Profile for Andrew Purdy > Reviews

Andrew Purdy

LaCie Hard Disk 2TB, Design by Neil Poulton
LaCie Hard Disk 2TB, Design by Neil Poulton

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing!, 27 Nov. 2011
I have many years experience using a variety of external hard drives, for example from Western Digital. This drive from LaCie is awful! It seems to be incompatible with OSX 10.6 even after reformatting. I contacted LaCie suggesting that the firmware of the drive needs updating but they told me contact Apple about their drive! I haven't returned the drive to Amazon as I needed to backup my data and managed to find a workaround to problems.

The only way I can use this drive for backing up an iMac is to first connect the iMac in Disk Target mode to another Mac running 10.5 together with the LaCie connected to the other Mac and then use the finder to transfer files!

I wish I had got a Western Digital instead. Which is what I recommend you do and avoid this piece of nicely designed rubbish.

SKS Mud Guard Xtra Dry MTB - Black, 26 Inch
SKS Mud Guard Xtra Dry MTB - Black, 26 Inch
Offered by mega-bikes - professional bicycle parts - fast shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars Rear Great - Front One not so, 5 Feb. 2011
This review is from: SKS Mudguard X-Tra Dry (Sports)
Does its job very well - and great that it unclips easily (if you want to remove them on hot dry summer days).

However, the matching front guard is not so good - the attachment on mine broke and was prone to falling off!