Profile for MsMoose > Reviews

British National Formulary (BNF) 63
British National Formulary (BNF) 63
by Joint Formulary Committee

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Mar. 2013
I recommend any student nurse to have a copy of the BNF, an older version really helps when it comes to learning about drugs and what varying medications are used for!

The Rough Guide to Sweden
The Rough Guide to Sweden
by James Proctor

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Bought to Replace an Old Version!, 30 Mar. 2013
Bought to replace a very old 90's version since I am planning to spend some time in Sweden again this summer. An excellent book, very informative and up to date! I highly recommend this book for people planning to visit Sweden, especially if they are avoiding the cities and exploring the towns and countryside Sweden has to offer!

Mental Health Nursing Skills
Mental Health Nursing Skills
by Patrick Callaghan

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 30 Mar. 2013
Recommended for 1st year student nurses, if you only buy one book buy this one. I found this book really informative and easy to navigate through!

Fundamentals of Mental Health Nursing
Fundamentals of Mental Health Nursing
by Victoria Clarke

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 30 Mar. 2013

Philips HR1861 Whole Fruit Juicer - Aluminium
Philips HR1861 Whole Fruit Juicer - Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value!, 15 Mar. 2013
I am not new to the world of juicers I have previously had two cheap own brand ones which lasted six months and eight! I loved being able to create fresh juices so decided this time to buy one with a brand name and a slightly higher price tag. I saw the Philips HR1861 and read several reviews and each one seemed to praise the product so I bought it, for a rather good price of £61.99.

As soon as it arrived I had a go, throwing various fruits in there just to test it out, I created a delicious fresh apple, pear, lemon and blueberry drink. I noticed right away that the pulp left was dryer than previous juicers I had owned and it seemed to create more juice. Did not have to peel fruit before hand, although it is recommended to remove skins from oranges, lemons, etc which I did with a vegetable peeler!

Cleaning it is easy, simply scrape away the pulp and rinse it through, and it is done, leave to dry and you are eager to go again. I do not own a dishwasher!

Overall it looks smart, modern and fits in with the rest of the kitchen appliances, it's not too big and could easily be stored in one of my kitchen cupboards!

Next up I am trying carrots and oranges!

TTfone TT180 - Senior Mobile Phone - Big Button - Large Display - FM radio - QUAD BAND - Torch function - SOS button - New Design

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Designed For The Elderly, 18 Oct. 2012
I bought this for my dad, no sooner had it arrived I realised that being cheap and cheerful does not equal a phone that is good value.

As a younger person, I even struggled to set up this phone for use by my elderly father. Imputing numbers into the phonebook is difficult and you are unable to turn off the silly predictive text, so you have to set it each time you wish to write something.

Making a simple call is not easy neither, normally you dial a number and press the green button, but with this phone, you have to press (really hard) the button twice before it dials.

Also you cannot turn off the annoying clock which tells you the time every hour.

Returning to buy a better phone.

The Student Nurse Handbook second edition
The Student Nurse Handbook second edition
by Bethann Siviter BSc(Hons) RN DN Cert Dip HE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For University Preparation & 1st Years!, 5 May 2012
I first come across this book in the local library and had hold of it for six weeks before I actually got around to looking at it. I found it so informative and helpful that I knew I had to buy a copy. I consider this a handy book for people waiting to start training at university or those in their 1st year.

It covers a multitude of topics and gives helpful informative information on things like clinical placements, drug calculations, preparing and writing winning assignments as well as how to avoid plagiarism. It also has tips on coping with stress, how to understand nursing models as well as medical terminology and other nursing jargon. It also covers legal and ethical issues.

As a mature future nursing student, I found this guide an essential purchase for preparation to university! Older students don't be put off by the cover, it really is a great book for anyone regardless of age considering a career or starting a career in nursing!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2013 10:29 AM GMT

Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide 2012
Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide 2012
by Judith A. Barberio

3.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Sized & Handy!, 5 May 2012
A handy pocket book for nurses, perhaps a qualified nurse, rather than someone training unless you are already familiar with medical terms. A found the book informative and up to date but the writing very tiny - certainly needed my glasses!

Berlitz Language: Swedish In 60 Minutes (Berlitz in 60 Minutes)
Berlitz Language: Swedish In 60 Minutes (Berlitz in 60 Minutes)
by Berlitz
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good But Lacking A Book, 4 May 2012
Talar du svenska? (Do you speak Swedish?) No?... then if you are perhaps considering a weekend away to Sweden and are keen to learn some phrases or words to make the experience of a trip to Sweden more enjoyable then I recommend this CD for you.

It contains in sections basic Swedish, from introductions, counting, days of the weeks, shopping and how to ask generalise questions. There is no textbook with it just a handy guide, so you either need to be good at memorising things in order to use what you learn for a holiday or buy an additional phrase book to carry with you and I recommend this one: Berlitz: Swedish Phrase Book & Dictionary (Berlitz Phrasebooks).

I first used Berlitz to learn Swedish in the 90's and now 15 years later I speak it fluently through starting with them and other books I have learned from as well as endless trips to Sweden over the years!

Everyone in Sweden speaks English, especially the younger generations, so you can get away with learning nothing, but if you are the kind of person who wants to make an effort to learn just a few things then this will set you in the right direction!

Hejda! (An informal goodbye in Swedish!)

Berlitz: Swedish Pocket Dictionary: Swedish-English = Engelsk-Svensk (Berlitz Pocket Dictionary)
by Berlitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Small Pocket Sized, 4 May 2012
This is a handy pocket dictionary, but has a limit on the words it contains for those who may be fluent in Swedish; ideally, it is suitable for a beginner / learner of Swedish who just wishes to expand their vocabulary a little more. I bought it to slip into a bag when I am travelling!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12