Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Bosch MCM5530 Food Processor, White Finish
Bosch MCM5530 Food Processor, White Finish

2.0 out of 5 stars Bosch Food processor -, 15 Oct. 2013
I'm a keen home baker often taking cakes round to neighbours or in to work. I had a little Kenwood food processor that my daughter bought for me about 15 years ago and it still works, but was on the small side, and I wanted to start making bigger cakes, breads etc so thought I would treat myself. After searching around and making extensive enquiries, I decided that for the price range (I paid £110) that the Bosch sounded like the best option as it had a lot of gadgets that would best fit my purpose. Ive had my Bosch about 5/6 months now and ive just had to order a spare part for the whisk arm attachment after it splintered whilst in use.
I found that although its a lovely looking unit,compared to my littler unit (which I gave my mother) the Bosch doesn't mix, cream or whip very well. I originally thought that perhaps because it was bigger that I had to double the ingredients, as clearly cooking an ordinary Victoria size sponge wasn't working and I ended up finishing this off by hand, alas it wasn't much better using larger quantities. Ive tried the dough hooks as I wanted to make bread and Chelsea buns, and again this is ok for initially binding the ingredients but then just sticks to the column and doesn't knead, you have to remove it and complete the process by hand. Ive used the cutter facility and ive got to say that only in this aspect does it exceed my Kenwood and chops very well and leaves very little "bits". The blender Ive used for making soups and Ive found this also to be good. I wash the blender immediately as other reviews I read stated that theirs went rusty, so Ive tried to dry it as much as I can after each wash and its fine.

I moaned so much about the Bosch product that my mother has given me back my cherished Kenwood (and I didn't know how much I did cherish it, felt guilty until she reassured me that she preferred hand/beating methods).

For the Price this is I wouldn't buy it again, neither could I honestly recommend it. Either look for a different Bosch product, or another make. Its an expensive piece of kit, and I wished I had either allowed more money for a Moulinex (sadly over £200, but Ive noticed this being used on several TV cooking progs) or just saved my money and stuck to my original Kenwood.

Hope the above review helps, but here are the bullet points;
1. expensive
2. Mixing facility, dough beaters not very good at completing the job you want them to do.
3. Has 1 - 4 speeds, and pulsar which is handy.
4. Cutters - perfect
5. Blending - very good
6. . Juicer - didn't use so cant comment

NB - extra feature - the product has a safety function - if there is no liquid or ingredient inside it will not work. Also has the usual "line up" of lid marker before working.

INFLATABLE MATTE FINISH LILO LOUNGER BEACH SWIMMING POOL AIR MAT BED (Pink)
INFLATABLE MATTE FINISH LILO LOUNGER BEACH SWIMMING POOL AIR MAT BED (Pink)
Offered by Vinsani (UK Seller)

4.0 out of 5 stars Air bed, 8 Sept. 2013
It has two compartments, one for the head pillow and one for the bottom. Doesn't fit any air pump attachments I have so bit red in the face afterwards. Its fairly slim, but does the job. It lasted all this summer (and is now packed away for next summer) so its a good buy. I'm happy with it.

Traditional 6 Sided Outdoor Wall Lantern Black
Traditional 6 Sided Outdoor Wall Lantern Black
Offered by Red House Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little lamps, 8 Sept. 2013
The electrician put these up for me, there a bit smaller than expected hence the title, but they do the job really well, I got two and put them up either side of my patio doors. They look really sweet and go well with my type of house.

The Hollow Crown - TV Mini Series [DVD]
The Hollow Crown - TV Mini Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Whishaw
Offered by musicMagpie

1.0 out of 5 stars The Hollow Crown, 19 Aug. 2013
I hummed and harred about getting this mini series due to the mixed reviews, but eventually succumbed and wished I hadn't.
The language was hard to follow, being "old" English and sounded in some instances like rhyming poetry. I didn't think much of the acting as it was all rather too staged overall. I didn't enjoy it at all and it fact hated it, far too flowery and yet I love films about our kings, Queens & period dramas etc. This was a very bad let down and waste of money - Not for me I'm afraid.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2014 8:22 PM GMT

Wilton Recipe Right
 Six Hole Dessert Shell Tin
Wilton Recipe Right Six Hole Dessert Shell Tin

5.0 out of 5 stars Cavity dessert pan, 19 July 2013
Ordered this and received the wrong item - slight difference in that the one I got was an ordinary cake/muffin pan, so had to re-order after speaking to customer care op. The 2nd pan was the correct one and had its center raised. (so I'm putting this down as a blimp as Amazon are usually really good with its items (as you already know)

I wanted this for my rum babas, and any other cake where a little cream or filling goes in to the top. Its a sturdy pan, and the bake is even. Easy to turn out, and well worth the money.
Its what a good cake tin is all about!

