Profile for ladyfid > Reviews

Content by ladyfid

ladyfid "ladyfidi" (Scotland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Through the Storm (Bellingwood Book 8)
Through the Storm (Bellingwood Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful story, 15 Mar. 2015
I have read this complete series and I love them all. The characters are now friends of mine and I can't wait to read book 9!
Diane Greenwood Muir writes with such tenderness , love and warmth. A great talent!!

Annedroids Season 1
Annedroids Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Annedroids!!, 17 Sept. 2014
Really enjoyed watching this whole series with my 7 year old daughter. Characters were engaging. Stories entertaining and educational. Please bring out more!

Out of Ruins (From The Wreckage Book 2)
Out of Ruins (From The Wreckage Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable part 2, 28 Aug. 2014
Carrying on the story which follows the fall out after a tornado. The story continued to grip me from the start and I can't wait to see what happens in book 3.

From The Wreckage
From The Wreckage

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and gripping!, 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: From The Wreckage (Kindle Edition)
Book Gripped me from the start. Description of the tornado and the feelings evoked During this time and the aftermath were insightful. The relationships of the characters added another dimension to this already addictive read. Great value free book. Definitely worth a go!!!

Ryan's Return
Ryan's Return

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner from start to finish, 7 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Ryan's Return (Kindle Edition)
I didn't know this author before downloading it free from Amazon. I am so glad I did. I loved it all the way through. The characters were deep and well rounded. The story was fast moving and had lots of twists and turns. Yeah it had some cheesy bits but it held my attention from page one. I would definately recommend it and would look at others by the same Author.

A Dog Named Slugger
A Dog Named Slugger

5.0 out of 5 stars food for the soul, 2 Feb. 2012
I came across this book on the free downloads for my new kindle at Christmas and I am absolutely thrilled to have had the chance to read this book.

It is a delight from start to finish. Taking you on a journey with Leigh and her dog. It was informative, humourous, thought provoking, heart warming inspirational and heart wrenching all at the same time. Leigh and her cast became friends and by the end of the book the emotions of the last few pages were raw and real. If you have ever lost a loved pet you too will need your kleenex to hand.

I loved this book and would recommend it to everyone!! No matter what price it is wonderful!

Emergency: Wife Lost and Found (Mills & Boon Medical)
Emergency: Wife Lost and Found (Mills & Boon Medical)

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprise page turner., 28 Dec. 2011
Having recieved a Kindle for Christmas I just wanted to add a few free books to try it out and see if the kindle was as good as I had been told. I didn't actually want to spend any money on "proper books" until then. The kindle was a revelation and the book was too. It was well written and the characters were both believable and likeable. It was an easy page turner and I was sad when it came to an end. So pleased this was on the free downloads and I may look at the authors other books now. Don't be put off by the terrible cover art the book is definately more classy.

BrainBox - The World
BrainBox - The World

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present for 9yr old, 16 Oct. 2009
This review is from: BrainBox - The World (Toy)
We bought this game for my son's 9th birthday having no knowledge of it prior to seeing it here on Amazon. We read the previous reviews and thought for the price it was worth a shot. (Sick of the toy cupboard full of games which promise "hours of fun" etc which never get played) This little box is brilliant! Our son is very much into factual learning at the moment and the wide variety of questions from colours on a flag to border countries and animals makes it a really great game for all. The cards seem very durable being made of thick card and the language used is good for helping with reading/vocabulary. Even Grandma with her great general knowledge has fun yet there are still enough challenges to keep it interesting. The 10 minute rule has to be stretched as we so enjoy it that we keep going for another 10. It is compact portable and simple which is great for traveling and means you can pick it up anytime there are a few spare minutes which entertains board kids. We have been so impressed that we are going to buying some more for gifts.

Further Tales of the Riverbank: A Nice Suprise and Other Stories [VHS] [1992]
Further Tales of the Riverbank: A Nice Suprise and Other Stories [VHS] [1992]
VHS
Offered by rdowns33

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle stories for little ones, 25 Sept. 2009
My 2 1/2 year old adores these stories as her bedtime treat. They only last 5mins or so which is about right for getting her slowed down from the days activities. We never tire of them and they are just so gentle in nature. Having had pets of all the animals at one or other time in our lives it is fun to see them in this setting.

Wee Sing Sing-Alongs
Wee Sing Sing-Alongs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun for all!, 29 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Wee Sing Sing-Alongs (Audio CD)
This fabulous CD and book have a fun and lively collection of songs. Some which we knew well and some new to us. We picked it up on holiday in the states and it was great for all our times in the car. We joined in with the ones we knew and learned some of the new ones as we went. My almost 2 year old enjoyed it just as much as my 8yr old. I'd recommend this to everyone!

Page: 1 | 2