Profile for JR > Reviews

JR

Panasonic KX-TG6813EB Trio DECT Cordless Telephone Set
Panasonic KX-TG6813EB Trio DECT Cordless Telephone Set
Price: 53.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Muffled speak sound -- Awful and trying to return them!, 17 April 2014
The phones look and feel great. Easy to set up and altogether wonderful... Until you make a phone call and realize you can't hear the person on the other end of the call! The sound is so muffled that the phones are completely useless. I battled on with them for a few weeks, but I now realize that they either need to be sent back or thrown in the bin... Very frustrated!

Isle Of Jura Superstition Whisky 70 cl
Isle Of Jura Superstition Whisky 70 cl
Offered by Drink Finder
Price: 33.38

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Irish but I love scotch!, 7 Mar 2014
Jura is a great, full flavored whiskey, and at 25 on Amazon it is a steal. Got it delivered to the door for free too! A wee splash of water and I am a happy man!

Pink Size Adjustable Sheet Music Stand with Page Holders and Carry Bag
Pink Size Adjustable Sheet Music Stand with Page Holders and Carry Bag

2.0 out of 5 stars Questionable - J Rea, 29 Nov 2013
Thought it was okay initially, but the sliding bracket to hold up the head of the stand bent when my 9 year old tried to fold it for storage. I was able to straighten it out but I don't think the stand will 'stand' the test of time! Also, the thumb screws for clamping each adjustment in place look vey flimsy. In summary, I suppose it is okay for 10 quid, but not for the professional or even the semi-professional musician.

Koss Porta Pro Stereo Over-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black/Silver
Price: 28.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cans - what's up with the headband and cable?, 12 Dec 2012
When I first tried to put these on I nearly strangled myself on the cable, pulled my hair on the sliding headband and couldn't work the little switch thingys on the side. I had pretty much decided to send them back before listening to them! Then I plugged in the music! Wow! The sound is awesome for such a cheap set of phones! I have a set of Shure in-ears that cost over 150, and they don't come close to these little babies! But seriously? The guys at Koss need to do something with the headband and cable to bring them up to modern expectations! I will be keeping these, but I am already wading through the various websites for mods to improve the headband!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2012 1:31 PM GMT