Profile for Robert K > Reviews

Content by Robert K

Robert K "Lego Fan, Photograph Mad, Rabbit Loving, Hard Working Husband." (Northamptonshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Haig Club Scotch Whisky 70 cl
Haig Club Scotch Whisky 70 cl

4.0 out of 5 stars join the club., 14 Dec 2014
This whisky will certainly not be to every ones liking. If your lean for peaty strong flavours found in island and highland whiskys then this is not going to be for you. However if you like bottlings from the east coast from the likes of Cragganmore, Clyndish and inland from Royal Loch Nagar then this will be to your liking. And thats why I like it and have given it four stars.

If you are new to scotch then persoanlly i dont think that you could go wrong starting with this - when i first tried one many years ago i found the strong peaty flavour unbearable and it put me off for many years. This whisky is as i say light, and the vanilla notes and caramel flavour make this an easy drinker. Enjoy it near or add a little water or ice to your tasting. Dont be put off by the people that snub you for adding these. Its your drink and you can drink it how you want!

Although not tried, this would make a great cocktail such as an Original or a Scotch Mule (add ginger beer).

100% Original Genuine Apple 30 pin USB Data Sync charging cable wire lead For iPhone 4S 4 3GS 3G iPod touch iPad 2(Design by Apple in California and Assembled in china) ® Factory Outlet
Offered by FlashMart

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake. Not genuine Apple product., 29 Oct 2014
Not at all genuine. Piece of cheap rubbish that will fail after a short period of usage. Keep clear of any product that claims to be 100% Genuine. Why would you put this on a product description other than to deceive people in to thinking they are buying pukka goods.

Apple MF053ZM/A Smart Cover for iPad Air- Black
Apple MF053ZM/A Smart Cover for iPad Air- Black
Offered by MegaSaleStore - Big Price Crash

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 26 Oct 2014
I purchased this for my new iPad Air. The missus has the same one already so I knew exactly what to expect, however I really wasn't expecting the service that I received from Amazon. It was nothing but extraordinary. Product ordered on Friday morning on super saver delivery. Saturday morning order update received stating my parcel was going to be delivered that day. Next day delivery for nothing. Brilliant.

Back to the product, the supplied Amazon product was genuine Apple and smartly packaged. Easy to open and a snap to use. Item folds up to made a stand and can be used in a variety of different ways to make use of the iPad simple in many different environments. Puts the iPad to sleep on closing and wakes again on opening. Very nifty feature that saves some battery life.

Very happy with the product and expect it to last for a long time to come.

Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 (2 Batt 1.5 Ah)
Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 (2 Batt 1.5 Ah)

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, twin battery version., 19 Sep 2014
I purchased this after much debate over the 10v LiIon and 14v niCad models.

Why did i choose this? Firstly, this particular item because it came in a carry case and also included a second battery.

Secondly, this model has hammer drill action, and although I don't plan on drilling in to masonry often, I have a couple of jobs where this will be of use.

Next, there is the work light, not sure how useful this will be, but sounds cool!

LiIon battery technology - super fast charging with the included charger, and battery can be charged off device or on it. decent charge can be obtained in about 30-40 minutes or so. There is a handy battery indication (three LED) guide on the drill. Also on top there is LEDs showing the direction of drive which changes intensity depending on how fast the drill is going.

The one biggest factors for buying this was the Bosck Power4All system. This means that I can now buy any device in the Power4All 18v system and I can interchange the batteries. Two purchases on my radar are the circular saw and the jigsaw. Other diy items include sanders and a range of other drills. It would be nice if they did a battery powered router, but maybe they will add to the range at a later date. There are also garden tools such as hedge trimmers, strimers and leaf blowers (though I don't have a hedge, already have a strimer and my too few trees about to make leaves a problem for me!)

Another advantage this has over my old Nicad drill is the weight - much lighter but more powerful, and the physical size of the unit. the size of the top of the drill to the centre of the chuck is smaller than ever, meaning I can get in to tighter spaces and closer to the wall which really came in handy when I fitter a blind in to a window recess.

Bosch Plant Protector For All Accutrim And Combitrim Grass Trimmers
Bosch Plant Protector For All Accutrim And Combitrim Grass Trimmers

5.0 out of 5 stars fiddley to fit but a life saver., 19 Sep 2014
I only came across this by chance on Amazon. I assumed that Bosch strimmers either came with it, or not, so when I saw it I was over the moon (sound sad yeah!) but the wife is always having a moan that I damage the plants when strimming,, and to be honest I was getting so sick of the complaints that I threw the strimmer at her and told her to do it.

The product acts as a guide to stop you getting too close to plants etc. I only had one negative and that it that the part is quite difficult to fix due to the way in which you have to install in two groves with four channels which point in three different directions, but once on you wount be taking it off. Its also very sturdy and wont slide out when you dont want it too. To start off with im finding it stiff to extend/retract but guess this will become easier over time.

All in all, a great purchase. Now for the wheels!

Bitstrips
Bitstrips

2.0 out of 5 stars A passing fad., 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: Bitstrips (App)
a passing fad. Was fun to start off with, but now it seams that barely anyone is doing it any more.

Now removed from my device.

Blue Moon (Album Version)
Blue Moon (Album Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great track which feels fresh but classic both at the ..., 19 Sep 2014
Its been a long time since I last listened to Beck, but this made me dig out my CD's to listen again.

Great track which feels fresh but classic both at the same time.

Youth (Live)
Youth (Live)

4.0 out of 5 stars Catchy tune. Not something I would usually listen to ..., 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: Youth (Live) (MP3 Download)
Catchy tune. Not something I would usually listen to but has introduced me to something different. Will keep an ear open for other releases from Foxes.

British Isles Physical (OS Wall Map)
British Isles Physical (OS Wall Map)
by Ordnance Survey
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent Map. Would highly recommend., 19 Sep 2014
I purchased this for wall mounting in the study as a visual guide to the UK. Mounted on cork backing so it can have pins inserted to pin point various destinations.

Excellent quality printing. Mountains and hill ranges easy to distinguish with spot heights. Major towns and cities marked but doesn't give an indication on size/area of said places.

Would be nice if you could buy transparent overlays to add motorways and major roads or outlines of counties but not going to give less stars for this great map.

PS. Comes rolled in a plastic tube so map isnt creased. However, map is shorter than tube so you mage get some small amounts of damage at one end if package gets shaken in transit. Plastic tube is also then useful for storing large plans etc.

Whisky: Malt Whiskies of Scotland (Collins Little Books)
Whisky: Malt Whiskies of Scotland (Collins Little Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great., 11 Aug 2014
Great guide with some background to the best scotch whisky. Being a kindle version I was hoping for more links to disterilleries, but a great informative book regardless.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12