Profile for MsMoose > Reviews

Content by MsMoose

MsMoose (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Good News Bible (Rainbow)
Good News Bible (Rainbow)
by Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought For An Adult, 18 Feb. 2012
I confess I bought this for myself since my old children's bible has seen better days and there is something nice about the colourful effect this bible offers rather than the classic adult version! I find the pictures comforting!

Children's Ward - The Complete Series 3 [DVD]
Children's Ward - The Complete Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jenny Luckcraft

5.0 out of 5 stars Such Fond Memories, 18 Feb. 2012
Having bought series 1 & 2 I had to buy series 3. Whilst these are obviously 20 years old I have fond memories of enjoying them growing up and to watch them now really makes me laugh! Series 3 focuses on seeing some of the same patients return and the series tackles issues such as Rheumatoid Arthritis in teens, another teen who needs a kidney transplant whilst on dialysis, hyperactivity, neglect and pregnancy as Keely and Billy finally welcome there new baby! Dr Woods get's married and Gary get's fired for hitting a child! The final scene sees the ward's boiler room on fire after a patient smokes in there and fails to extinguish the cigarette, leaving two patients trapped. I hope series 4 is released soon as I am dying to know what happens, I can't remember from 20 years ago!

Sleep - Reviving The Body & Spirit
Sleep - Reviving The Body & Spirit

4.0 out of 5 stars Soothing & Calming, 7 Feb. 2012
I cannot say this did anything specific to help me sleep, but it certainly is ideal as a way to relax and unwind before heading to bed. I found the music soothing and calming and it is certainly something that will be used frequently to aid restful sleep.

Greatest Ever Chillout
Greatest Ever Chillout

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value For Money, 7 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Greatest Ever Chillout (Audio CD)
I wanted something to listen to that would help me unwind in the house or car or in bed and decided to try this. It has a large selection of different music on here and the price represents good value for money.

100 Hits - Classical Chillout
100 Hits - Classical Chillout

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 7 Feb. 2012
I wanted something to listen to that would help me unwind in the house or car or in bed and decided to try this. It has a large selection of different classics on here and the price represents good value for money.

Tranquil Sleep
Tranquil Sleep

4.0 out of 5 stars Tropical Beach Dreams!, 7 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Tranquil Sleep (Audio CD)
Insomnia has plagued me on and off most of my life and I have often had to turn to prescribed medications to help solve sleep issues, however when they started to fail I thought about trying other options and found this on Amazon. I was very sceptical at first and even upon my first listen on my iPod I found it hard to imagine myself on this described tropical beach. However, several days after repeated listening I am finding it easier to sleep, or rather drift off to sleep rather than being in mind with my mind overworking for two hours before I sleep. Overall helpful, now opted to buy the relaxation CD as well to see if that can help me.

Shoot the Damn Dog: A Memoir of Depression
Shoot the Damn Dog: A Memoir of Depression
by Sally Brampton

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Read, 7 Feb. 2012
This was given to me by a friend when I recently experience a severe bout of depression. I struggled to read it but persevered and was amazed at how Sally put across in words what I was experiencing, I felt like someone was writing what I was feeling. A recommended read for anyone wanting to recover from depression or for people wanting to understand what it is like for friends and family to go through periods of depression.

Children's Ward - The Complete Second Series [DVD]
Children's Ward - The Complete Second Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicola Stephenson

5.0 out of 5 stars Series 2 - Fantastic Classic Children's TV, 4 Dec. 2011
Continues where series 1 finishes, some of the original staff are missing but Dr Woods, Mags, Diane and Student Nurse Gary are back (Gary's nursing skills seem to have improved!).

Keely is no longer the patient, but makes a discovery, which tests her patience in the relationship she is still having with ex-patient Billy. Dawn is terrified of an operation to remove her spleen, how will the patients and staff cope when things do not go to plan!

It's hard to think that it is 20 years since I use to come home from school, tape this (on those things we had called video recorders) so I could continually re-watch it, I surprised myself by actually remembering some of the lines word for word in this series! I was 12 when this was screen on TV! It is classic children's TV, filmed in and around my local Bolton Hospital, (the opening picture of the front of the hospital has in fact just been knocked down to make way for a new car park!).

I had to laugh at some of the conditions being treated on the ward, these days you would be lucky to get an overnight bed for tonsillitis let alone a three / four week stay for something like psoriasis (Lisa). Still it is good to reminisce about the old days and this was one of my favourite TV shows when I was a kid. However I do note the copying of the original to DVD is not perfect, but then I suppose it is difficult to salvage things from the pre digital age.

This series deals with many serious issues including gang warfare, stabbings, suicide, death, and teen pregnancy!

Charmschool
Charmschool
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good But MIssing Marie's Demo's, 1 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Charmschool (Audio CD)
I see another management failure from Roxette over the fact this album has not been released here in the UK! I cannot understand the mentally when Roxette played to 12,000 people at Wembley in November this year and have scheduled 3 dates in the UK for July 2012!

This is a great album a double disc containing demos from the latest album `Charm School' they are good but missing are the unpolished versions of Marie Fredriksson's demo's, I am sure they exist but for some reason they are not here and that is a tad disappointing. Still as a fan I am happy with this album, and the chance to get these demo's within a year of the original album release.

Roll on the release of Tourism 2 in 2012 some fabulous recorded stuff coming from the current Roxette tour!

Way Out [2-Track]
Way Out [2-Track]
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous B-Side, 1 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Way Out [2-Track] (Audio CD)
Another single from "Charm School" and a great release although not officially released in the UK, cannot understand the mentally of the management with this when Roxette played to 12,000 people at Wembley in November this year, what an evening!

The B-side of this CD is Crash! Boom! Bang! This was never a favourite song of mine from the original album of the same name, but the live version recorded in Brussels in 2001 is spine tingling! Worth buying just for the B-side!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10