Profile for Ms. Elaine S. Clement > Reviews

Content by Ms. Elaine S. ...

Ms. Elaine S. Clement

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
INFLATABLE JUMBO LARGE RECTANGULAR FAMILY OUTDOOR GARDEN PADDLING SWIMMING POOL WITH ELECTRIC 240 V SIDEWINDER PUMP - 103" X 69" X 20" 8 - 8.5 ft
Offered by Gift & Home
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Review for pool, 17 July 2013
Ok, it hots and we all want to cool down, so I bought this item and was swayed by the positive review. It's not a bad pool, says what it does on the tin. Its large enough for 4 adults, or about 6 children, the pump that came with it was a god send (can you imagine how red your face would be to blow a 8.5 ft pool up!)
The only down side Ive found is the plug is situated on the underneath - as you can imagine this is very handy (not) when you want to empty the pool to put fresh water in to it. Hopefully the makers will rectify that problem as it is a problem and hassle. Ive been told (not by the advert) that in a pool this big you should really be using chlorine crystals to stop any wigglie's as I call them (little tiny types of worm) and chlorine strips to ensure the PH is safe. Otherwise your going to be emptying the pool every 2 days. Now I didn't know this,but if you look in a rain barrel you'll know what I mean. The other thing, it doesn't come with a cover, the one i did see had poor reviews, I tried looking for a solar one but gave up as they are so expensive but this kind of item does need a cover so I'm going to have to bite the bullet as it'll stop bugs/flies etc getting in it. So there you are. The actual pool is a great size, its fairly sturdy when you lean against it and the pump is brill. 4 stars !! would have been 5 if the additional info or cover had been included.

Anika 1.2 Litre Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask with Handle
Anika 1.2 Litre Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask with Handle
Price: 8.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money - hot or cold as you like, 29 May 2013
I bought this from viewing the many listed and thought id take pot luck - its been years since I had a flask or required one, but as im now a weight watchers girl I wanted to make my own soups to take in to work (they have either no points or 1 point dependent on recipe) Ive used this not only for my soups (which keep boiling hot for up to 7/8 hours (may have lasted longer but I wanted to eat the soup! lol) but have also used this to carry semi skimmed Milk for my porridge and coffee - and it remained cold throughout. The top also has a "button" that you can depress if you wish to pour out the liquid (coffee/tea) or drink direct from the flask (Sooo uncouth, I didn't but the option is there). The lid is able to "stand" on its own so can be used as a cup.
The flask comes with the cord thingy which I suppose for some is good, to be honest I didn't bother with it, but I suppose it could come in handy to be able to put the flask over your shoulder if your climbing or want your hands free.
Over all this is a great product and well worth the money - Im really pleased with it. - definitely a 5 star product!

Hamlyn QuickCook: 50 Recipes: A free taster of the new cookery series
Hamlyn QuickCook: 50 Recipes: A free taster of the new cookery series
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick food series, 29 May 2013
I got a snap shot of recipes on Kindle (apple iphone) and whilst the selection they gave was good I think id prefer this in book form would be better. The meals are based on either 20 or 30 minutes long. There seem to be a good variety of recipes to suit all tastes. and I will be looking at buying the book form series -
A handy little book - Think these would be a good addition to my cooking book collection!

Ultra Helium Hi-Float Latex Balloon Treatment Kit
Ultra Helium Hi-Float Latex Balloon Treatment Kit
Offered by Non-stop parties
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Helium Hi - Float treatment, 29 April 2013
Well after reading all the reviews and the not so good ones I thought id give this a try for my Dads 80th Birthday party. I ordered two different size balloons along with the Hi Float treatment, (9 inch and 12 inch respectively).

On the 2nd March I took all my items and set up, filling the balloons with the treatment first as instructed etc - Ive just spoken to my mum today (29th April) and there is still one balloon drifting by the ceiling!!!!

The treatment made the helium balloons stay up for ages after my Dads birthday and we were taking bets as to how long they would last, no body thought it would be this long though!

You do have to be careful that you do not put too much treatment in to the smaller balloons otherwise the treatment wont work as too heavy and wont last as long, the 12 inch balloons did last longer but the ordinary size (9 inches) still stayed up for well over a month with only a couple not lasting long (hence my caution about over filling with treatment as I accidentally put a larger amount in for the bigger balloon instead of the correct amount for the smaller ones).

This product is well worth the money in my view, especially if you want to blow up the balloons before going to the venue and are worried about them lasting. 5 stars !!

The Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible: Creative Techniques, Fresh Inspiration, Stylish Designs
by Lindy Smith
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The best "How to" Cake Decorating Book you will ever find, 15 April 2013
I got this book after reading others reviews and as a keen amateur baker I wanted to know what types of frosting/icing there were, how to make certain designs and put the cake shapes together etc. And this book doesn't disappoint. Written in a way that is easy to read, step by step approach, including lots of photos of not only the finished article but on each technique. The book includes:
A few Cake recipes - which range from cookies, cup cakes, fruit cake and Madeira, chocolate etc. As well as adapting cake recipe. It also gives you the recipe for Sugar paste (rolled fondant), Modelling paste, Buttercream (ordinary and Swiss), flower paste, pastillage, royal icing, glues, piping gel, chocolate ganache as well as lots of tips and the usual measurement converter/pan sizes and varying heat guides. It shows you sugarcraft, talks about different types of embossing, rolling pins, and mosaic patterns. Unlevelled cake tops and internal cake slices? No more! each section is a fountain of knowledge just waiting for you to read (no Im not on commission I swear, just really love the book which is a treasure find)

Each of the below titles has sub titles and goes in to depth on subject matter.
Carving
Tools
Piping
Moulds
and Cake Jewellery

This is the one stop book for all "How to" and I cant rave about it enough, I have lots of other cookery books, and now this will be the one I turn to in the first instance before any of my others, so would seriously recommend you try it as its money well spent and you wont be sorry. Now what shape/type of cake should I make next...a hand bag, wonkie, stack, cup cakes or cookies......yummmmmmmmmmm

Toppercake Edible Wafer Butterfly Cup Cake Decorations Deep Purple
Toppercake Edible Wafer Butterfly Cup Cake Decorations Deep Purple
Offered by Toppercake
Price: 1.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Purple butterfly cake topper, 7 Mar 2013
Purchased these and they arrived very promptly. Loved the butterflies, there quite large (but not overly, approx 50p size), the wing detail is excatly how the picture displays, and there was no fiddly cutting as they are all individually cut out. Look delicate and perfect for adding to individual cupcakes or adding to the top of larger cakes. I loved this product so much I have just purchased the multicoured ones. The price is right, so whats not to like, happy cake baking day!

Toppercake Edible Wafer Butterfly Cup Cake Decorations Mini Multi Coloured
Toppercake Edible Wafer Butterfly Cup Cake Decorations Mini Multi Coloured
Offered by Toppercake
Price: 1.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Multi coloured butterflies tops, 7 Mar 2013
Although these arrived very promptly, I must admit I was very disapointed, as although the butterflies were multicoloured they were not like the picture displayed which is what I thought I was getting. They are very small and shapes arent a precise clean cut, the colours werent as defined either. The butterflies are individually cut out so there is no messing around trying to cut fiddly bits with scissors and for the money they were ok I guess, was torn between giving them 2 and 3 star, but in the end gave 2 as I wont buy these again so had to give the lower score. Shame as I bought deep purple butterflies from the same company which I loved and didnt disapoint me one bit.

Radiant Birthday '80th' Napkins
Radiant Birthday '80th' Napkins
Offered by Fancydresscoz
Price: 2.35

5.0 out of 5 stars 80th Birthday Napkins, 7 Mar 2013
I bought this and was very happy with them, they arrived within 3/4 days of ordering and were printed just like the photo. High quality and fairly large. Nice addition to the other 80th birthday party bits I bought. Very happy.

The Family Man [DVD] [2000]
The Family Man [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 3.40

5.0 out of 5 stars similar fairytale to "its a wonderful life", 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Family Man [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Love this flim, though I love Nicolas Cage. Its a bit of a romantic/comedy heart tugger, a man who thinks he has everything, but with a quick glimpse of his "would be life" finds out his missing out on the bigger picture, true love and family life.
By trying to "save" someone else from a misdeed, he ironically gets the chance to be saved himself.
This is a flim to watch on a rainy sunday afternoon. Definately a chick flick, It wont disapoint!

Expanding file A4 fabric black
Expanding file A4 fabric black
Price: 7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Case file, 7 Mar 2013
Ive given this a 3 star rating because although the product is of good quality, its small and doesnt hold much. Good for every day/monthly bill keeping but for those of you like me who have mega amounts of paperwork its far too small. The plastic pocket sleeves are good to hold a couple of A4 documents in each one, up to about 4 max I would say before you start stretching it out, but there are plenty of sleeves. But when you start to add documents, like mortagages, car, various insurances, pension forcasts etc then it struggles, and for me was too small to be fit for the purpose I wanted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10