Profile for Mr. G. J. Walker > Reviews

Content by Mr. G. J. Walker

Mr. G. J. Walker "dr_zsasz" (Leicester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Adidas Taekwondo Martial arts inspired Mens Trainers Black Size 9 UK
Adidas Taekwondo Martial arts inspired Mens Trainers Black Size 9 UK
Offered by MA sports uk
Price: 32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recovery Aid to Keep Training, 29 July 2014
I bought these to help me practice Tae Kwon Do while recovering from a recurring foot injury. I was a bit worried they would hamper my patterns and general footwork but they were surprisingly forgiving through Chon Ji, Hwarang and Choong-Moo. Apart from the odd sensation of not being able to steady myself using my toes these are excellent, and friction didn't appear to be a problem.

They are pretty comfortable (worn today straight out of the box), and allowed me a relatively pain-free session.

Dark Eden
Dark Eden
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Random and riveting, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dark Eden (Kindle Edition)
The whole story is a bit random but absolutely riveting. The character-specific first-person narrative adds an excellent dimension to the story. If your looking for sci-fi epic this isn't it. If you're looking for a well scripted, thoughtful story with a sci-fi twist look no further.

Micro black
Micro black
Offered by Fun 4 Kids
Price: 149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. I'll take two!, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Micro black (Sports)
I had this bought for me for my birthday a few weeks ago and I love it. The main reason for the purchase was so I could go scooting with my daughter, but I wanted something that would last and I could get some speed up on. This has hit the mark in all cases; not only does my daughter (only 3) scoot better on her Microscooter after just one outing, but it has been taken through its paces to excellent effect. The best thing about this scooter is that you can fold it in half and drop the handle bars easily which allow it to fit nicley under the table in a pub. I will be purchaing a second one of these for my wife at the end of the month!

There are some words of caution regarding foot size highlighted on some other reviews: I have size 10 feet and fit comfortably on the foot plate, but there is a fine line between standing fully on the foot plate and touching the break. Any bigger, or while wearing bigger shoes, you may struggle to stand comfortably.

vN: The First Machine Dynasty (The Machine Dynasty Book 1)
vN: The First Machine Dynasty (The Machine Dynasty Book 1)
Price: 4.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story; bit slow, 3 Oct 2013
I did enjoy this story, but is was very slow. I was left feeling that it could have been told in far less pages and still had the same effect. It's modelled on Dick and Clarke, with some nice references and parallels with Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and I, Robot. Good story and well worth a read.

Thundercats Mug. Lion O vs Mummra Mug
Thundercats Mug. Lion O vs Mummra Mug
Offered by Kapow Gifts
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooooo, 3 Sep 2013
Been getting back into Thundercats recently as I have introduced my daughter to it. So this mug is nicely geek. It's also a well made mug with a decent print that shows no sign of degradation after multiple dishwasher cycles

Playtime
Playtime

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited but it's free, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Playtime (App)
Four nice little games, but got through them all with my daughter in about 30 minutes. Couldn't play one if the Octonauts levels on my Kindle Fire as it requires a microphone

Thundercats 10cm Action Figure: Cheetara
Thundercats 10cm Action Figure: Cheetara
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online
Price: 9.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Detachable limbs?!?, 27 Aug 2013
Good figure. Nicely stylised. But why does Cheetara have detachable limbs?!? I bought this for my daughter who promptly lost an arm on the way back from the post office (later recovered).

Thundercats Keyring. Logo Enamel Metal Keyring
Thundercats Keyring. Logo Enamel Metal Keyring
Offered by Kapow Gifts
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Silver not black, 27 Aug 2013
The Thundercats symbol is silver on red, not black on red as indicated by the picture. Still excellent and worth the money.

Offline Maps
Offline Maps

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Offline Maps (App)
Very poor user interface on Kindle version. The functionality appears to be there but it is not at all intuitive. Not a good app.

Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal
Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal

3.0 out of 5 stars Good app but slightly glitched, 5 May 2013
This is a good app for recording your daily food intake when watching your calories. The online database is extensive and it is pretty versatile when selecting quantities, volumes, masses, etc. Couple of bad points: it is a bit American in its selection criteria; and it's recently developed some glitch that takes me to random websites without hitting the various adverts that riddle these free apps.

Page: 1 | 2