned Protective Case with Dual Layer for Nexus 5 (Smooth Black)
Offered by Spigen UK Store
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it fit - Yes it does, 16 Nov 2013
Ordered this reasonably priced protective case for my Nexus 5 at the same time of ordering my Nexus. They both pretty much arrived within the same time frame which was great. Well packaged the slim Armour was definitely made for this phone and slipped on really easy but not so easy as to not fit, it fits perfectly.

Other reviewers seem to have had issues with the fit and obstructing the power button etc. This is slightly alarming as it makes this case a bit of a lottery as far as quality control goes.. I seem to have been lucky as mine does exactly what it says on the tin.

The Nexus being a fairly bland phone as far as external design goes. It seems to have been designed for use with a case. I like that fact as I always put a protective case on my phones as (I guess) do most people. Paying for an external design concept on a handset (to me) just seems like a big waste of money.

I would say go with this case but BEWARE you may be unlucky and get a Friday afternoon constructed case that will have you tearing your hair out in frustration - personally mine is just great and adds to the look of the phone giving it a great rugged look-and-feel. I have dropped my phone and the case does it's job nicely...

Corsair CW-9060013-WW Hydro Series H90 140mm Rad Extreme Performance All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler
Price: 61.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool man, 14 Nov 2013
Decided that I would retire my BeQuiet DarkRock2 cooler and get myself a closed loop instead. I have a Fractal R4 (awesome) and do a bit of OC'ing but mainly just wanted to remove the big dominating air-cooler from my rig and as I have just bought a window panel and wanted the internals to look totally groovy, therefore decided on a rear push pull configeration, hence the H90.

Retired two of my Fractal fans and bought two Noctua 140mm. Yea I know they look weird, like the interior of a 70's Mercedes Benz, BUT they are (for the price) the best and soooo quiet.

The H90 fits perfectly into the rear of my rig and TBH on a case like the R4 a H100/110 would have been overkill and in this case would have been a tight squeeze.

The reason I have gone down to 4 stars is the cheap construction of the CPU cooler block, pump unit. Looks good, works fine but it is very plastic feeling and I believe there are some whiney noisey ones out there. I have been lucky and my PC is as quiet as can be.

Saying all that the actual radiator unit is well designed and very efficient. When tweeking my OC's I just don't need to worry about temps. MORE IMPORTANTLY it looks really good combined with all the other good stuff I have in my case..

btw if you are a fractal R4 case owner and you have the solid sided case and you fancy displaying your hardware - the windowed panel is really good quality and to a certain extent insulated. Cheap2

Chicken Manual: The Complete Step-by-step Guide to Keeping Chickens
Chicken Manual: The Complete Step-by-step Guide to Keeping Chickens
by Laurence Beeken
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The essential guide to everyThingChicken, 14 Nov 2013
Having recently started up a small scale free-range chicken project - without a book like this it would have been a really hard slog. We have Bantams as well as big egg laying hens. This book covers pretty much everything chicken - from illnesses and diseases to preparing a chicken for show. Brilliant addition to my knowledge base and for a NOOB chicken guy - essential.

Kingston Technology XMP Beast Series 16GB 2400MHz DDR3 CL11 DIMM Desktop Memory Module (Kit of 2)
Price: 120.99

5.0 out of 5 stars From 16GB to 32GB - beware of what OS you have, 12 Sep 2013
My specs - 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast RAM - Asus Z87 Pro MB - Intel 4770k CPU - Kingston HyperX memory cooler. Plenty of 140MM Fractal R2 silent running fans - beQuiet Dark Rock2 CPU cooler.

Been using HyperX Beast 2400mhz memory for a few months now and it does what it says on the tin - a constant 2390+ mhz clock, awesome.
Checking the prices on amazon I noticed that it was currently listed as being 130 so decided to get myself another two sticks and boost up to that 32GB sweet spot. Btw I am a content creator and will certainly make use of this extra RAM. If you are just gaming then this would be totally overkill, unless you rock an AMD APU.

CAUTION
Having installed the extra two sticks of RAM and booted up I noticed that the BIOS had accepted the new RAM and was giving me that 2400mhz clock. On inspection in windows I noticed that even though it was showing 32GB installed - it was only running 16GB of usable RAM. Mmmm - I asked around, as well as checking in with some of the guys that had previously bought this RAM to see if they had any idea what was up.

Contacted the Kingston support team and got a very prompt reply on my mobile (impressive) and they checked what version of windows I am currently using "Windows7 Home Premium", I replied. That was the problem. 16GB is the maximum that W7 HP will run. When W7 HP was released it was designed for a home user and 16GB would have been the most memory that a home user would ever need (apparently)..

CONCLUSION
32GB of kick-ass HyperX Beast will run on - W7 Pro - any windows 8 desktop version.

I wholeheartedly recommend this memory not just for the speed and groovy looks, but their support team was prompt and knowledgeable, the guy had even trawled through the MS windows forums to see if there was a patch that I could download to fix this problem. Luckily I have a copy of W8 Pro that I have now installed and everything is hunky-dory.
Have since done some video rendering on adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects and it flashes through. No problem getting the almost top clock of 2400mhz and I have the HyperX Beast memory cooler fan that is silent running and keeps MB and memory temps constantly low....
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2014 8:13 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7