Profile for MsMoose > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Greatest Ever Chillout
Greatest Ever Chillout

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value For Money, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Greatest Ever Chillout (Audio CD)
I wanted something to listen to that would help me unwind in the house or car or in bed and decided to try this. It has a large selection of different music on here and the price represents good value for money.

100 Hits - Classical Chillout
100 Hits - Classical Chillout

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 7 Feb 2012
I wanted something to listen to that would help me unwind in the house or car or in bed and decided to try this. It has a large selection of different classics on here and the price represents good value for money.

Tranquil Sleep
Tranquil Sleep

4.0 out of 5 stars Tropical Beach Dreams!, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Tranquil Sleep (Audio CD)
Insomnia has plagued me on and off most of my life and I have often had to turn to prescribed medications to help solve sleep issues, however when they started to fail I thought about trying other options and found this on Amazon. I was very sceptical at first and even upon my first listen on my iPod I found it hard to imagine myself on this described tropical beach. However, several days after repeated listening I am finding it easier to sleep, or rather drift off to sleep rather than being in mind with my mind overworking for two hours before I sleep. Overall helpful, now opted to buy the relaxation CD as well to see if that can help me.

Shoot the Damn Dog: A Memoir of Depression
Shoot the Damn Dog: A Memoir of Depression
by Sally Brampton

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Read, 7 Feb 2012
This was given to me by a friend when I recently experience a severe bout of depression. I struggled to read it but persevered and was amazed at how Sally put across in words what I was experiencing, I felt like someone was writing what I was feeling. A recommended read for anyone wanting to recover from depression or for people wanting to understand what it is like for friends and family to go through periods of depression.

Children's Ward - The Complete Second Series [DVD]
Children's Ward - The Complete Second Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicola Stephenson

5.0 out of 5 stars Series 2 - Fantastic Classic Children's TV, 4 Dec 2011
Continues where series 1 finishes, some of the original staff are missing but Dr Woods, Mags, Diane and Student Nurse Gary are back (Gary's nursing skills seem to have improved!).

Keely is no longer the patient, but makes a discovery, which tests her patience in the relationship she is still having with ex-patient Billy. Dawn is terrified of an operation to remove her spleen, how will the patients and staff cope when things do not go to plan!

It's hard to think that it is 20 years since I use to come home from school, tape this (on those things we had called video recorders) so I could continually re-watch it, I surprised myself by actually remembering some of the lines word for word in this series! I was 12 when this was screen on TV! It is classic children's TV, filmed in and around my local Bolton Hospital, (the opening picture of the front of the hospital has in fact just been knocked down to make way for a new car park!).

I had to laugh at some of the conditions being treated on the ward, these days you would be lucky to get an overnight bed for tonsillitis let alone a three / four week stay for something like psoriasis (Lisa). Still it is good to reminisce about the old days and this was one of my favourite TV shows when I was a kid. However I do note the copying of the original to DVD is not perfect, but then I suppose it is difficult to salvage things from the pre digital age.

This series deals with many serious issues including gang warfare, stabbings, suicide, death, and teen pregnancy!

Charmschool
Charmschool
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good But MIssing Marie's Demo's, 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: Charmschool (Audio CD)
I see another management failure from Roxette over the fact this album has not been released here in the UK! I cannot understand the mentally when Roxette played to 12,000 people at Wembley in November this year and have scheduled 3 dates in the UK for July 2012!

This is a great album a double disc containing demos from the latest album `Charm School' they are good but missing are the unpolished versions of Marie Fredriksson's demo's, I am sure they exist but for some reason they are not here and that is a tad disappointing. Still as a fan I am happy with this album, and the chance to get these demo's within a year of the original album release.

Roll on the release of Tourism 2 in 2012 some fabulous recorded stuff coming from the current Roxette tour!

Way Out [2-Track]
Way Out [2-Track]
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous B-Side, 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: Way Out [2-Track] (Audio CD)
Another single from "Charm School" and a great release although not officially released in the UK, cannot understand the mentally of the management with this when Roxette played to 12,000 people at Wembley in November this year, what an evening!

The B-side of this CD is Crash! Boom! Bang! This was never a favourite song of mine from the original album of the same name, but the live version recorded in Brussels in 2001 is spine tingling! Worth buying just for the B-side!

The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book
The Book That's More Than Just a Book - Book
by Peter Kay

5.0 out of 5 stars A Trip Down Memory Lane!, 1 Dec 2011
Finally bought it and read it in under 4 hours - my neighbours in the flat above must have thought I was inhaling laughing gas or something I laughed that much! Yes I am Bolton born and bred and of a similar age to Mr Kay but this book is a must have for anyone who just wants a good giggle, I am sure some of the people in their 30's can easily relate to the growing up area's! Some of the things written in here were so true to my way of growing up, the bit where dad lit the fireworks I felt I was reading about my dad!

The restaurant scenario, the video shop, eBay, online shopping and being sent the wrong thing often something completely different what you ordered (think we shop at the same local online store Mr Kay!)

The iPod and incident with Nana, reminded of trying to teach dad to use an MP3 player several years ago, it is still stuck in the drawer unused! Please don't get me started on the Careline setting, how much that reminded me of my own grandparents moving into the sheltered bungalow in the 80's and the orange Careline cord was tied so high to the ceiling it would have been near damn impossible for anyone to reach it if they were stuck on the floor! "Don't press that button you'll have the warden round!" was often shouted as I walked past the hallway!

A fabulous laugh and how I plan to have some fun with my shatterproof ruler in my evening class next week... please don't call the college and if you read in the Bolton paper next week "Girl arrested for shatterproof ruler incident at local college" it will be me and you know where I got the idea from! Although first I think I will back my books in some wallpaper, now where is that stash of anaglypta!

Buy the book, share it with friends, but trust me you wull laugh - if you don't then see a doctor for some drugs!

Social Policy
Social Policy
by John Baldock

4.0 out of 5 stars British Social Policy, 30 Aug 2011
This review is from: Social Policy (Paperback)
This came recommended and so I picked up a copy cheap. Great book, big but full of informative information, as much as I love my Kindle I still like my books like this, I prefer sitting and reading them and could not imagine reading something so in depth on a Kindle. I bought a couple of Social Policy books but picked up this because it focussed on Britain and I am pleased I did, I am sure it will be very useful for my studies!

100 Hits: Drive Time
100 Hits: Drive Time

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Gift For The Old Man!, 30 Aug 2011
This review is from: 100 Hits: Drive Time (Audio CD)
A perfect gift for my dad from the dog. It is just not worth copying CD's like I use to for the car when you can buy compilation boxsets like this for the price. Fantastic range of music perfect for driving out in the car or even listening in the house!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10