Profile for Krodders > Reviews

Content by Krodders

Krodders "khr174" (Wiltshire, UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sim, 26 Mar. 2013
This does exactly what it says on the tin; 3Gb for 3 Months! Simple to set up, just pop it into the iPad and wait a couple of seconds for it to register and "away you go". If there were 6 stars I would award it to this item. Ignore the negative reviews; I have had a couple of these Sims now and they work really well. I'll be back for another in a couple of months time.

Kingston Technology 64GB Portable Storage Wi-Drive
Kingston Technology 64GB Portable Storage Wi-Drive

3.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 7 Mar. 2013
As usual, an excellent Amazon dispatch and delivery experience.

I opened the box, charged the wi-drive for a while then loaded some files onto it via the PC. Disconnected the wi-drive from the PC turned it on and then connected my iPad and iPhone to it; straight forward and worked first time. I then set up a bridge to enable access to the internet at the same time as the wi-drive; once again, no problems.
I then made a mistake of updating the firmware on the wi-drive! Although I could still connect to it via my iPad, my iPhone had a problem with the wi-drive app reporting that it could not access the drive even though the phone showed it as being connected. Much head scratching and several minutes later, I decided to renew the lease of the wi-drive wifi connection on my iPhone and it worked again!

As others have reported, the file types that wi-drive app supports is quite limited; I will play with some other apps in due course but for the moment the drive and the app meet my needs. I have only rated this 4 stars due to the limited file formats that are supported and the small connectivity problem that I experienced after updating the firmware.

Having used the Wi-Drive for a few days, I have discovered the battery life is somewhat lacking. At best I can get 2 hours out of it when just connecting to one IOS device; for this reason I have reduced my score to 3 stars

White Leather 360 Degree Rotating Stand Case Cover for the Brand New iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2 (with Retina Display) and iPad Mini (1st Generation) with Full Sleep/Wake compatibility, Screen Protector Included
Offered by Purplemoose007

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly OK, 15 Feb. 2013
The case is quiet bulky but fits the iPad quite well; in portrait mode the iPad is very unstable. It is however OK in landscape mode. The magnetic strips only work to turn the iPad off occasionally; the elastic to hold the cover closed helps in this regard but not every time! The overall quality of the case is OKish, I am not sure how long it is going to last as the stitching after just a couple of days is showing signs of wear. Overall, for the price, it is almost OK; a bit better quality, more stability and a reliable on / off when opening and closing the lid and it would have gained 5 stars.

Miore Sapphire Necklace, 9ct White Gold, Diamond and Sapphire Heart Pendant, 45cm Chain, MA917PW

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected, 1 July 2012
A nice piece of jewellery; having said that, the picture gives the impression that it is larger than it actually is. The sapphires are very small and quite difficult to see.

HP C9363 (No. 344) Remanufactured / Recycled Colour Printer Ink Cartridge For use with: Deskjet 5740 6520 6540 6543 6840 6843 6620 9800 5940 460 5740XI 5743 5748 6940 6800 6848 460C 460CB 460WBT 6540D 6800 Series 6940 Series 6980 Series 9800D D4155 D
Offered by OfficeClearance/OUR-PRICE-20%-UK VAT INCL.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but did not reset the ink level monitor, 4 Feb. 2010
The cartridge arrived well packaged; however, when installed in my printer the cartridge was displayed as being empty on the ink level monitor - disappointing and in my opinion not worth the money saved compared to the price of a new HP cartridge

Waterpik Ultra Cordless Water Jet WP450
Waterpik Ultra Cordless Water Jet WP450
Offered by Dental Direct UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Design, 17 Oct. 2009
I have had a Waterpik WP450 for about 8 months; after 2 months the battery appeared not to charge... In fact the contacts that the charger connects to, on the unit, had tarnished so no power was actually getting through to the battery! I cleaned the contacts and "hey presto" it worked just fine again. However, around two months later the unit stopped working completely; being a bit of a DIY-er I took it apart to find that the inside was really wet and the "on - off" switch contacts were covered with a "green fur" making it impossible to turn the unit on. After cleaning the terminals it worked again for a short period. Having needed to re-clean the battery, and "on-off", terminals several times I have finally given up trying to keep it running. In fact the motor has now got a thick coating of rust all over it and the contacts are now tarnished beyond cleaning.
A great concept, when working the WP450 performs a very good job on your teeth, unfortunately it is let down by a very poor design.

Toshiba 19DV615DB 19-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD/DVD Combi with Freeview - Black
Offered by GSM-Fonz - (New Year Sale! Up to 90% price Drop)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great TV, 20 July 2009
This is a great TV; plug it in, connect the aerial, turn it on, wait a few short minutes for the auto setup to find all the available stations and "away you go". A superb picture on digital and DVD; the analogue picture is typically a square in the middle of the screen with black edges top, sides and bottom , albeit very good quality. The viewing angle is particularly good for a LCD TV; I have it placed fairly high up on the wall of my bedroom and the picture is still good viewed from a lying position in bed :-)
I would have scored this 5* if the analogue picture filled more of the available screen area. In summary, this is a great TV that I thoroughly recommend to prospective buyers.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2009 9:55 AM BST

Logitech VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks
Logitech VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks

5.0 out of 5 stars I Got the Mouse - The Cat got the Cream - Both very Happy, 24 Mar. 2009
This is a great product; small enough to be portable but big enough to be easy and comfortable to use. I love the scroll wheel with its two scrolling options / feel. The wireless transmitter is so small and neat I leave it in my laptop all of the time. However, when I do take it out and put it back into the mouse it even turns off the mouse; a nice additional feature that I was not expecting. I cannot comment on the battery life yet as I have been only using it for about a month; the buttons take a bit of getting used to but now I am used to them they do everything that I could possibly ask for. I would recommend this mouse to anyone, who like me, tavels a lot and needs a reliable, accurate and comfortable mouse to use.

I wrote my first review of this mouse in March 2009; now in October, I can say that it has lived up to, and exceeded, expectations with an excellent battery life. I really recommend this mouse.