Profile for Swissie > Reviews

Swissie

Rob Ryan Coin Purse
Rob Ryan Coin Purse

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful purse!, 6 Jan. 2013
Love it! Perfect size for 6-7 cards and some coins. Brings a smile to my face when I see it! :o)

NEW! KTwo Family Calendar Planner Organiser Fox 2013
NEW! KTwo Family Calendar Planner Organiser Fox 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet well organised calendar, 6 Jan. 2013
Lovely practical calendar, stickers are great to highlight events or cover up mistakes. Pocket will be great for storing those month's papers/invites etc. My one criticism is that the cover is lovely and colourful but inside the calendar is very white and plain, would prefer the lovely illustrations on the front to be continued throughout and in all colours!

Tibits at Home: stylish vegetarian cuisine
Tibits at Home: stylish vegetarian cuisine
by Reto Frei

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost there, 6 Jan. 2013
I live in Switzerland where Tibits originated, and love eating at their resaturants. I was really looking forward to the English copy of the book coming out. It is beautiful, photographed well and presents simple, easy to follow recipes. Some of my favourites were not in the book but there is more than enough to keep me happy and busy in the kitchen. Would recommend to vegetarians and people who want something a bit different. There are definitley not as many unusual ingredients as Ottolenghi, much as I love his recipes too.
Regarding the tone of the book, it is a German to English translation and some tips such as the parsnips would be valuable to Swiss or German readers, as in my experience being a Brit here, no locals know what a parsnip is! And it is often hard to find in supermarkets.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2013 8:38 PM BST