Patisserie at Home - Step-by-step recipes to help you master the art of French pastry
by Will Torrent

3.0 out of 5 stars Patisserie at Home, 19 July 2013
Let me start with ....this book is okay, it has a variety of recipes.
I have a lot of cook books but am put off this one as I don't like cook books to say within a recipe make the ** whatever** the day before (from another recipe previously listed in the book) or before you start you need to have made the **whatever eg pate sablee** then your ready to start on this recipe. Its very frustrating (well to me in any case) to have to go backwards and forwards to be able to make something. I want straight no nonsense instructions that are all included within the same recipe that I'm trying. For those of you who are a bit more advance in baking this book may well suit you if you already know to make a pate sablee (sweet pastry to the rest of us who don't know its fancy title ). Other than that its a good book. But one for the more advanced baker I think.

Why Men Marry Bitches: The Nice Woman's Guide to Getting and Keeping a Man's Heart
by Sherry Argov

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Men Marry Bitches, 19 July 2013
Loved the way this book was written, its very tongue in cheek but when reading you can actually identify with what the book is saying, can either place a situation in your own life or in your friends around you and suddenly your thinking .....so thats where I went wrong!,..... or I got that right but at the time I didn't even know it (o hum stuck with him now, lol).
Its a book that once you pick up to read you wont be able to put down. A must read for all women, it'll enlighten you to what guys are thinking (they really are from mars and speak a totally different language - this book translates). It was so good that I bought her other book "why men love bitches", which my daughter grabbed first to read.
Totally recommend for those women who find men most confusing - I laughed so much I cried.

INFLATABLE JUMBO LARGE RECTANGULAR FAMILY OUTDOOR GARDEN PADDLING SWIMMING POOL WITH ELECTRIC 240 V SIDEWINDER PUMP - 103" X 69" X 20" 8 - 8.5 ft
Offered by Trendi

4.0 out of 5 stars Review for pool, 17 July 2013
Ok, it hots and we all want to cool down, so I bought this item and was swayed by the positive review. It's not a bad pool, says what it does on the tin. Its large enough for 4 adults, or about 6 children, the pump that came with it was a god send (can you imagine how red your face would be to blow a 8.5 ft pool up!)
The only down side Ive found is the plug is situated on the underneath - as you can imagine this is very handy (not) when you want to empty the pool to put fresh water in to it. Hopefully the makers will rectify that problem as it is a problem and hassle. Ive been told (not by the advert) that in a pool this big you should really be using chlorine crystals to stop any wigglie's as I call them (little tiny types of worm) and chlorine strips to ensure the PH is safe. Otherwise your going to be emptying the pool every 2 days. Now I didn't know this,but if you look in a rain barrel you'll know what I mean. The other thing, it doesn't come with a cover, the one i did see had poor reviews, I tried looking for a solar one but gave up as they are so expensive but this kind of item does need a cover so I'm going to have to bite the bullet as it'll stop bugs/flies etc getting in it. So there you are. The actual pool is a great size, its fairly sturdy when you lean against it and the pump is brill. 4 stars !! would have been 5 if the additional info or cover had been included.

Anika 1.2 Litre Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask with Handle
Anika 1.2 Litre Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask with Handle

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money - hot or cold as you like, 29 May 2013
I bought this from viewing the many listed and thought id take pot luck - its been years since I had a flask or required one, but as im now a weight watchers girl I wanted to make my own soups to take in to work (they have either no points or 1 point dependent on recipe) Ive used this not only for my soups (which keep boiling hot for up to 7/8 hours (may have lasted longer but I wanted to eat the soup! lol) but have also used this to carry semi skimmed Milk for my porridge and coffee - and it remained cold throughout. The top also has a "button" that you can depress if you wish to pour out the liquid (coffee/tea) or drink direct from the flask (Sooo uncouth, I didn't but the option is there). The lid is able to "stand" on its own so can be used as a cup.
The flask comes with the cord thingy which I suppose for some is good, to be honest I didn't bother with it, but I suppose it could come in handy to be able to put the flask over your shoulder if your climbing or want your hands free.
Over all this is a great product and well worth the money - Im really pleased with it. - definitely a 5 star product!

Hamlyn QuickCook: 50 Recipes: A free taster of the new cookery series
Hamlyn QuickCook: 50 Recipes: A free taster of the new cookery series

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick food series, 29 May 2013
I got a snap shot of recipes on Kindle (apple iphone) and whilst the selection they gave was good I think id prefer this in book form would be better. The meals are based on either 20 or 30 minutes long. There seem to be a good variety of recipes to suit all tastes. and I will be looking at buying the book form series -
A handy little book - Think these would be a good addition to my cooking book collection!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12