Profile for Karl C > Reviews

Karl C (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Le'Xpress Glass 900ml Infuser Teapot
Le'Xpress Glass 900ml Infuser Teapot

5.0 out of 5 stars The quality of the product is fantastic. The glass feels sturdy and thick and and ..., 1 Mar. 2015
This is a superb infuser teapot. This holds 900ml of tea, which is 3 standard mugs. The basket is large enough to allow the tea to move around, thereby infusing into the water more effectively, and also it sits deep enough into the teapot so that you can make a single cup's worth of tea and it will still be submerged.

The quality of the product is fantastic. The glass feels sturdy and thick and and metal casing is also very good quality. The lid manages to stay on, even when pouring the teapot at a crazy angle. The infuser basket has a handle so you can remove the infuser if you don't want your tea to become overbrewed, but you'll have to use a spoon to pick it up with, because it obviously gets very hot.

All in all, this is a great product that at £20.00 is very reasonable, considering how much money I am saving by using loose leaf tea. I use this teapot at least everyday, often several times. I would definitely recommend it. The acid test for me is to think 'if I could go back in time, would I buy this again?' The answer is a resounding yes!

Suki Tea Lemongrass and Ginger Twist Loose Herbal Tea 80 g
Suki Tea Lemongrass and Ginger Twist Loose Herbal Tea 80 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 1 Mar. 2015
Really nice flavour, a perfect balance of lemongrass and ginger.

Just Life Portable BPA Free Shatterproof Glass Water Bottle with Silicone Sleeve with/without Tea Fruit Infuser Outdoor Travel Sport Water Bottle 400ML/450ML(Blue 450ML)
Offered by Fun Mall

4.0 out of 5 stars Great except for one annoyance, 1 Mar. 2015
It's a very nice bottle, keeps my coffee/tea warmer than a regular mug would, meaning I can make it before work and by the time I get there 20 minutes later, I can drink it still hot. Unfortunately, when the tea filter at the bottom is removed, and the bottom screw cap is put back on, it is extremely difficult to get back off. I have had several incidents where I have had to have coffee instead of tea because I couldn't get the bottom cap off in order to replace the filter. So that's why it loses a star.

Hario Medium Glass Hand Coffee Grinder with Ceramic Burrs, Clear
Hario Medium Glass Hand Coffee Grinder with Ceramic Burrs, Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful piece of kit., 9 Feb. 2015
I bought this grinder after seeing Claire Jordan's superb review, complete with video instructions, so a big thank you to her. Her video is very helpful especially since there are no English language instructions included with this grinder.

Onto the grinder itself: It is very simple to use. Coffee beans go in the top, you twist the handle around and ground coffee comes out of the bottom. Being a ceramic burr grinder, the coffee beans are crushed rather than chopped which improves the flavour.

Adjusting the gear is simple. It's a case of twisting the gear so that there is more or less of a gap for the ground coffee to fall through. The smaller the gap, the finer the coffee. Note that finely ground coffee will take longer to grind than coarse ground - as there is less grinding to do - and it is possible to set it so tight that nothing can get through at all!

The build quality of the whole grinder is lovely. It feels very sturdy and I find it very hard to believe that this will break easily. The jar at the bottom comes with a lid, so you can grind a large amount of coffee at a time and then store it.

My only criticism of the whole thing is that when I have ground my coffee beans and I have a jar of lovely fresh coffee with the jar lid on, there is not base on which I can attach the grinder mechanism and the handle means it is off-balance. When there is coffee dust in the grinder, this can be a bit of an annoyance because it gets coffee bits onto the tray that I store my coffee equipment. This is a very minor annoyance and the product is still worthy of the highest praise and 5 stars. I would definitely recommend this product.

Jason Manford: First World Problems [DVD]
Jason Manford: First World Problems [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Manford

5.0 out of 5 stars This was such a good laugh that for only the third time in my ..., 15 Dec. 2014
This was such a good laugh that for only the third time in my adult life, I actually soiled myself.

EasyAcc® Ultra Slim ASUS Google Nexus 7 2013 Protector Leather Case Smart Case  Back Cover with Stand / Auto Sleep Wake-up for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2 Generation (Top Premium PU Leather, Folded Cover Design, Black)
EasyAcc® Ultra Slim ASUS Google Nexus 7 2013 Protector Leather Case Smart Case Back Cover with Stand / Auto Sleep Wake-up for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2 Generation (Top Premium PU Leather, Folded Cover Design, Black)
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect., 2 Dec. 2014
The best case I have used for any device. It is a very light, slim case which offers full protection. The wake/sleep function works flawlessly, and the QI charger still works with the case on. The folio style cover is also superb. This case could not be better.

EasyAcc® Google Nexus 5 Protector Leather Flip Case Smart Cover Folio with Stand Anti Shock Skin Pouch for LG Google Nexus 5 protective case Book-Style ( Black, Slim, Premium PU Leather )

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not perfect., 2 Dec. 2014
I bought my wife the EasyAcc Nexus 7 folio case which is absolutely incredible. Unfortunately, the Nexus 5 case is nowhere near as well designed.

