Profile for Robert K > Reviews

Content by Robert K

Robert K "Lego Fan, Photograph Mad, Rabbit Loving, Hard Working Husband." (Northamptonshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Whisky: Malt Whiskies of Scotland (Collins Little Books)
Whisky: Malt Whiskies of Scotland (Collins Little Books)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great., 11 Aug 2014
Great guide with some background to the best scotch whisky. Being a kindle version I was hoping for more links to disterilleries, but a great informative book regardless.

Braun Series 3 380s-4 Rechargeable Wet & Dry Foil Electric Shaver
Braun Series 3 380s-4 Rechargeable Wet & Dry Foil Electric Shaver
Price: 69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my Philishave & uses the same plug as my wifes products!, 29 July 2014
I received this Razor (Braun 380s-4) last week from BzzAgent, and am very impressed.

Firstly, the product packaging is compact, light and easy to get in to.

This model is slightly higher spec than some others in the Series 3 range - it comes with a travel case (handy for protecting the foils/cutting head) and a charging stand. Also included in the package in instruction leaflet / warranty information, charging cable and cleaning brush.

The charging cable is coiled and a decent length. It plugs into the charging dock for convenient charging at home, or can plug directly in to the bottom of the charger. An hours charge gives more than enough power for a few days use. If using the razor for a dry shave, you can run the device directly from the cable, however, and obviously, this can not be done with a wet shave. My old razor (a Philishave) had a smaller, less bulky power cable, but on reading the printed information on this cable I realised that the Braun only send 12v to the razor for charging as opposed to the full 240v on my Phillips. Which in my view is much safer!

Now to shaving. The foil system gives a close, neat shave and has left my face cleanly shaved and less itchy than the old Philishave. The first day I used it as a dry shaver, as having being my first wet&dry shaver I wanted to get used to it first! Because of the Brauns straight cutting area, you tent to shave in a more traditional straight line method as opposed to small circular motions that you would do with Philishave products. This suits me because its so much easier to remember where youve been!

The next few days I shaved in the shower. Again, straight forward to do, but with the added benefit that the water and soap in the shower made for a much easier shave. I can honestly say that I am now converted to wet electric shaving. And, as the saying goes, I can kill two birds with one stone by shaving whilst washing myself down! There is also a pop out sideburn trimmer for fully finishing off the job.

After shaving, the device is easy to clean. The head clicks of and if dry can be dusted down ti the included brush, or can be rinsed through with water. Because the system is designed for wet&dry use, you don't have to let it dry before re-assembling. The head can go on the device either way round.

LEGO Technic 42030 Remote-Controlled Volvo L350F Wheel Load
LEGO Technic 42030 Remote-Controlled Volvo L350F Wheel Load
Price: 169.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego 42030 Volvo Remote Control Loader, 26 July 2014
I gave this a five star rating for many reasons. Firstly the product is so detailed and lifelike! Secondly, its a dream to build and play with. Thirdly, Amazons customer service was excellent.

1) Starting with customer service. I ordered on super saver delivery as the item was out of stock and I knew from conversations with guys in the Lego store that they would not have the product until 1st August. On Friday 25th July I was notified the product was in stock with Amazon, so I tried to upgrade to Saturday by 1pm delivery, but it was too late. The customer services person arranged for the original to be cancelled (though the automatic system said it couldn't be cancelled) and I reordered with the quicker delivery service, they also amended the new order so I got it at the same price that it was a week ago. The parcel was delivered promptly on Saturday morning (at around 11am).

2) I feel it important to point out that this product requires 6 AA batteries (for the power block) and a further 6 AAA batteries (for the remotes). I knew this from previous models, but the Amazon product description states that 12 AAA batteries are required.

3) The product took me about 5 hours in total to build, as an experienced Lego builder. A younger builder or inexperienced builder would require assistance and/or much longer time. Some parts of the build are fiddly, but thats to be expected with a model with so much detail. I would point out that its important to look through the instructions before slotting pieces together as if you get it wrong it can be difficult (but not impossible) to take pieces apart again!

4) Stickers are included in the kit for the second model (instructions need to be downloaded from the Lego site), though due to the nature of where the stickers go, this is build one or the other kit (and noting my point above about some sections being rather difficult to dismantle), though at this price its not really something many people will be buying two of.

LEGO Catalog 2014
LEGO Catalog 2014
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 22 July 2014
This review is from: LEGO Catalog 2014 (App)
Where do you start?

The pages are all in French, despite the app page stating the English is supported.

It doesn't contain every set from 2014 as advertised. I have just brought a technical set of a lego Volvo infrared controlled digger. Not in the book at all.

Singleton of Dufftown 12 Year Old Whisky 70 cl
Singleton of Dufftown 12 Year Old Whisky 70 cl
Price: 32.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking bottle, great taste., 8 Jun 2014
Brought from Amazon - 25 delivered. Bargain price.

Comes presented in a lovely oval red gift box. Great taste. Would recommend drinking on its own or with spring water - mixing with anything else would be a sin. Warming and fruity, would be great on a winters day or enjoyed in the evening next to a roaring fire .

LEGO Movie Journal Emmet
LEGO Movie Journal Emmet
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun product., 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: LEGO Movie Journal Emmet (Toy)
Everything about this product is awesome! Seriously.

Its great for kids to use as a journal, or even grown adults to use for work purposes! I would think twice though before taking this to important meetings...

Good quality, thick pages with elastic closure. Originally received as a gift but will be buying more from amazon in the future.

Minifigure Chocolate Freeze Mold Cake Topper Ice Tray Jelly Party Food Silicone
Minifigure Chocolate Freeze Mold Cake Topper Ice Tray Jelly Party Food Silicone
Offered by FamilyMall (8-23 shipping days)
Price: 2.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a clone of the popular Lego mold!, 25 May 2014
Looks just like the lego mold but at half the price. I have the lego original and use it to make ice cubes, chocolate lego men for cake decorations and once for plaster of paris to make some lego men.

Description does state that you could receive a ransom colour, though being as its just a mold I don't see that this would matter.

Le Creuset Set of 4 Mini Casseroles (discontinued by manufacturer)
Le Creuset Set of 4 Mini Casseroles (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Had to buy elsewhere, 25 May 2014
I ending up purchasing these from elsewhere as the ones I ordered on Amazons Black Friday deals never turned up (the the time the courier that Amazon was using was leaving parcels on my doorstep so could have been stolen by a luck passer by).

The ones I ended up buying were not a multi coloured pack like these they are all black, which is nice but as we often make up pots with different dishes in to cater for every ones tastes we occasionally hear 'yuck, theres mushrooms here' or 'how many times do I have to tell you i don't like peas'.

The dishes are stoneware yet still light weight. I can get all four on a baking tray to get in and out of the oven (I personally always use a try to make it easier to take them out the oven easily.

Rumble (Live at Metropolis Studios)
Rumble (Live at Metropolis Studios)
Price: 0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Free download, 25 May 2014
Offered on a free download so thought why not?

Not my kind of music but OK, but as it was free felt there was no harm in downloading and giving it a listen in full.

Big Bargain New 8mm Stainless Steel Funnel For All Hip Flasks Flask Filler Wine Pot
Offered by FOONEE.GO3.
Price: 0.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what a funnel should, 25 May 2014
Fits in to my hip flasks without a problem.

Good quality, lightweight, easy to clean. Extremely cheap, and if your prepared to wait 2-3 weeks then fine, other wise you may have to look for a more expensive model to get quicker.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11