Profile for Robert K > Reviews

Content by Robert K

Robert K "Lego Fan, Photograph Mad, Rabbit Loving, Hard Working Husband." (Northamptonshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Manner Lemon Wafers75 g (Pack of 12)
Manner Lemon Wafers75 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best., 3 Mar. 2016
First experienced theses in Austria (Wien) and loved them from the off!

Great tasting wafer with tangy lemon filling, wrapped in 10 bit size pieces. Love them. Always wanting more!

Braun HC5010 Hair Clipper
Braun HC5010 Hair Clipper

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun HC5010., 3 Mar. 2016
I received this product (HC5010) for free from Braun.

Although I have only used the Braun Hair Clipper once, I am already loving it. I am used to corded hair clippers and to be honest found them a bit awkward to use due to the wire (and being a leffie)

The cordless Braun clippers have a long battery life, they claim aprox 50 minutes usage from a charge (but ive only used them for 15 minutes so have not been able to test that claim), and the box boasts that it has two batteries which I it surprising as it doesn't feel too heavy.

At first is was unsure about the built in length guide - i was worried mid way through cutting the length would change id id end up with some funky, weird hair cut. But the guide if firm and does not feel like its going to move unexpectedly.

The clippers are also not too noisy - my Whal mains operated ones were very noisy (even after a full service) compared to the Braun.

The clippers are comfortable to use, with a nice feel to the grip regardless of the way you are holding them (I personally find i have to hold in different orientations depending on what part of my hear I am at) which made for comfortable usage whilst trimming my hair.

Why Have I only given 4 stars? It would have been nice for a pouch to be included to keep everything together. Thats the only thing I can fault.

LEGO Technic 42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 Truck
LEGO Technic 42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 Truck
Offered by Firewire Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lego/Mercedes link up., 29 July 2015
Excellent product, and great amazon service. Delivered a day before estimate delivery date.

I found building the model pretty straight forward. Most of the bags are numbered for ease of building and the instructions are very clearly printed and easy to follow. There are c 2500 pieces in the set, and the instruction manual is just shy of 500 pages so not for the novice builder. The model took me aprox 8-9 hours to build.

Product is very realistic, just like the Volvo loader from last year, and on the box are some pictures and specs of the real thing. Has plent of movement - outriggers, tiping cargo hold, rotating grabber. Phumatics to control movement in the grab, though the only downside is that lowering the main/bottom pump results in a very quick uncontrolled drop of the arm which is not realistic. Otherwise really good, fun and educational model.

Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scales - White
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scales - White

5.0 out of 5 stars good addition to my Fitbit charge., 25 July 2015
Very impressed with this scale. An existing Fitbit user having recently procured a charge (and wife has the flex) and wanted something to monitor weight. I looked at other scales but the Fitbit aria really appealed with the wifi function allowing me to add multiple users and have data automatically synced to out Fitbit accounts.

The set up was easy, though I was disappointed that you had to go on line to look at the instructions - my package didn't have a guide or much more than basic instructions. Once set up very easy to add extra users.

Device has nice easy to read display which is backlit for easy reading in duller rooms. I can't comment on the battery life, not had long enough to comment.

The only con I have found so far is that if for any reason your wifi or Internet is down, the device will not upload your weight to Fitbit (obviously) I don't know if it will then upload once if can get a connection or if the reading will be lost. Will update if I find out!

Helly Hansen Dublin Backpack - Ebony, One Size
Helly Hansen Dublin Backpack - Ebony, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable price, quality back pack., 25 July 2015
I was looking in discount sport brand stores for a cheap backpack and was finding the range limited and not cheap like they were last time I needed a back pack (though I admit this was 15+ years ago!)
I decided to check online and as an existing Helly customer was impressed when I saw this.

The pack is of Great quality, well made, reasonable priced backpack. Large storage/carriage capacity of 33l. I have carried in excess of 15 kgs in the bag on multiple occasions and the stitching is holding well.

The straps and back are padded for comfort and there are two zipped sections with an internal pocket and two outer mesh pockets.

Masterplug SRGAUSBPW Surge Protected Mains USB Charger
Masterplug SRGAUSBPW Surge Protected Mains USB Charger

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better., 17 May 2015
I saw this and though 'Well doesnt that solve some problems in the bedroom!'

Problem being, the need to have a bedside light, smart phone, and an ipad generally plugged in over night but with only one socket next to the bed deciding which to plug in.

Well, to start. When plugged in the devices light is very bright! I sleep in a very dark room and thats the way I like it, so for me unsuitable in the bedroom in its out of the box form. I have resorted to taping over the lights, but this isnt perfect and looks messy. Secondly, great for when the ipad is not in use, but doesnt deliver enough power to charge the ipad whilst in use like the original apple charger. not a massive problem, but would have expected more power.

How I Created Katie Hopkins by Adolf Hitler
How I Created Katie Hopkins by Adolf Hitler

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 17 May 2015
Utter rubbish! Struggling to work out why I bothered with in the first place. Can only put it down to drunkenness on a Saturday night!

The Instant Classical Collection - 100 essential classical masterworks
The Instant Classical Collection - 100 essential classical masterworks

2.0 out of 5 stars A good selection of classical tracks, 17 May 2015
A good selection of classical tracks, ideal more for someone who is starting out, but any classical music fans will most likely have the tracks in their collection.

Blackspur BB-SA109 Palm Sander Pad
Blackspur BB-SA109 Palm Sander Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality sanding sheets perfect for use on a Black ..., 17 May 2015
Good quality sanding sheets perfect for use on a Black & Decker Mouse. In my view, as good as the expensive branded products. Will buy again.

a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars What can you say about the Amazon gift certificate that ..., 17 May 2015
What can you say about the Amazon gift certificate that hasn't been said before?!?

Speedy delivery through email, can be used against the purchase of millions of goods and services, and has a 10 year life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14