The PU leather is very nice, with a lovely look and feel. The phone fits the case with no issues, and the landscape stand is superb.

Unfortunately the design flaw was the hinge. Because the hinge is smaller and in the middle, it allows the cover to twist away from the screen slightly when closing it. This means that sometimes the screen wake/sleep function does not work properly which I found to be very frustrating. It's a shame because otherwise this is a great case.

PLEMO Denim Fabric 13-13.3 Inch Laptop / Notebook Computer / MacBook / MacBook Pro / MacBook Air Case Briefcase Bag Pouch Sleeve, Blue
Offered by Avantek UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice, well made bag for a very reasonable price., 2 Dec. 2014
A lovely and stylish denim laptop case. I use this with a Toshiba Chromebook 2 Full HD 13.3 inch and it is a perfect fit. The inside is luxuriously soft and the outside is smart. I don't often deploy the handles, as I usually carry the case inside a laptop messenger bag, so it is great that they can be folded away and it is nice to know they are there if I need them. I paid the same amount for a previous laptop case that was nowhere near the quality of this one, so I am a very satisfied customer!

Italian Leather Perforated Watch Strap, Black and Red, 22mm
Italian Leather Perforated Watch Strap, Black and Red, 22mm
Offered by WatchGecko

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 2 Dec. 2014
No complaints here. A breathable leather watch strap that is comfortable and looks smart, for a reasonable price. There is no movement in the buckle when it is fastened so there is no worry about the watch wriggling free from my wrist. All in all, a nice strap.

HTC Google Nexus 8.9-inch Black Tablet (2 GB RAM, 32GB, WiFi, 2.3 GHz 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1)
Offered by ELife

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a decent tablet but it should have been a great one., 24 Nov. 2014
I was really excited about the Nexus 9. Last year I bought my wife the Nexus 7 (2013 edition), and I own the Nexus 5 phone and both of these are fantastic products that showcase the best that Android has to offer. The Nexus 9 was to be the next big step, and I was particularly looking forward to the larger screen, especially since the N7 and N5 screens were so fantastic.

Well, I was disappointed from the start. Firstly the lightbleed that eminated from the sides was a little bit annoying. Not a major annoyance but once you notice it, it is difficult for it not to bother you. Secondly, the screen's dpi was less than the Nexus 7, and although it was decent, it wasn't quite as sharp as I was expecting. The brightness and viewing angles were superb though.

The back of the Nexus 9 is a fingerprint magnet. I actually thought I'd got cooking oil on my hands and transferred it onto the back of the tablet, but apparently this is something a lot of people have experienced. The back didn't feel as secure as other devices I have held either, flexing on the slightest bit of pressure. Also, the camera lens pokes out slightly due to the curvature of the back of the tablet in the corners. This nicked on my finger a couple of times and it was a slight annoyance. Again, nothing major, but it still played on my mind a little bit. The back of the tablet near the camera also got very hot. Not hot enough to burn but certainly enough for me to be concerned about the longevity of the product.

The tablet was nice and light, although due to its size, it was difficult to hold in one hand for a long period of time. A folio case is a definite purchase if you are going to buy this tablet.

Android Lollipop is superb, the best mobile operating system I have ever used. However, the Nexus 9 crashed 3 times in the first 2 days of me using it. My Nexus 5 hasn't done this once since I updated to Lollipop, which made me suspect that the overheating was causing it to shutdown. In the 12 months since I have owned a Nexus 5 and my wife has had her Nexus 7, I think we have each experienced one crash each.

The processor speed of the Nexus 9 was incredible. Much faster than the iPad Air we use at work and definitely an improvement over the Nexus 7 from last year. Unfortunately, the multi-tasking wasn't too great. Whilst it could do one job at lightning speed, it couldn't handle a lot of jobs at once. Downloading a file from the browser in the background whilst watching a video made it slow to respond. Maybe this will improve when apps start to take advantage of the 64 bit processor.

I don't care much for cameras on tablets, but the added LED flash is a nice feature. As is standard on the Nexus range, the camera is decent but nothing to get excited about.

One glaring omission for me from this device is wireless charging. It has NFC built in but not the ability to wirelessly charge, which seems like a big step backwards for me.

Overall, this is a good tablet and in many ways improves on last year's Nexus 7. However, the 16GB is £300 and the 32GB is £380. That is very expensive for what I think is a mid-range tablet. I'm very disappointed because the Nexus range should showcase everything that is great about Android at an affordable and competitive price-point. At this price, I fully expected it to be able to better Apple. Also, an £80 price hike for an extra 16GB of storage is ridiculous. I'd expect to pay an extra £40 at most.

I took mine back for a full refund from John Lewis and instead opted away from a tablet, and imported a Toshiba Chromebook 2 with full HD instead. It was £100 cheaper and I am far more satisfied with the product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5